View Poll Results: Do you believe in credibility of Indian National awards anymore

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 36.84%
  • No

12 63.16%
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: National Awards, India

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber tamizharasan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik)
    Anil Oscar medaye erittaaru, NA ellam enna...
    (Namma aalu Oscar vaanguna athana sandhoshathula adhu dhaan ore varutham)
    Honestly we should be worried about all these stuff. Because all these functions have hidden agenda. Academy is worried about the money they make in broadcasting that show. Even though oscar is million times better than our national award, still it is not 100% authentic. For example Kevin costner and sylvester stallone were nominated for oscars in acting category, though critics consider both of them are one of the worst actors ever produced by nature.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R
    Kutty Srank screenwriting beat Kaminey !

Hmm...padathai pAkkaNumE
    Delhi-6 wins award for best film with social message

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Amitji on par with Kamal/Mammoo

Enthiran-kku thalaivarukku kudukkalai, kanyAkumAri-lerunthu kashmeeer varaikkum ellaa kadaiyilEyum tea kudippen.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer
    May be should have been as an option.
    i put "inconsistent" which would have swept the polls but somehow it didnt turn up
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, that seems to be a problem. I put up a poll where the last option(agassi) didn't show up. Hub softwarela bug-gu

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most certainly agree that Rajini > Amitabh.
    IIRC last time indha argument vandhappO the only strong naysayer was equanimar. (yEdhO ennala mudinjadhu). Of course I may have seen less than 20 Amitabh films.
    me too - i feel Amitabh is certainly > rajini sir......Don, Zanjeer, Abhiman, silsila and so many films where he completely remodelled the way hindi heroes perform those typecast role.......he had the ability to accelerate and put brakes as and when required......he also had a towering charisma and screen presence without any dependance on style.....post 2000, there is no scope for arguement - he has been marvellous.......chenni kum was a huge array of emotions which he mantled with very less effort.....

ofcourse, he cant do highly localised roles like mullum malarum but that one aspect is not strong enough for me........
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    muLLum malarum is not about localised role, Maddy. Watch it again. Watch how Rajini handles each emotion, scene - that goes beyond gesture, style charisma and screen presence. That was kALi, not Rajini. You never feel that way with Amit-ji ever. He is always Amit-ji. People diss Sharukh, Vijay et al that they always play themselves(or a specific aspect of their self) in all movies.

To me, Amit-ji is similar. Whether it is Black, Zanjeer or Bhootnath, the type of performance is the same.
    His 70's good movies which you outlined(commercial and middle of the road) always had the same uptight, intense persona. The gestures, screen presence etc were similar. He had his 80's persona which was different but drew from the same well. Then back to 2000's, again he reverted to an intense, this time old, man roles.

Rajini can jujubee those roles now but I guess he wont becausee he really doesnt need to act now. Above anything else, I dont see him feeling any need now to prove himself as an actor. I guess he is satisfied with what he is now.

In short, 70's Rajini>> 70's Amit-ji. The masala versions catered to different markets and were humongously succesful, so you could say 80's Rajini=80's Amit-ji
    But 90's masala Rajini was far more succesful so overall
    masala Rajini > masala amit-ji (because mass success is the only criteria here)

2000's bachchan - Rajini hasnt played this game yet. So, Nadal 16 grand slams vAngara varaikkum he is not the GOAT-nu nAn(en thrupthikkAga) solikkarA madhiri, Rajini is not capable of matching Bachchan in this-nu sollikkalAm

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most certainly agree that Rajini > Amitabh.
    IIRC last time indha argument vandhappO the only strong naysayer was equanimar.
    Absaleetly. No-contest 'ம்பாயிங்களே.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you agreeing with P_R absoleetly or emphasising the naysayer aspect.

Amit-ji>> Rajniniku konjam velVariyA sollungaLEn...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm completely disagreeing, of course. வெலாவரியா அப்புறம் பேசுவோம். But ஒரு doubt. I don't see how 70s Rajini could be greater than 70s Bachchan. 70s was practically Bachchan's golden period. What are the films of Rajini that you have in mind?

Post Thanks / Like
    What are the golden films of Bachchan in 70's?
    Wait, I know it myself.
    Anand(excellent supporting act), Abhimaan(not so great performance; movie was very good, role itself had little scope), Chupke Chupke(comic persona - no way this can be greater than Rajini's wide range in comic persona), Zanjeer(Intense - template for angry young man; again not beyond Rajini), Silsila/Deewar(replay Zanjeer comments), Don(general masala stuff - though Billa doesnt stand up, Rajini has many subsequent kickass stuff to match up), Amar Akbar and other Desai Gonsalves persona(I am deeply unappreciative of these and Amitji's comic turns - Rajini has done middle class visu humour, his own brand in TEO and Guru Sishyan, and some outstanding touches like the one in UzhaippaLi I keep quoting - Bachchan is more of Anthony Gonsalves in humour/comedy and nothing else).

Romance - documented weak point of Amit-ji. JohnnylAm....(En, En, En...in response to naan apdi thAn pEsuvEn... )
    (Think Amitji-VinodMehra-Rakhee movies for comparitive attempt by Amitji on romance)

Rajini as a villain - no chance for Amit-ji. (yeah, yeah, RGV ki Aag and all we have seen. And what was before that - Rakesh Mehra's first movie, Aks, was it? Busssss..was more like it)

When I say villain, I dont mean it in the nambiar sense. A relentlessly everyday evil, wicked man. Like in avargaL, mUndru mudichu.

Have you seen all of Rajini's 70's movies?

padikkAdhavan vs KhuddAr - watch Rajini when Nagesh dies, the respectful body language towards NT in the final scenes, reaction the thambi's betrayal. Amit-ji not in the same planet. And even the scenes with Ambika, the comedy, Amitji hams in the pregnant-with-liquor-bottles scenes.

And finally muLLum malarum - boss, that one is enough. Nothing that AB did matches up ever.

Angry/Intense/both Young man in various forms - sums up Bachchan of 70's
    B Grade masala actor - Bachchan of 80's - albeit a very good one.
    Stern patriarch in various forms - this sums up Bachchan of the 90's and 2000's. Isnt that too limited?

Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast