Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: IR's BGM

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer
    When jayachitra goes to suchitra's house to request for karthiks release the bgm is worth a special mention. The usage of veenai(???) is good and it is accompanied with another harrowing note. prammadham
    I wanted to mention a small anecdote, but forgot it in my previous post. When I was watching this film in TV some 10 years ago, I gave that veenai sound even before it was played on screen. My cousin who was sitting nearby was amazed that I remembered it. That's how good the BGM was

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik)
    Just finished seeing Agni Natchathiram, The BGM during the scene when Prabhu arrests Karthik -
    The way Karthik says "Ashhok Vishhhwanath" and Prabhu says "Arrest him" supera irukkum

Oru Passenger Train-ae veetukulla ottina madhiri.

I was affected by BGM of AN (right from the title score) when I saw first time in theatre in my onnuntheriyatha vayasu days.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My first awakening to background score, borrowing the term from PlummanAr, happened during watching Kadhalukku Mariyathai. And the second awakening, konjam asandhu thoongittEn, happened while revisting Sindhu Bhairavi. Everybody raves about the songs, but the BGM was on par. I didn't realize it during watching the film. But days later when my friend and self were discussing the film, every scene my friend mentioned was etched in memory only as the background score.

Favourite piece from the film

Brilliantly supports the montages, if i can call it that way.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agni N, might be my second awakening too. The distortion veena piece, the train in doorstep as af alluded are ofcourse great.
    Then there is the idi-minnal confrontation score which concludes like an amplified effect of a coin's settling in the ground after several spins on the ground after being tossed, the trumpets signifying the noose tightening on umapathy.

There is one tender piece amidst all this high energy explosion - bo, not the I love you theme for nirosha intro. When tara runs up the stairs carrying the kovil prasadam, the flute climbs the stairs with her. She forgets her place in the family in the excitement of getting the prasad to her father; the flute captures all this and the veena piece leading up to being stopped by the policeman and sumitra saying "enga veettu ponnu dhaan". Mani milked the moment very effectively(one of his strong points) and Raja gave full support.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,

While Nirosha's "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" was romantic and breezy Amala's was down right naughty. Trust this man to get the emotions right.

/
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982
    When jayachitra goes to suchitra's house to request for karthiks release the bgm is worth a special mention. The usage of veenai(???) is good and it is accompanied with another harrowing note. prammadham
    I wanted to mention a small anecdote, but forgot it in my previous post. When I was watching this film in TV some 10 years ago, I gave that veenai sound even before it was played on screen. My cousin who was sitting nearby was amazed that I remembered it. That's how good the BGM was

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AravindMano
    My first awakening to background score, borrowing the term from PlummanAr, happened during watching Kadhalukku Mariyathai. And the second awakening, konjam asandhu thoongittEn, happened while revisting Sindhu Bhairavi. Everybody raves about the songs, but the BGM was on par. I didn't realize it during watching the film. But days later when my friend and self were discussing the film, every scene my friend mentioned was etched in memory only as the background score.

Favourite piece from the film

Brilliantly supports the montages, if i can call it that way.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My pleasure!
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN
    Annakili had a wonderful by Janaki amma

anakili unnai theduthe aaru masam ....

Amazing.
    adheppadi, yArukkum theriyAtha vishayamellAm unggaLukku mattum...??.

pullarikkudhunga.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,

While Nirosha's "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" was romantic and breezy Amala's was down right naughty. Trust this man to get the emotions right.
    But picturisation of 'ninnukkOri varNam' song by MR was toooooooooooo childish.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    AF, I think what you really want to emphasize is "Trust this man to get nuances right"

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast