Apart from the mega hits, a few good(not exactly greatest or best) ones

endrum anbudan
    chinna pasanga nanga
    puyal pAdum pAttu(?)
    mudivilla Arambam(?)

? - not sure if these are Murali
    Sorry to digress -

Mudivilla Arambam - SarathBabu and Jothi(?) I think
    PPP - Manivannan's film. Raghuvaran and Radhika.

The first song that came to my mind as soon as I saw the thread was the not so popular 'En pattu en pattu nenjinikkum poongaathu' from Poomani. Awesome singing/lip synching.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pagalnilavu, Poovilangu, Geethanjali, Ingeyum oru Gangai, Idhayam,
    Poomani, chinnapasanganaanga, Adharamam,...

Raja had lots of nice songs for Murali and Murali was one actor who always had his due high respects to Raja, for what he got from him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very bad news and unfortunate....
    My fav movie is "Idayam" .However I have seen a video clip where he sings the song "Manikuyil isaikuthadi Manamakal..." on the stage. The song definitely was a raja composition,but unable to figure the name of the movie??

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rooky
    Pagalnilavu, Poovilangu, Geethanjali, Ingeyum oru Gangai, Idhayam,
    Poomani, chinnapasanganaanga, Adharamam,...

Raja had lots of nice songs for Murali and Murali was one actor who always had his due high respects to Raja, for what he got from him.
    Their relationship goes way back to Raja being the assistant to GKV. Sidhalingaiah being a producer had used GKV in his movies and Raja has respect for Sidhdhalingaiah and thus gave some memorable songs for Murali's debut film Ajeya . Can anyone forget the wonderful "Sihi mutha needi" or "Ella kaleya balle" (awesome second interlude a must hear for all music lovers) or "Mathig modhalu". Thus was born a relationship which endured ages and ups and downs. I have always felt that as an actor singing a Raja song, Murali did the best justice to the "feel" quotient of it.
    Murali's expressive eyes singing the wonderful "Pottu vaiththa" frm idhayam or his expressions for "Idhayame Idhayame" are etched forever in every college going young man in Thamizh naadu.
    Unlike his Idhayam persona, Murali was a bold and dashing person in reality having a big fight with his dad over his love and eloping amidst cinematically tense situation in Mysore.
    Murali was not a phenomenal actor, but somehow was able to become a phenomenon/a pulp figure for young men finding it difficult to propose or even talk to their lady love out of traditional shyness that has completely gone out of vogue in the shameless "Pickup - Drop and Escape" times.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raj_musing
    My fav movie is "Idayam" .However I have seen a video clip where he sings the song "Manikuyil isaikuthadi Manamakal..." on the stage. The song definitely was a raja composition,but unable to figure the name of the movie??
    Thats Thangamanasukkaaran where Murali plays a lead singer of a pop music troupe whose lead guitarist is Gounder.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jai,

I did not know that it is Murali who is the hero in 'Ajeya'. I have heard the songs but I have never watched any clips of that movie.

Gounder on guitar !!! LOL. Should watch that song!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Shakthiprabha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every post of friends here makes me wonder, sometimes we dont really know how special certain people are, until they are no more with us. Murali as rightly said, represents the youth of 80z and made an indelible mark in the minds of school / college kids of those days.

Quote Originally Posted by baroque
    very sad... miss you, Murali
    என்னோட பெரியப்பா , மாமா பசங்க மாதிரி ரொம்ப சாதாரணமா இருப்பா ...

வினதா.
    yeah... like the guy next door, or our cousin, or a class mate...a normal man u meet in daily life. I suppose that was his strongest point and hence geled so well in each our mind, life and memory. We could relate to him.

Murali,... though never glorified for the impact you made, u were and always will be close to our heart and memories.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah he arrived with IR in Poovilangu (super hit movie & songs) and when he was not good in market, Adharmam became a hit and at another bad time poomani songs were popular esp en pattu enpattu and thol mela. I remember another hit movie of muralai pAlam which was a hit movie gave a break to him.

nice actor

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    Quote Originally Posted by raj_musing
    Thats Thangamanasukkaaran where Murali plays a lead singer of a pop music troupe whose lead guitarist is Gounder.
    thanks Jai.. I love that song

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    Jai,

I did not know that it is Murali who is the hero in 'Ajeya'. I have heard the songs but I have never watched any clips of that movie.

Gounder on guitar !!! LOL. Should watch that song!!
    Suresh,

That song has stamps of raja..You will just love it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast