Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Pammalar Sir,
    SIVAJI Fans are proud of you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by BALAA; 25th May 2012 at 12:00 PM.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber abkhlabhi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    தகவல் அட்சய பாத்திரமே, வெறும் நன்றி என்று சொன்னால் , உங்களை கேவல படுத்துவதாகும். உங்கள் சேவையை எப்படி புகழ்வது என்றே தெரியவில்லை.

தானும் எதிலும் குறைந்தவர் அல்ல என்று நிருபிக்கும் வாசுதேவன், ராகவேந்திரா, மற்றும் பலபேர் (பெயர்களை குறிப்பிடவில்லை என்று கோபபடவேண்டாம்)

எங்கள் ஆயுள் சேர்த்து நீங்கள் நீடுடி வாழா வாழ்த்துகிறேன். உங்களுக்கு மனமார ஆசிகள்.

Karan 75th day advt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Devoted Hubber abkhlabhi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    உலகின் ஏழு அதிசயங்களை பார்த்ததில்லை. எட்டாவது அதிசயத்தை பார்க்க முடிந்தது. எட்டாவது அதிசயம் அல்ல. முதல் அதிசயமே நடிகர் திலகம். அவர் மட்டும் வெளி நாட்டில் பிறந்திருந்தால், அவரே உலகின் முதல் அதிசயமாக அறிவித்து இருப்பார்கள்.

ஏழு அதிசயங்கள் எல்லாம் கல்லால் மண்ணால் எழுப்பட்டது. உணர்ச்சிகள் கிடையாது. உள்ளம் பூர்வமாக அனுபவிக்க முடியாதது. போட்டோ எடுத்து பார்த்து கொண்டிருக்கலாம். ஆனால் நடிகர் திலகம் என்ற உலக அதிசயத்தின் நடிப்பை பார்க்கும் பொது ஏற்படும் உணர்சிகளை விவரிக்க வார்த்தைகள் இல்லை.

Congrats and Best wishes and Hats off to Mr.Srinivasan for his Hardwork, Dedication and valuable times spent for brining DVD on "8vathu Ulaga Athisayam Sivaji".
    Last edited by abkhlabhi; 25th May 2012 at 01:46 PM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber KCSHEKAR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pammalar View Post
    வீரபாண்டிய கட்டபொம்மன்

பொன்னுக்கு மேலான பொக்கிஷங்கள்
    பக்தியுடன்,
    பம்மலார்.
    Very good and wide coverage about Veerapandiya Kattabomman. Thanks Mr.Pammalar,
    அன்புடன்

K.CHANDRASEKARAN
    President
    Nadigarthilagam Sivaji SamooganalaPeravai
    sivajiperavai@gmail.com
    https://www.facebook.com/sivaji.peravai

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber KCSHEKAR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mr.Vasudevan Sir & Mr.Ragavendiran sir - for the Photos about Veerapandiya Kattabomman
    அன்புடன்

K.CHANDRASEKARAN
    President
    Nadigarthilagam Sivaji SamooganalaPeravai
    sivajiperavai@gmail.com
    https://www.facebook.com/sivaji.peravai

Senior Member Diamond Hubber vasudevan31355's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    'தினத்தந்தி' 'வீரபாண்டிய கட்டபொம்மன்' சிறப்பு அரிய ஆவணம்.

அன்புடன்,
    வாசுதேவன்.
    Last edited by vasudevan31355; 25th May 2012 at 03:26 PM.
    நடிகர் திலகமே தெய்வம்

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I provide my English translation from Aroor das book:

“The Madurai Mangala Bala Gaana Sabha was a drama troupe managed by Ethaartham Ponnusami Pillai of Thiruvathavoor, Madurai. This troupe stationed themselves in Tiruchi and conducted dramas at the Thevar Hall.

From Sangili Aanda Puram, a boy aged 6 or 7 had joined this drama troupe with his friend, a neighbor’s son. In this drama troupe, there was a Tamil tutor (Vaathiaar) who taught drama and Tamil to the young charges. He was short in stature and was extremely strict. With or without sense, this tutor punished his young charges by cane beating, even for smallest errors. Because of this, the young boys had their bowel leaks, when they saw or even dreamt about this extreme disciplinarian cum tutor. In their dreams, he appeared like a charging lion.

But that Tamil tutor had a great gift. He could compose beautiful, rhyming Tamil songs based on poetic grammar. One day, at the stage, that boy from Sangili Aanda Puram was acting in the role of a young widow. And by carelessness on that day, he was wearing a blouse. This had been noticed by that disciplinatrian tutor.

In that era, wearing blouse by widows was rather inappropriate according to societal norms. At the end of the scene, that Tamil tutor harshly gave a cane beating to that young boy; ‘Can’t you be so careless and unrealistic in your profession?’ was the complaint against that young boy.

Guess who was that young charge, who received such a beating? Maestro Sivaji Ganesan. Who was that cane-loving tutor? My most respectful and admired elder and great poet, K.D.Santhanam (S).

43 years ago, during the shooting of the movie ‘Pasa Malar’, I met elder K.D.S. at the old Neptune Studio and paid my respects. In that movie, when Sivaji Ganesan (the hero) becomes rich, he is met by a character named ‘Rajaratnam’. KD.Santhanam played that character.

That young charge V.C.Ganesan never forgot about, in his illustrious career, from whom he received the cane-beating and from whose beating he learnt the alphabets of acting and Tamil diction. It was he, after establishing his fame in the movie world, who recommended his harsh disciplinarian tutor for that particular character in his great movie.

During the shooting days, Sivaji would be seated outdoors near the shooting floor with crossed legs and be in conversation with me, while having a cigarette in his lips. Then, elder K.D.Santhanam would occasionally pass us from the make-up room towards the shooting floor. At the instant when Sivaji sees his old tutor, he would dutifully stand up in respect, and hide the cigarette behind his back. Though noticing that homage silently, the old tutor K.D.S. pretend ignoring us and with bowed head pass us quietly.

It would touch my heart, when watching that simple, elegant and meaningful respect Sivaji paid for his old tutor. What a class! What a grateful protégé! I mention this anecdote because the younger generation should be informed of this humility and gratitude shown by maestro Sivaji.

Once, after K.D.S. had passed us and went beyond the listening distance, Sivaji sat back and told me: ‘Aarooran! On this Santhanam tutor (Santhana Vaathi) who passed us. The amount of beating I got from him isn’t a few. During dance training (when a step is missed for a beat), during dialogue training (when a word is missed), he beat us severely! Oh Mother – He’d chase and chase us and beat us! Even when he went to the toilet, he carried his cane. Now he is passing us like a young girl with head turned towards the floor. Even when I thought about him in those days, I’d shiver.’

I asked him jokingly: ‘Then, why did you recommend him for this role?’

[Sivaji said] ‘You don’t know. Because of those beatings I received from his hand, I’m now sitting comfortably like this as Sivaji Ganesan. When I joined the drama troupe, I was a zero. From him only, I learnt how to speak dialogue and how to act. Do you know, what a classy Tamil poet he is? What a poetic touch he carried in his hands? The songs he wrote for the Ambikapathi [1957] movie I acted: Ah! What sweet Tamil, and what lilting rhythm! I tolerated all those beatings because of his blessed Tamil knowledge. Otherwise, I’d have quit the troupe and ran back to my home during any one of those nights.’

Later, when elder K.D.S. was alone at the shooting floor, I approached him and politely mused;

“Elder Sir, I’ve heard that you gave severe beating to Sivaji Annan in his young days.’

[K.D.S.] ‘Oh! He has told you about that. Oh! That was in those days. Now I’m becoming senile. I cannot remember your script now. Not only that, when Thambi Ganesan stand in front of me, shouldn’t I look at his face and deliver my dialogue? When I look at him now, I’m getting nervous! Because of that, can you prepare me for my dialogue by repeating your script not once but four times? It may be a bother. Kindly oblige.’

How Time did change? The same great tutor who taught dialogue to Sivaji Ganesan in his young days, with disciplinary cane at his hand, now he feels nervous to stand in front of his illustrious protégé, and ask me to prepare him well for a scene in which he faces his protégé.”

Post Thanks / Like
    Iam posting this from wikipedia

Veerapandiya Kattabomman (Tamil: வீரபாண்டிய கட்டபொம்மன்) is a 1959 Tamil feature film written by Sakthi T. K. Krishnasamy and directed by B. R. Panthulu. The cast includes Sivaji Ganesan, Gemini Ganesan, Padmini, S. Varalakshmi, and V. K. Ramasamy.

One of the memorable films of Sivaji Ganesan, it was produced and directed by B. R. Banthulu. Veerapandiya Kattabomman was a Tamil chieftain who rose in rebellion against the East India Company and fought with alien combination. One of the earliest freedom fighters of India he laid his life in sacrifice at the altar of freedom of his motherland.

This role of a historic figure Kattabomman was played with majesty and grandeur by great actor Sivaji Ganesan portrayed this personality of the rebel hero in a most effective manner. Sivaji`s performance won him an international award at the Egypt Film Festival. The American President Rober Kennedy recived with great honour and honoured sivaji which everybody knows. The credit goes to wonderful performance of sivaji.

Veerapandiya Kattabomman is notable for being the first Tamil film to be shot in Technicolor and which was printed in London. This movie ran 100 days in 28 theatres in those days which is worth to mention for all time. When this movie was re released in USA ie in third round, ran with houseful shows in second week. Padmini(Nattipaeroli) said in one interview.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crew

Produced: B. R. Panthulu, Padmini Pictures
    Directed: B. R. Panthulu
    Music : G. Ramanathan
    Lyrics : Ku. Ma. Balasubramaniam
    Screenplay & Dialogues: Sakthi T. K. Krishnasamy
    Art Director: Ganga
    Editing : R. Devanarayanan
    Costumes : M. G. Naidu
    Choreography : Hiralal, P. S. Gopalakrishnan & Madhavan