• Scintillating Seventies - Light & Semi-Classical

3 5.00%
  • Scintillating Seventies - Advent of WCM Technical Depth

4 6.67%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Early 80's fusion

30 50.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Mid 80's Auto-Pilot Smooth orhcestration

15 25.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - back to folk in the late 80's(Ramarajan etc)

2 3.33%
  • New Age Nineties - Early 90's classics(Devar Magan, Ejamaan etc)

3 5.00%
  • New Age Nineties - The Malayalam Majesty

1 1.67%
  • Maestro's Magic - 2000's

1 1.67%
Page 53 of 347 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jai, the song found its way into the screen in telugu. However, as I said, that version fizzles out in the end - maybe, the director found it too hot to handle and hence a watered down version was composed?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice post Plum, it will make me listen to this song more attentively now. Thought this song comes in the background in the movie, not sure though.

Post Thanks / Like
    நான் வணங்குகிறேன் (ஜானகி, லய ராசா, குரு)

Post Thanks / Like
    The judges are hilarious :

James Vasanthan : "இந்த டிவி ரியாலிட்டி ஷோக்கள்ல இருந்தே சங்கீத ஜாதி முல்லையை ban பண்ணனும்!"

Sarath's comment on 'muththam thinbavaL' -
    ஏன் வீட்டில வேற ஒண்ணும் தர மாட்டாங்களா?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Latest Gem:

Raaga's voice has really made me have a penchant for melancholic songs...his voice conveys such a depthless sorrow....i don't know how else to express it...

Plum, it was a pleasure to read your write up...while I treasure the songs from Nizhagal I cannot say I have paid the same amount of attention as you or others have to this song nor do I have the skills to put into words how I feel about many of IR's songs...thank you very much for sharing

so glad to have such songs securely stored in corners of the mind and bursting forth spontaneously all of a sudden.
    So am I it has made my encounters with public transportation that much more bearable!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine

James Vasanthan : "இந்த டிவி ரியாலிட்டி ஷோக்கள்ல இருந்தே சங்கீத ஜாதி முல்லையை ban பண்ணனும்!"

Poor guy...but it's true all the same...how many "Paatukku Paatu" contestants have totally mangled this song! I always rush off to hear the original version just to overcome the trauma...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    Plum,
    Great write-up!

தூரத்தில் நான் கண்ட உன் முகம் - ராசாவின் பாடல்களிலேயே கொஞ்சம் அரிதான வகை. ஜானகி அருமையாக அதற்கு உயிர் கொடுத்திருக்கிறார்!

மனதில் உறுதி வேண்டும் படத்தின் "கண்ணா வருவாயா" பாட்டும் இதே "வகை" என்று தோன்றுகிறது. (ஒப்பீடாக அல்ல, வகைப்படுத்தலில் ஏதோ உறவு இருப்பதாக எனக்குத்தோன்றுகிறது. பலமுறை மனதில் ப்ளே செய்யும் போது ரெண்டும் வந்து குழம்பும்).
    Yes, app, kaNNA varuvAyA always did, and does, remind me of this song. However, it is much diluted. Infact, the telugu version which is 80% the same, by itself, doesnt match up to the lost-in-the-realms-of-history original. While the lack of association with any visuals does give us a free visualisation of the song, it still takes it away from the cradles of visual familiarity that keeps any song alive more than its real life time.

As someone said, though, the song does play in the background, I think, after Charuhaasan's demise in the movie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida
    Latest Gem:

Raaga's voice has really made me have a penchant for melancholic songs...his voice conveys such a depthless sorrow....i don't know how else to express it...

Plum, it was a pleasure to read your write up...while I treasure the songs from Nizhagal I cannot say I have paid the same amount of attention as you or others have to this song nor do I have the skills to put into words how I feel about many of IR's songs...thank you very much for sharing

so glad to have such songs securely stored in corners of the mind and bursting forth spontaneously all of a sudden.
    So am I it has made my encounters with public transportation that much more bearable!
    Thanks Querida. It is only occasionally that one gets words to express what one feels about IR songs. An overwhelming majority pass by the mind everyday uneventfully as strict, one-off and personal celebration.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had bought a CD some time back with had this film called "Nalla Naal' along with 'Nane Raja Naane Mandhiri' and 'Karimedu Karuvayan'. I had never heard about 'Nalla Naal' earlier and wasn't sure how the songs would be. As usual, they turn out to be top class. Any of our regulars can provide some details about this movie? app_eng, usha?

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.ph...R00403&lang=en

Listening to 'podu thandanathom'. Wonderfully sung by SPB and Janaki. The first interlude is an excellent example of smooth jazz. All the songs in this movie are nice and are vintage Raja.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh my fav song in Nalla Naal is the ghost song 'Vetta Veli PottalilE'