• Scintillating Seventies - Light & Semi-Classical

3 5.00%
  • Scintillating Seventies - Advent of WCM Technical Depth

4 6.67%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Early 80's fusion

30 50.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Mid 80's Auto-Pilot Smooth orhcestration

15 25.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - back to folk in the late 80's(Ramarajan etc)

2 3.33%
  • New Age Nineties - Early 90's classics(Devar Magan, Ejamaan etc)

3 5.00%
  • New Age Nineties - The Malayalam Majesty

1 1.67%
  • Maestro's Magic - 2000's

1 1.67%
Page 292 of 347 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 3468

Thread: Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tamizharasan View Post
    IR's songs get deeper and deeper as time pass by.
    S. romba azhagana vaarthai......... 2 type sollalam.

1. oorukai pottal, adhu romba nalla oorina dhan set agum.. taste romba nanraga irukum.

2. jeera vil podum sweet types... idhvum apadiaye.. nalla oorina dhan taste irukum.

adhu pola.. IR songs................................
    Usha Sankar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    wine mAdhiri'nnu kooda sollalam
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anthapuram interludesla ellaam bOdhai porul range'nga.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ada pAavi tamizharasA! ingEyumA?

naNbargaLE - vENAm avaru kuzhi thOndurAru. summA chilipikA chilipikA solRAruppA. Parody. valaiyila vizhAdhInga

(TA - btw, , you are doing well as a possible replacement for git. git is obviously a pastmaster so hard to match him but not a bad substitute )

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Converted Payanangal Mudivathillai into a high quality album this past weekend. Here is a portion of "Thoga Ilamayil". Please forgive me for the song being short.... Here is the link:

http://soundcloud.com/raja4ever/payanangalmudivathillai

Post Thanks / Like
    Vinod, thanks for this (though I'm yet to listen to the clip). I actually have a similar request (which I wanted to post sometime back). When you find time, can you please try extracting the basslines from some tracks, say Solla Solla (from the finders keepers compilation where the sound quality seems to be pretty good) or any other song of your choice?
    Also, can you please add d/l option to your soundcloud collection, if possible? Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    chozhar kula (udan pirappu)
    p_r solra maadhiri - iyya, naangellaam ivalo orththE illinga.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking about Raaja's evolution across the years.. It is a breathtaking journey so far and I have a feeling that we are in for some more exciting 'evolutionary jumps'. Just rewind and think through
    1. Nativity statement in early years
    2. Compelled to show versatility in the following years
    3. Finding of spiritual balance coinciding with "controlled orchestration" and daring attempts at fusion
    4. Fusion giving way to "splicing" WCM orchestras playing charukesi and saramathi while the native folk instuments try to do harmonic counterpoints and the listener is flummoxed by the whole thing.
    5. New found love for Jazz in its pure form - attempt to increase "composer" value in jazz - ongoing effort to achieve control over jazz players - something like what Babe does to a flock of sheep in the movie "babe" climax - coaxing and cajoling them to play 'his' tune..
    And then I listened to the nithyananda song "Muthoo mani muthu mani" from adharmam - the control over the music is impeccable - be it the change in rhythms - choice of percussion and instrumentation that makes it "oh so soft" (to go along with the picturisation), the conversation between folkish flute and Cellos in the second interlude - oh what can one say about the velvetty beauty of the entire thing - song no longer remains words set to music - but become a beautiful bird that sets the stage, puts on the colors and then sings and dances to covet - to mesmerize its mate. The word 'art' finds its true meaning in such a transformation. Thanks my dear UPS.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jai,

Listening almost non stop to his 90s works. I need to write in detail on that. As usual lack of time the culprit. As you say, an amazing transformation from the man.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In any song, mostly, I just let it play and lyrics makes absolutely no impact on me, or i don't give any attention( even if, only minimal, and that too only after many listens, when i feel i have well absorbed the song, and let me look at other departments, and mainly, only if the lyrics is catchy (meaning/words) )

the lyrics are just carrier of the tune. only look at way of singing, beauty and effort in way of singing, and just let the overall sound/tune do the magic on me. singers are just another musical instrument. There are too many other things to look for, the bass guitar and other instruments, the musical conversation between them, most of the time, its felt that the tune itself is 'talking', 'conversing' some meaning and the sub-conscious mind deciphers it and comes up with conclusion that this 'tune' itself is speaking/expressing the situation. I run out of words, to explain this blissful feeling , hereafter.

Each song is like, we get caught into the frequency of that song, like phase locked loop, its tune locked mind and just can't come out of it, the mind demands looping that song, and even the song heard before is allergic, until i come out of that current song. godly feeling.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv