• Scintillating Seventies - Light & Semi-Classical

3 5.00%
  • Scintillating Seventies - Advent of WCM Technical Depth

4 6.67%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Early 80's fusion

30 50.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Mid 80's Auto-Pilot Smooth orhcestration

15 25.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - back to folk in the late 80's(Ramarajan etc)

2 3.33%
  • New Age Nineties - Early 90's classics(Devar Magan, Ejamaan etc)

3 5.00%
  • New Age Nineties - The Malayalam Majesty

1 1.67%
  • Maestro's Magic - 2000's

1 1.67%
Page 286 of 347 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3468

Thread: Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    Keeravani, right?
    Yes. it is. And as opposed 99% of the raaja fans, I have my own reservations about Janaki's voice. But there are some songs in which 'only' her voice seems totally justifying. This Unnai Naan from Guna is one such song. She nails it so brilliantly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today aakarsh tweeted about this song on twitter. One more of those rare gems of Raja. Never knew such a song existed nor such a movie.

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer...0'&lang=en

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Rare find indeed

Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Ultimate oldie song which is modern at same time. The comments says this is unofficially composed by Raja. The bass lines strengthens that feel! It is kinda sin to miss this song!

VARAPRASADAM -- GANGAI NATHI ORAM
    Thanks for unearthing a rare diamond snd for sharing more insider info, SKV and Sutrshji.
    Though I knew Raja was not the MD, I always felt his invisible hands during those soft but insightful interlude passages that was for sure out of ordinary during pre IR era.
    Vani. Dasettan - Do we have such illustrious voice culture any more, esp with likes of Dhanush etc taking playback singing seriously.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    Today aakarsh tweeted about this song on twitter. One more of those rare gems of Raja. Never knew such a song existed nor such a movie.

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer...0'&lang=en
    This was a recent discovery for me too. Is it Rasikapriya or Amirthavarshini or mix of both? RR, where are you?
    After I heard this song a couple of months back, I realized the inspiration behind Vidhyasagar's "Ding Dong ringing a bell"

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    You all are welcome ! Here is the full End Credit with its original glory...
    http://soundcloud.com/raja4ever/srr-endcredits

Here is the title score with a different perspective. It start with Veena and the Guitar enhancing the curiosity of the listener. I did enhance this section to highlight the Guitar. Also note the flute played in Solo and the Veena played at the beginning of the song.. I have also included both SPB and Shreya's vocals for few seconds for you to experience how the vocals sound all by itself.. Also note the Sarangi... It was a different experience for me...
    http://soundcloud.com/raja4ever/srr-trimmedtitle
    One thing to note is that Mr. Puru manually tapping the beats for a brief moment after the initial Veena. If you have a good transparent system, you could hear that or even with a good headphone..

And finally, the Title score with its full glory.. Watch out the fading at the end.. One way to gracefully end the score...

http://soundcloud.com/raja4ever/srr-titlescore

Enjoy and have a nice weekend...
    Last edited by Vinodkumar; 14th July 2012 at 09:39 PM.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thumburu View Post
    This was a recent discovery for me too. Is it Rasikapriya or Amirthavarshini or mix of both? RR, where are you?
    After I heard this song a couple of months back, I realized the inspiration behind Vidhyasagar's "Ding Dong ringing a bell"
    It has amritavarshini as main scale and frequently steps into rasikapriya. This is a stunner for me because:

1. I keep assuming that i have all the good songs of raaja and then, my assumption goes for a toss when i find a beautiful song that i dont have. This has been happening once in 2-3 months for the last 10 years.
    2. I thought I had all amritavarshinis by raaja. I always have this against him that he composed only a handful of songs in this raagam. Also that he has not explored this raagam in the last 15 years (makkal aatchi had last amritavarshini; any song after that??). Majority of his songs in this raagam were done in 80s. And now, in 2012, I discover this song from 80s.
    3. And lastly, this is perhaps the only song with such rare combination of these 2 ragas specifically. Collectors piece I say!
    Last edited by aakarsh; 15th July 2012 at 12:09 AM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    vinod, some superb stuff again

I'm pulling my hair apart trying to crack the veenai piece in this one:
    http://soundcloud.com/raja4ever/srr-trimmedtitle

What nadai is this? Does sound like aadhi thalam, but I'm kinda going nuts trying to keep beat with it! kuzhapparInglE da!
    How is this thing structured? Someone please explain'nga.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aakarsh View Post
    It has amritavarshini as main scale and frequently steps into rasikapriya. This is a stunner for me because:

1. I keep assuming that i have all the good songs of raaja and then, my assumption goes for a toss when i find a beautiful song that i dont have. This has been happening once in 2-3 months for the last 10 years.
    2. I thought I had all amritavarshinis by raaja. I always have this against him that he composed only a handful of songs in this raagam. Also that he has not explored this raagam in the last 15 years (makkal aatchi had last amritavarshini; any song after that??). Majority of his songs in this raagam were done in 80s. And now, in 2012, I discover this song from 80s.
    3. And lastly, this is perhaps the only song with such rare combination of these 2 ragas specifically. Collectors piece I say!
    aakarsh... can't thank you enough for unearthing this beauty!

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy horses! WTF's that in the 2nd interlude? some sorta (sitar or veena)+bass+keys jugalbandi.
    Firstly, he gives such a deadly tune; there's this weaving of two spellbinding raagams; then there's jaanu and mv; and as if all these weren't enough, he gives this 2nd interlude.
    Like Vadivelu who finds an overwhelming assortment of valuables in his theft... 'ada pOngada'!

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    After some gap, listening kummi pattu. One of the good folk album and I liked it very much but I am scared to check it in YouTube because I feel the songs are difficult to visualise and our people wud have done very normal. Oorukku therkaley good rendition by swarnalatha
    Music Unities Everyone