• Scintillating Seventies - Light & Semi-Classical

3 5.00%
  • Scintillating Seventies - Advent of WCM Technical Depth

4 6.67%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Early 80's fusion

30 50.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Mid 80's Auto-Pilot Smooth orhcestration

15 25.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - back to folk in the late 80's(Ramarajan etc)

2 3.33%
  • New Age Nineties - Early 90's classics(Devar Magan, Ejamaan etc)

3 5.00%
  • New Age Nineties - The Malayalam Majesty

1 1.67%
  • Maestro's Magic - 2000's

1 1.67%
Page 240 of 347 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 3468

Thread: Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Venki,

Telugu means it could be the Sai Baba song.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bass and lead Guitar with Phaser, Violin Tremolos, Violin gushes, solo Violin, High Adrenaline Horns, Acoustic drums, Piano runs, all combined with a soothing melody for Anbin Mugavari with Legendary Voices of S P Balasubramaniam and P Susheela. I have amplified little bit and added bass boost. Please let me know if this is ok. I am listening to this one continuously, especially for the violin tremolos, trumpets, violins and some killer guitar tracks and piano runs. The bass lines of this quality can only unleashed by his genius. Compositions like these are never born again!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_S,

Fantastic song. I think I have this CD with me. Need to check and play again!!. Superb. Hats off to you for loading such lovely melodies.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_S
    Absolutely breathtaking song. What an absolute scorcher
    Thank you so much for uploading.

Really liked your write up of the song
    6th Century Renaissance Composer Claudio Monteverdi invented Tremolo. Violin Concerto works have written since Baroque period, the pioneer being Johann Sebastian Bach. Guitar and Piano has defined the music and evolved right from 16th century till today. Jazz started in 20th century. Louis Armstrong is very famous in playing horns for Jazz compositions.
    If you want to hear all of the above in a single composition? My Maestro has got it.
    Bass and lead Guitar, Violin Tremolos, Violin concerto for a Solo Violin, High adrenaline Horns, Acoustic drums, Piano runs, all combined with a soothing melody for an Indian movie with Legendary Voices of S P Balasubramaniam and P Susheela.
    Welcome to the Beautiful World of Maestro Ilaiyaraaja!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Suresh ji and skr Yes, I am so much delighted as much you are. How Maestro travels from 16th century to 21 century in no time. I also missed mentioning about the flute which comes for few seconds in the prelude. It is a stunner. Compositions like this are never reborn.

Here
    is the link to audio version, if you like the quality.
    Last edited by V_S; 13th February 2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Oops! Edited the post instead of 'Reply with Quote'

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    stupendous song this.
    If one carefully listens "All things western " can be found in this one song as V_S and skr have mentioned.
    I mean, WCM, Jazz, Slight trace of soft rock when the electric guitar mildly makes its presence felt.
    It is incredible..
    One thing is for sure. whoever is taking up the job of classification and creating a catalogue for raaja's music is a brave soul...
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Jai. Most important, how he traverses from one genre to another in no time in this song. Yes, as you observed, there is rock element also in it. Glad you like it. Well said on classification! I know, it is an impossible task to classify his music, mainly because many genres, raagas, concepts overlap in the same song, and the result is the same song appearing under many categories.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vintage Raaja - Blast from the past!

The song itself begins like a blast.. with guitars on phasers and jazztrap kit going frenzy along with trumpets! Who would guess that the song would eventually land up in a Bhageshree raaga! the song is Then Kulathile kulikavaa: http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer...8'&lang=en I came across this song in 2004 or 2005 and it blew my mind. The song has hyper energy.. with instruments just racing across each other. The interludes, with all the intricate bass lines forming the undercurrent to the electric guitars and trumpets... mind boggling. The tabla player might have had tough time. Raaja is clearly inspired by Rock music genre perhaps, in this song. The 2nd interlude says it all. The whole song, though conforming to bhageshree, actually sounds so rebellious, in the arrangements. This is perhaps one of his "Rock" songs, within the confines of light classical mould. Janaki's rendition too is good!

A song, that really deserves a remastering today. This song is so ideal for fusion music instrumentalists - particularly for those who seek to mix rock and indian classical. The rocking quotient, in this song, is infact, a notch more than in a Pani Vizhum Malar Vanam.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_S

Is it possible for you to share your amplified version of that song Pon Vaanile? I liked it!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_S! Wow what a song that "Pon Vaanile" i guess we can call it Western Music Jugalbandhi fusion! Thanks man! Expecting many gems from you!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv