• Scintillating Seventies - Light & Semi-Classical

3 5.00%
  • Scintillating Seventies - Advent of WCM Technical Depth

4 6.67%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Early 80's fusion

30 50.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Mid 80's Auto-Pilot Smooth orhcestration

15 25.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - back to folk in the late 80's(Ramarajan etc)

2 3.33%
  • New Age Nineties - Early 90's classics(Devar Magan, Ejamaan etc)

3 5.00%
  • New Age Nineties - The Malayalam Majesty

1 1.67%
  • Maestro's Magic - 2000's

1 1.67%
Page 199 of 347 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 3468

Thread: Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super songs KV and skr. Naan kaadhalil puthu paadagan. How he magically inserts classical violin to this jazzy delight. Accidently watched the video. If you want to watch the song where one the most popular pair that time, Suresh and Nadiya dancing, (too funny to see those steps now )here it is:

I listened to the playlist you linked. Pavazha Malligai is another gem by MV and Chitra apart from popular title song.

Paadiva thendrale is another guitar delight. Extremely brilliant and rocking guitar. Another P Jayachandran delight.

While watching these songs, it led me to two extremely rare numbers from the film Inimai Idho Idho (1983). RajsMed (youtube) has uploaded these two extremely rare songs video too. Hats off to his passion and dedication!

Vanjikodi Poovaanathu - S Janaki. Rocking guitar and trumpet for pucca folk song. SJ's singing in top gear in drunken mood. What a singing! Could not come of it now!

Allivacha Malligaye - Krishnachandar and P Susheela. Trademark Raja melody!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    'Naan Yerikarai Mel Irundhu' : http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer...8'&lang=en

The more I listen to Swarnalatha, the more my respect for her grows. Superb singer.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skr View Post
    KV Sir,give me your Mail ID..I will send this song..This is a song which completely hypnotised me.
    This song is not available anywhere on the net. FYI this song was discovered by a Raja fan in an 1983 LP record at an old music store in Coimbatore and converted it to MP3.
    does anybody has any info in which LP did this song find a place. Dont think it came in the films original lp.shld have been released later in combo with some other movie. So can somebody shed more light on this.rgds.visu

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vandhaale Allipoo

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure whether they intended or it's the alcohol problem, but I seem to notice for the first time slEdai biz in eLangAththu veesuthE esa pOlappEsuthE of pithA magan.

There are a few terms that were regularly used for dupple meaning by student / bachelor folks that are in this song in inappropriate places

pAvam ShreyA G

I don't care for the male singer anyways who is the most irritating aspect of this song and responsible for making the picturization almost better a rAsA composition for the first time in history!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    I don't care for the male singer anyways who is the most irritating aspect of this song and responsible for making the picturization almost better a rAsA composition for the first time in history!
    ஏன் இப்படி ஒரு எண்ண ஓட்டம்?
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Venkkiram sir,

The youtube seems to have no Shreya voice at all - excellent and triumphs over rAsA, IMO, for the first time in history :

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    நில்லாத வெண்ணிலா நில்லு நில்லு என் காதலி - rare song from prashanth movie aanazhagan. female singer wrongly marked as uma ramanan, while it is Swarnalatha.

what a great miss இன்னும் என்னென்ன புதையல் எல்லாம் இருக்கோ! திறந்து பார்க்க கூடிய கோவில் புதையல் என்றால் அது ராஜாவின் இசை தான்
    Last edited by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar; 15th September 2011 at 05:03 AM.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listened to two super sweet songs from Oru Yaatra Mozhi - Thai Maavin Thanalil and Ponveyile. What a tune and what an orchestration, love them equally, end result - unable to move on to any other song this evening

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    SKV, nillAdha vennila was written about in the IR magical duets thread, lovely song indeed. Swarna, what an expressive, soulful voice, RIP.

Rajkumarc, same pinch! Was listening to OYM couple of days back. The song that haunts me each time in this album is eri thanal kAtril... masterly rendered by the two legends. Each version is magical in its own way - the naturally melancholic tone and inherent soul in Raja's voice versus the coarse tone, raw emotions, impeccable technical control in MSV's rendition; the native tounge adding that extra bit of spice in nailing the 'gna' sounds spot on. All playback singers, two steps back, pay obiesance.