• Scintillating Seventies - Light & Semi-Classical

3 5.00%
  • Scintillating Seventies - Advent of WCM Technical Depth

4 6.67%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Early 80's fusion

30 50.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Mid 80's Auto-Pilot Smooth orhcestration

15 25.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - back to folk in the late 80's(Ramarajan etc)

2 3.33%
  • New Age Nineties - Early 90's classics(Devar Magan, Ejamaan etc)

3 5.00%
  • New Age Nineties - The Malayalam Majesty

1 1.67%
  • Maestro's Magic - 2000's

1 1.67%
Page 162 of 347 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 3468

Thread: Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    True App. Mal 'Friends' was definitely the superior album. Amazing songs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    V_S,

Wow. What a lovely, this song is. Raja in those days did a lot of work in this genre. I did a fairly lengthy blog post about the music of the movie 'Yugandhar', where 'naa paruvam' has drumming and interludes in the similar style. What energy by the orchestra. No wonder all the instrumentalists swear by Raja!!! As usual, while deriving from the rock genre, Raja creates his own genre. I mean, we can never mistake this for a rock song. It is Raja rock
    Thanks Suresh ji. Absolutely it is Raja's rock on two thoughts about it. I am reminded of my recent lecture (as always boring lecture) to one of my friend when we talked about Raja's signature in every song. If you are drawing a line, curve or scribble on a plain white paper and give to an artist and he develops that line into a beautiful painting which we never imagined and finishes up with beautiful colors. You will never know where that line which you had originally drawn. If you take recent scenario, you are giving all basic sketches, structure on how a painting should look, only the artist finishes with different colors. Raja belongs to former and most others belong to latter, this is where Raja's signature comes in.

Also can you please point out the link of your post on Yugandar, eager to read.

Post Thanks / Like
    one of those dance no from the IR-Kamal combo from one of Kamal's 'slam dunk' masala films of the 1980s!

While Kamal's moves are unintentionally clownish, he still manages to be graceful at places - but what caught my attention was the way he 'play acts' playing the acoustic drums towards the end! listen to the sounds of the drums and i could not see a single place where he hits any of the drums at the wrong time ! timed to perfection!

Post Thanks / Like
    V_S,

Here is the link to my post: http://sureshs65music.blogspot.com/2...sed-me-by.html (You would also like to read the comments)

When I wrote the article, there was no link available for the 'naa paruvam' song. Now some mahanubhava has uploaded it. I give the link, thanks to him

The interludes are just outstanding. And the drummer is enjoying himself hugely.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh, that is one of your best posts ever and is a relentless pleasure each time I read it - and I must have revisited it atleast 25 times since you wrote it. As the first comment to the post says - "AhA!anubaichu ezhudhi irukkayyA!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Plum. I really loved the songs and I guess that translated into the post being good. In a way I must thank Raja for this

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_S, awesome pick there in Vaa Naalukku and good writeup! I havent heard this Thamizh version before; have only heard the Telugu version (‘ee vayasunnadi’ or something like that; cant recall the movie name)
    Suresh, Plum – superb discussion on Yugandar songs. With due respect to RDB, Daaste Daageda alone is sufficient to edge out any competition!

Post Thanks / Like
    KV,

'Don' was, surprisingly, by Kalyanji Anandji!!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm an L-board in indhi classics, delved into this section only some months back. Mannikkavum!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Suresh ji. Lovely and wonderful post on Yugandar. Clearly explains how much you love these songs. I am listening to the songs now in loop, especially daaste daageda. Superb composition. Never listened to these songs, except Naa paruvam's tamizh version "Vaalibame Vaa Vaa". Nice analysis and comments by raj. Idula ivvaLo vishayam irukka? Since is picturized, what is your conclusion?

Enjoyed your hilarious comments on NTR, Jayamalini