• Scintillating Seventies - Light & Semi-Classical

3 5.00%
  • Scintillating Seventies - Advent of WCM Technical Depth

4 6.67%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Early 80's fusion

30 50.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Mid 80's Auto-Pilot Smooth orhcestration

15 25.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - back to folk in the late 80's(Ramarajan etc)

2 3.33%
  • New Age Nineties - Early 90's classics(Devar Magan, Ejamaan etc)

3 5.00%
  • New Age Nineties - The Malayalam Majesty

1 1.67%
  • Maestro's Magic - 2000's

1 1.67%
Page 156 of 347 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 3468

Thread: Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info rajkumarc. Let me try hunting to see if I can catch the video online anywhere.
    The song feels straight out of Eera Vizhi Kaaviyangal - the dreamy mood, the silky smooth singing and guitars (the two movies are from the same time period, I see, 82-83).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Thennamarathula thendraladikkudhu (IR, PS) from a 1979 movie 'Lakshmi'.
    Until two days back I didn't know such a song/movie even existed; chanced upon it while lazily browsing Thiraipaadal.
    IR brings in his folk expertise for this lively, springy tune that just keeps bouncing like those little rubber ping-pong balls!
    The marriage of tune to lyrics is superb in this song, not a single word feels jerky or out-of-place.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    KV,
    Thanks for Thenna marathula.

Unmaiyana village Brought up aga irukum Raja Fansku than.. indha paatin interludes (Beautiful Love Expression) miga nanraga rasika mudiyum..........

Rajavin - Guitar -- idharku paithiyam aga arambitha naal.
    Beats - Mayaka arambitha Naatkal..........

Ellavataraiyum vida.. Radio Days.. Mono sound il... Radio station ku sambandham illadha.. oru dhooramana ooril irundhu kondu... oru Trichy RAdio station kum, coimbatore RAdio station kum.. kashta patta naal ... Radio Signal kaga..
    Chennai. Vividh Bharath - iravil.... after 11 p m ku than varum.. adhil indha padathu paatukaga vilambaram...
    konjamaga kaetkum indha paatu ellam.. epadi irukum... enai karpanaiyaiyum, asaiyaiyum adhigam panniya naatkal.....

padal vandhu... kaetkum podhu.. indha Guitar ai - Radio vil kaetka kashta padanam.. Aerial wire ai - oru angle il pidithu kondu nirka vendum.. apodhu dhan indha patin .. indha guitar sound ai kaetka muidyum..

apadi kashta pattu kaetadhal.. kadavul karunai viaithu.. .ipodhu.. indha comp ulagil... Miga Miga nanraga kaeta vaithu irukirar........Thanks to God.

Thanks for the pick KV.
    Usha Sankar

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,
    Well said about Moonam Pakkam songs. Same feelings. Eventhough I have been introduced to IR's Malayalam/Telugu/Kannada songs during my school/college days, I didn't quite acknowledge at that time, which I still repent even today. Only during 90's I started giving myself completely to these language songs and then realised my sin. Kannada and Telugu especially, because some of my senior friends who completed their degree by that time were in Bangalore and Hyderabad and used get all IR's latest Kannada/Telugu songs to our town when they get back. Eventhough I have listened, not given much thought about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    KV, Just like Oram Po, Thenna marathula was very famous during AIR days in 1979/1980. I love that young Raja's voice. A very refreshing folk tune. Usha ji I can completely visualize your post. Aptly said about holding the radio to one side where we get the signal (atleast feeble) to listen to these gems. We used to do for Ilangai vaanoli. My father used to somehow get some station eventhough feeble. I would say he is the biggest radio fan even now (radio would run 24 hours 7 days a week in our home). Enjoyable days!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ushaji, ungal iniya ninaivugalai engaludan pagirndhukondadarkku mikka nanri.
    Like IR's music, your writing has the ability to create the ambience.
    Last edited by KV; 17th May 2011 at 08:02 PM.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Usha chEchi,
    Thank you for taking me back to radio days. I still remember the struggle to listen to the bass guitar sounds (sometimes you can hear them only if you listen to the "rear" side of the valve radio / speakers )

thenna maraththula was possibly the first duet for IR as a singer (definitely his first with PS).

Post Thanks / Like
    V_S, at my place, though the radio was part of our daily life, the story's a bit different. My paati (RIP) used to exercise her monopoly over it (manufactured by 'Bush', lovely build quality). She would rarely allow anyone to lay hands on it, fearing it would 'disturb the setting' of her favorite, daily-dose Chennai vaanoli kacheris, the only time of the day when the radio was supposed to be switched on!
    I would anyway meddle with it every now and then, when she would be away, only to screw up the 'settings' and earn her wrath later!

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely KV! Very Nice to know. We used to have a valve radio which we used to operate, but just like you said, my father has a transistor which only he operates. Same thing happened to valve system, it went off soon (as we operated), but the phillips transistor is still with him. Even when we touch and suppose it slips, you have to see his face He use to treat it like another child (clean it everyday and maintain it excellently), such is the passion they have.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida View Post
    Thanks A LOT Querida Beautiful beautiful song. Unmatched ambience and soul - phaser, bass lines, the tune, the meter.....

And by the way, this is ridiculous, wth! We keep "discovering" song after song from Raaja's filmography and we call ourselves his fans (and we are not fans from last night)! Ethana...
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"