• Scintillating Seventies - Light & Semi-Classical

3 5.00%
  • Scintillating Seventies - Advent of WCM Technical Depth

4 6.67%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Early 80's fusion

30 50.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Mid 80's Auto-Pilot Smooth orhcestration

15 25.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - back to folk in the late 80's(Ramarajan etc)

2 3.33%
  • New Age Nineties - Early 90's classics(Devar Magan, Ejamaan etc)

3 5.00%
  • New Age Nineties - The Malayalam Majesty

1 1.67%
  • Maestro's Magic - 2000's

1 1.67%
Page 153 of 347 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 3468

Thread: Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absoleetly App - kaNNil pArvai and kunnathE are both national award material for the respective singers. Unfortunately, neither got the recognition. I am glad Shreya got for other songs - albeit with less deserving ones possibly. I think the Marathi and Bengali songs were quite good. Devdas, Munnabhai stuff werent that great songs but overall, she deserves 4 awards in 9 years for countless IR songs and Rahman stuff(munbE vAa) which didnt get it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think comparing new singers like Shreya with old singers like P.Susheela and Janaki may not be fair to the older sings The reason is that singers like Shreya get a lot of leeway in the way they sing. They can sing line by line and get the complete song joined together. The older stalwarts did not have this facility and did it in one take. At the same time comparing Shreya with the older stalwarts in not fair to her because she doesn't have the same quality music directors which Lata, Susheela or Janaki had!!! So it is better to leave it at that and say that of the new lot, she is the best. And forget the awards!!! They can never be a criteria in judging the singer.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    I think comparing new singers like Shreya with old singers like P.Susheela and Janaki may not be fair to the older sings The reason is that singers like Shreya get a lot of leeway in the way they sing. They can sing line by line and get the complete song joined together. The older stalwarts did not have this facility and did it in one take. At the same time comparing Shreya with the older stalwarts in not fair to her because she doesn't have the same quality music directors which Lata, Susheela or Janaki had!!! So it is better to leave it at that and say that of the new lot, she is the best. And forget the awards!!! They can never be a criteria in judging the singer.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh, Correct !! I was listening to Idea star singer season 5 where S Janaki came as as a special judge, the first time ever in this episode...She shared very interesting anecdotes about her early career...It was worth watching and good to see how all singers and judges reacted to most of her songs...few episodes from (5th May to 10th May) not to be missed and the respect she commands from all quarters.Listen to the link below from 2,55 t0 10.59...She says she missed an award for this particular kannada song and got for "Senthoora poove"...and amazing that she sang this without being trained in carnatic music!

Post Thanks / Like
    /Dig

RM,

Thanks for the Janaki link. Superb song. Must write about this soon in my blog A very difficult song to sing indeed and she does a great job. And as I had mentioned she had to do it in a single take. Nowadays people can sing each raga alone and then mix and match.
    /End Dig

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AravindMano View Post
    . Got to know about this song from a reality show. Simply Whatay!

Swarnalatha
    Just heard this song...if "Whatay" means captivating then I agree completely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajkumarc View Post
    Listening to two lovely songs from Moonampakkam.

- what a breezy yet smooth flowing tune. Beautiful flute prelude. Love the rendition of KSC and MGSreekumar.

- as soulful as it can get. The picturization is touching and poignant. Who is the singer of this song? Haven't heard any other song of this singer.
    I'm getting goosebumps just listening to "Unarumee gaanam"
    it certainly is a heart-warming and soulful as you said. The kuyil like flute and voices cooing make it light-hearted and the singer's voices first reminded me of a young KJ, a very pleasant voice.

"Thamarakili" it actually has a jazzy beat in the background, something that would be highlighted if this were more of a modern pop song. The piano adds a very light, playful touch.
    Is that IR with the "thana nana naa naa naa" ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine22 View Post
    I would like to highlight one of my fav actor Karthik's movie , Solla Tudikuthu Manasu,
    I hope it's better late then never, but I wanted to say what a pleasure it was to read your comments on STM album, actually you are very right about "Poove Sem Poove" being the most popular pick..I didn't even know that these other songs come from this same album. Thank you for sharing!

When I was a little one I use to sing along to the "Oh!" part in "Enathu Vizhi"...meaning I was pretty much oh'ing a little too early or a little too late and way more than I needed to

I love the flute/violin combo in MV's song, his voice is so cheeky
    I really appreciate Mano's ventures into melodic numbers, he always seems to get them be signature hits
    what readily comes to mind is his intensely addictive "Adho Mega Oorvalam"
    superb use of violin in this number...
    IR is irresistible
    even with a song like this...the bgm is simply exquisite, folk yes but with a hidden treasure of classic in it.
    Last edited by Querida; 13th May 2011 at 10:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Querida,

'unaroomee ganam' is an all time classic. Very touching song. The one more very brief sad version of it which will make you cry. Starts from the charnam and goes something like 'niramaara chaarthi'. The other song 'thamarakili' juts moves me by its beauty, especially in the charanams. I have always stated this: If I were to take away only one part of Raja it will be the Raja in 80s in Malayalam. And these songs will be part of it

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    /Dig

RM,

Thanks for the Janaki link. Superb song. Must write about this soon in my blog A very difficult song to sing indeed and she does a great job. And as I had mentioned she had to do it in a single take. Nowadays people can sing each raga alone and then mix and match.
    /End Dig
    Exactly..and the timing of your post was apt,as I could pull out the proof of evidence,quickly as I had watched this program last day ...Sorry to digress,and back to raja's gems..