• Scintillating Seventies - Light & Semi-Classical

3 5.00%
  • Scintillating Seventies - Advent of WCM Technical Depth

4 6.67%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Early 80's fusion

30 50.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Mid 80's Auto-Pilot Smooth orhcestration

15 25.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - back to folk in the late 80's(Ramarajan etc)

2 3.33%
  • New Age Nineties - Early 90's classics(Devar Magan, Ejamaan etc)

3 5.00%
  • New Age Nineties - The Malayalam Majesty

1 1.67%
  • Maestro's Magic - 2000's

1 1.67%
Page 152 of 347 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 3468

Thread: Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajkumarc View Post
    Listening to two lovely songs from Moonampakkam.

- what a breezy yet smooth flowing tune. Beautiful flute prelude. Love the rendition of KSC and MGSreekumar.

- as soulful as it can get. The picturization is touching and poignant. Who is the singer of this song? Haven't heard any other song of this singer.
    The singer is Venugopal,who bagged state award for this song! He has sung in raja's GURU as well. Listen to Guru sharanam song from that album..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    'bhavani varugira' from Ponnar Shankar. It just shows how far Raja has moved ahead of us !!! What a mix of technology and folk. Added to it, the twisting and turning tune. And added to it Shreya's voice. (Though she is best in 'malarvillile') What a knockout song and all I keep hearing on FM channels are the generic stuff thrown out by every other music director nowadays. Beyond doubt 'Ponnar Shankar' is a knockout album, notwithstanding that it knocks out only the Raja fan
    Yes, a thesis can be written on Bhavani Varugira alone, even after that there will be a lot to uncover. There are many small small things in this song, one which comes to my mind immediately is the pambai(??) which comes for short duration twice during the second interlude. Without that instrument there, sort of creates a big void. Extra-ordinary thinking. This song deserves to be there along with Hey rams and Gurus.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slight digression //
    I agree Shreya is one extremely Talented Singer, but having entered the industry in 2002 and winning 4 National awards within 9 years looks very biased by the selectors! , I mean We have legends singing for 45 years (SPB) and 50 years (KJY) managing only 6 and 7 in 5 decades and here we have singer who just entered the music industry in 2002 and winning 4 national awards in 9 year!!! , any take on this?
    //
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Slight digression //
    I agree Shreya is one extremely Talented Singer, but having entered the industry in 2002 and winning 4 National awards within 9 years looks very biased by the selectors! , I mean We have legends singing for 45 years (SPB) and 50 years (KJY) managing only 6 and 7 in 5 decades and here we have singer who just entered the music industry in 2002 and winning 4 national awards in 9 year!!! , any take on this?
    //
    Shows how bad the competition is today

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Slight digression //
    //
    The judging panel need not be accurate and there are a lot of biased decissions.Some of these legends are beyond all these awards, as they live in hearts of the millions of people...forever and that is the biggest recognition, than these awards..
    Has Mohmd Rafi recieved a national award in his career?How many did Kishorji get?
    So that tells tells us the strory..

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand the intention but Shreya deserves her awards every bit. Competition or no competition, an all time great singer she is. Age and experience need not be the sole determinants. There is only one award every year and it's been given only last 42 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    I understand the intention but Shreya deserves her awards every bit. Competition or no competition, an all time great singer she is. Age and experience need not be the sole determinants. There is only one award every year and it's been given only last 42 years.
    Plum

Neega ninaikira mathiri oru intention um illa, certainly not from me, Even Rafi and KK were not given this much awards!
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Adhukkennanga paNNa mudiyin. Anil Kapoor amitap pachanlAm undeserved sollunga oru nyaayam irukku. Shreya got her awards for excellent singing only. Can't question her awards. And she got for marathi, bengali songs as well. Not exactly always bollywood

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Adhukkennanga paNNa mudiyin. Anil Kapoor amitap pachanlAm undeserved sollunga oru nyaayam irukku. Shreya got her awards for excellent singing only. Can't question her awards. And she got for marathi, bengali songs as well. Not exactly always bollywood
    3 Hindi and 1 Marathi AFAIK , sari IPL pakkam vaanga dilscoop is scooping

Post Thanks / Like
    Shreya's 'kaNNil pArvai' is award worthy material (call it national international anything - it is worthy, though it was thought to be unworthy by the concerned to even keep on screen)

She is right there with PS, SJ & KSC!