• Scintillating Seventies - Light & Semi-Classical

3 5.00%
  • Scintillating Seventies - Advent of WCM Technical Depth

4 6.67%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Early 80's fusion

30 50.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Mid 80's Auto-Pilot Smooth orhcestration

15 25.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - back to folk in the late 80's(Ramarajan etc)

2 3.33%
  • New Age Nineties - Early 90's classics(Devar Magan, Ejamaan etc)

3 5.00%
  • New Age Nineties - The Malayalam Majesty

1 1.67%
  • Maestro's Magic - 2000's

1 1.67%
Page 146 of 347 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3468

Thread: Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/...p?mid=T0002809
    Paadi vaa thendrale is one P.Jayachandran song I remember having heard often in my younger days..
    The story is pretty neat one. Sarath babu plays one of those numerous "Thyaagi doctor" roles in 1980s.
    Happy that I found this one.. Raaga collection of Raaja albums is "impressive".

The second song "Thennang keethum" is a mild erotic song (need to move it to the Bala(Karthig) thread for appropriate discussion).
    which reminds the listener of "Poovai eduththu oru " song from Amman Koil Kizhakkaale. The beauty of the song is primarily from the
    use of mrudangam and Malaysia Vasu's deep vocals. P.Suseela does a Vani Jayaram and is absolutely "head mistress"like.

The rocking song of the album title is reserved for the tribal fun song "aathangarai thoppukkuLe" the wild variety of flutes and rhythm patterns
    are mind boggling. And add the bass with its incessant chatter makes for interesting listening - and offcourse Malaysia and Shailaja T off aptly in this
    song.
    Pretty Awesome album.
    Last edited by jaiganes; 20th April 2011 at 11:41 PM.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was listening to "SMS" songs this morning and felt that a couple of songs could have really made it to the top. The movie bombed and hence the songs went unnoticed.

Bhavatharini singing "Shuba Niyogam" is a sweet melody. Kadapurathu is vintage raja!
    The best song in terms of tune and instrumentals was "Ponathevide" sung by raja himself. The only issue is raja's strained voice in the charanam.Not sure why raja chose to sing this song,though the song has its own good moments........but barring that glitch,,the song is a treat.

http://www.raaga.com/channels/malaya...p?mid=M0002384

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RM,

According to me, 'SMS' (Malayalam) has three songs which I keep listening often. Bhava's "Shubha Niyogam" is a wonderful bhajan type melody. 'povadevide' is an amazing tune and when I saw the picturization of it on some old person, Raja's voice makes sense. Then there is that energetic 'kadaputathoru kadapurathoru'. When you see the picturization of this song, you have no choice but to shed tears.

Still remember our own Rajasaranam, a glutton for punishment, who went to see this movie because of Raja's music and ended up smoking outside the theatre most of the time, according to what he posted here long time back!!!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raj_musing View Post
    Amazing percussions!
    Yes indeed ! That is IR for you
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Folks
    Listen to this SPB's Gem, SPB+Salman Khan = Chartbusters. Now coming to this song, I heard it was an Orginal IR song from some telugu movie, any links to the telugu version of this song pls ?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go Params -
    By the by, to which MD is this indhi freemake credited to? Annu Mallik? Jatin/lalit?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anand Milind

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    RM,

According to me, 'SMS' (Malayalam) has three songs which I keep listening often. Bhava's "Shubha Niyogam" is a wonderful bhajan type melody. 'povadevide' is an amazing tune and when I saw the picturization of it on some old person, Raja's voice makes sense. Then there is that energetic 'kadaputathoru kadapurathoru'. When you see the picturization of this song, you have no choice but to shed tears.

Still remember our own Rajasaranam, a glutton for punishment, who went to see this movie because of Raja's music and ended up smoking outside the theatre most of the time, according to what he posted here long time back!!!
    Suresh,
    Watching that movie is a real punishment But I think the songs had come out really well.
    Ponathevide is a wonderful song (though I have never seen the visuals) and as you said it makes sense if it's an old person...Shuba Niyogam is as good as the above...Bhava had done a fantastic job..
    I have never taken time to listen to this album,but now I feel that if this movie was a bit sensible,the songs should have been another feather in raja's cap...!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    True, RM. That has been the story of Raja's life for the past few years!! Except for Sathyan films and for a 'Paa' or a 'Pazhassi Raja', the movies have been a great letdown. Movies like 'Valmiki', where every single song has been good turned out to be pathetic movies. Same with movies like 'Suryakanthi'. None of them created an impact on the box office.

I am happy you have got to 'SMS' now

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poovar Senni Mannan from Thiruvasagam.

a very powerful song indeed