• Scintillating Seventies - Light & Semi-Classical

3 5.00%
  • Scintillating Seventies - Advent of WCM Technical Depth

4 6.67%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Early 80's fusion

30 50.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Mid 80's Auto-Pilot Smooth orhcestration

15 25.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - back to folk in the late 80's(Ramarajan etc)

2 3.33%
  • New Age Nineties - Early 90's classics(Devar Magan, Ejamaan etc)

3 5.00%
  • New Age Nineties - The Malayalam Majesty

1 1.67%
  • Maestro's Magic - 2000's

1 1.67%
Page 100 of 347 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 3468

Thread: Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listening to 'Preminchi Pelladu' songs. Superb ones. "vayyari goadaramma" takes you to the Godavari region, as Plum always claims. Then we have 'E chaitra veena', 'aade paade pillalam' , 'gopemma chetelo'. And of course the outstanding 'nirantaramu vasanthamule' Whatay whatay whatay lovely song it is. The violins, the tune, everything. Unforgettable stuff.

Enjoy it here:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nirantharamu is indeed a masterpiece Suresh...Equally good one from Akhari porattam is "thella cheerakku" sung by Lataji and SPB. The tune is so magical that I hum this quiet often..

Post Thanks / Like
    Oru Kaaviyam Arangerum Neram from Aruvadai Naal sung by IR. It just made me stop whatever work I was doing, come to Hub and write about it.

What a soulful and at the same time soothing rendition by IR. The interludes are mesmerizing, IR's usage of veenai is always special to me. I like that percussion instrument that accompanies veenai for a brief moment. In the second interlude veenai gets replaced with Guitar and a heavenly chorus section. Man, how much creativity in those two interludes. I have to listen to the song 10 times atleast to write this as there are too many good things to savour in this song.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful song.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh… lovely pick there in ‘Preminchi Pelladu’. The master, as always, deconstructs the local setting, takes its DNA, weaves his signature strands along with it and creates an ingenious species, that would still retain the flavour of the original genre/mileu. And as with many of his other Telugu albums, this one also wholly features the lethal Balu+Janaki combo. To add to their deadly skills and magical rapport, there’s also the home pitch advantage here! What else can it result in other than a homerun!
    My pick from the album, for now, is Gopemma Chethulo. From an uber funky groove in the pallavi(which is driven by his trademark Mrudangam/Tabla chops), he transforms it into a delicate, silken charanam, that kinda follows a Q&A style between the two singers. Lovely!

The song that’s playing in my head as I write this is ‘yevevo kalalu’ from Jwala. This song re-iterates IR’s stand on the importance of the ‘emotions’ (er… peelings’mbangale) conveyed by a song and how it has to weigh over the display of technicality/wizardry in it. Those masterly syncopations, minute sangathis, etc he throws in, but envelopes it all within the element of ‘emotions’, that stands as the soul of the song. Another textbook demo on how a soulful song can be composed and made to be sung.

Rajkumarc... with you on that gem, Oru Kaviyam. ShAstAnga namaskaram to IR! (er.. does Surya have a patent on this?)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a debut! Beautiful first post, excellent write-up, Welcome KV to the hub!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful description KV.

Listening to the songs from 'Chettukinda Pleader" Again some superb numbers. Especially 'alli billi kalala raave'. The songs from these two films have been running in my car continuously for the past two days.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    What a debut! Beautiful first post, excellent write-up, Welcome KV to the hub!
    +1

ஆனா, எனக்கு அவர் பாஷையைப்பாக்கும் போது ரொம்ப நாளா இங்க இருக்கவர் மாதிரித்தோணுது

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh, VS, A_E.. nandri hai! (anjathey; logu to daya: “yengyo pisiru adikkidhu”)
    For someone who has been actively passive-hubbing (watching from outside) for more than a couple of years, I guess its but natural to pick up some traits from the only-hub-fossible lingo!

Currently listening to Kurangu Arattai (Monkey Chatter) from Mumbai Xpress. One of the peaks of IR’s post 2000 work; hell, I’d even go further and say it’s his best in this time period. In what he would make appear like simple ‘cartoonish’ music, the multiple layers he creates is quite baffling. Inter-weaving WCM & Jazz elements, incorporating scale changes, changing rhythm patterns; this one is, to me, a standout composition; a ‘never before, never after’ piece. The drumming is top notch, comprising of many interesting and at times, pretty perplexing, patterns. And if that wouldn’t suffice, the song shifts from aadi talam mid-way, goes to misra (7/8) and returns to aadi, that too with such subtlety, that its quite easy to miss the change in rhythm. Masterstroke!
    (There are only two other songs I can think of where he conjures up similar stuff, straddling between varying thalams and nadais: Polla vinayen from Thiruvasagam and Aruna Kirana from Guru. Monstrosity I say!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    Suresh, VS, A_E.. nandri hai! (anjathey; logu to daya: “yengyo pisiru adikkidhu”)
    For someone who has been actively passive-hubbing (watching from outside) for more than a couple of years, I guess its but natural to pick up some traits from the only-hub-fossible lingo!

Currently listening to Kurangu Arattai (Monkey Chatter) from Mumbai Xpress. One of the peaks of IR’s post 2000 work; hell, I’d even go further and say it’s his best in this time period. In what he would make appear like simple ‘cartoonish’ music, the multiple layers he creates is quite baffling. Inter-weaving WCM & Jazz elements, incorporating scale changes, changing rhythm patterns; this one is, to me, a standout composition; a ‘never before, never after’ piece. The drumming is top notch, comprising of many interesting and at times, pretty perplexing, patterns. And if that wouldn’t suffice, the song shifts from aadi talam mid-way, goes to misra (7/8) and returns to aadi, that too with such subtlety, that its quite easy to miss the change in rhythm. Masterstroke!
    (There are only two other songs I can think of where he conjures up similar stuff, straddling between varying thalams and nadais: Polla vinayen from Thiruvasagam and Aruna Kirana from Guru. Monstrosity I say!)
    yeah, love that piece!

Post Thanks / Like
    app,

+1. Same blood. The language is that of a veteran. Whether he was actively involved here earlier or has a blog of his own I do not know, but KV's writings are as good as music in K Vishwanath's films. So lets ask KV to keep them coming