Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Mrs. Mano's Tamilnadu Delicacies - Part 3

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Priyasri!

Thanks a lot for the nice feedback! Here is the recipe for ‘Mixture’. You can view my recipes of forum hub in the following link.
    http://manosdelicacies.blogspot.com/
    Other than these, you can view my recipes in my blog;
    http://manoskitchen.blogspot.com/
    here I am posting the recipe of MIXTURE for you!

மிக்ஸர்:

Ingredients needed:

Bengal gram- 50 gm
    Dry peas- 50 gms
    Whole green gram- 50 gm
    Curry leaves-a handful
    Cashew nuts- 50 gms
    Peanuts- 50 gm
    Rice flakes- 50 gms
    Gram dal- 50 gm
    Cornflakes- 1 cup
    Rice flour- 4 cups
    Gram flour-2 cups
    Salt to taste
    Chilli powder- 1 tsp
    Hing powder- half sp
    Butter- 1 tbsp
    Red chillies-5
    Asafetida- a small piece
    Enough oil to deep fry

Procedure:

Soak the dry peas, whole green gram and chick peas for 12 hours in lots of water.
    Soak the Bengal gram for an hour.
    Drain the water and let them dry completely on a clean cloth in a cool place.
    Mix the gram flour, rice flour, salt, chilli powder and butter with enough water to make smooth dough.
    Divide the dough in to three portions.
    With one portion, prepare omappodi with the omappodi mould loaded in a murukku press.
    With the second portion, prepare kaaraaboonthi with the kaaraaboondhi mould loaded in the murukku press.
    With the third portion, prepare ribbon pakoda with the ribbon pakoda mould loaded in the murukku press.
    In a small pan, pour a few drops of oil and fry the asafoedita piece separately to golden brown and take it away.
    In the same oil, fry the red chillies with a few curry leaves slightly and take them away.
    When cooled, powder them coarsely.
    In the same pan, fry the gram dal slightly and take them away.
    Heat a big pan and pour enough oil to deep fry.
    Fry all the green gram, chick peas and peas little by little to crisp and take them away.
    Drain the extra oil by keeping them on a paper kitchen towel.
    Next, fry the cashew, peanut, corn flakes and the rice flakes and immediately take them away and keep them on the kitchen towel.
    Fry the curry leaves in the hot oil and let them dry in the paper towel.
    Crush the omappodi and the ribbon pakoda in to small pieces.
    Place every thing in a big plate.
    Sprinkle the powder with a little salt on it.
    Mix well and serve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mrs.Mano...I did omapodi alone from a older recipe of yours.. and it came out well.. aana konjam enna kudicha madri irunduchu.. what may have gone wrong madam.. I will try mixture and let you know..

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Priyasri!

Thanks a lot for the nice feedback on omappodi. The fire might be low and it should have caused the omappodi oily. Otherwise if we add more butter in the dough, it will be oily.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs. Mano,

Hope that you are doing well. It has been a long time since I last wrote on this thread. This was due to the fact that we moved from India to the US, and it has taken us a while to settle down

But I have been visiting your blogs to look up old favourite items, but haven't tried any new recipes... Yet! But this Ganesh Chaturthi, I followed you method for the coconut and til pooranams, as well as making the flour. Needless to say, both pooranams were really tasty, and much appreciated by all. The atta was also very easy to knead and shape. The only issue I had was that the kozhakattais became a bit hard within a few minutes of being steamed. I was wondering what I needed to do to fix that.

I would really appreciate your inputs, and looking forward to trying a few new recipes soon

Thanks,
    Thattai

PS: I made your coconut curry leaves chutney, and it was a BIG hit with my daughter, she was practically lapping up the chutney! So tx again for the yum recipe!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Thattai!

Hope you would have settled in US.

Thanks a lot for the feedback on coconut curry leaves chutney! Your daughter's feedback is very precious to me always!
    Regarding kuzukkattai, maavu pacharisi is always available in the shops. That is very good for making kozukkattai. soak it for an hour, drain the water completely and dry it on a white cloth in a shady place for some time to remove the extra wetness. Then pound it to a fine powder. Steam it for 10 minutes in a cloth tightly tied. when cooled sieve it twice. Your kozukkattai maavu is ready now. This you can keep in storage for at least two years!! when preparing kozukkattai, knead the flour smoothly with hot water and salt. In this way, the kozukkattai will be always soft!! Hope this tip would be helpful!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thattai View Post
    Dear Mrs. Mano,

Hope that you are doing well. It has been a long time since I last wrote on this thread. This was due to the fact that we moved from India to the US, and it has taken us a while to settle down

But I have been visiting your blogs to look up old favourite items, but haven't tried any new recipes... Yet! But this Ganesh Chaturthi, I followed you method for the coconut and til pooranams, as well as making the flour. Needless to say, both pooranams were really tasty, and much appreciated by all. The atta was also very easy to knead and shape. The only issue I had was that the kozhakattais became a bit hard within a few minutes of being steamed. I was wondering what I needed to do to fix that.

I would really appreciate your inputs, and looking forward to trying a few new recipes soon

Thanks,
    Thattai

PS: I made your coconut curry leaves chutney, and it was a BIG hit with my daughter, she was practically lapping up the chutney! So tx again for the yum recipe!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs. Mano,

Thanks for the feedback on the maavu. Actually, I made it by the same method, but in spite of that I found that the prepared kuzhakattais turned hardish within minutes of being made. I used boiling water, should I have just used hot water instead? Would that have been better?

Thanks,

Preeti

Senior Member Veteran Hubber suvai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello nga mrs mano..hope all is well..

onga kootu with mochai was a super hit....but i tried it with bottle gourd....abharamaana taste nga thank u for another good recipe...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Mano View Post
    Dear Nithishri!

Thanks a lot for the nice feedback on my crab soup!
    Mrs Mano, I should thankk you even more
    After seeing your Carb soup recipe, I developed interest in Crab and tried making varities in Crab and got praises from my family members including Paatima.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs. Mano,

I made the tomato egg drop soup today. It was very easy to make and quite delicious thanks for posting it.

Preeti

PS: I wanted to let you know that the remaining kozhakattai atta had fungus in it when I wanted to make another batch. So please tell me what I could have done wrong. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone show me the page to find this coconut curry leaves chutney?
    Thanks.

Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast