Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: The importance of being one Muthiah "Magic" Murali

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    MC

Goodone
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Cop
    Very sorry for being extremely judgemental here.
    No praablam.

1. How do you rate him just as a spinner?
    To answer out of turn, to me it is inseparable from his action.

3. Even assuming that his action is not legitimate, how blatant/atrociously out of whack it is in a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the most atrocious/blatant), that you can't ignore this even for his exceptional spinning abilities (in case if you agree that he does have exceptional abilities)?
    The question does not arise MC. You can't divorce his 'exceptional spinning abilities' from that action of his
    i cant see a murali beyond that action on the cricket field.....and yes, we have accepted him - big yes, even some of you who want him to fail against mumbai indians - well, i do want him to succeed for CSK always......

Senior Member Senior Hubber Movie Cop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. How do you rate him just as a spinner?
    To answer out of turn, to me it is inseparable from his action.
    3. Even assuming that his action is not legitimate, how blatant/atrociously out of whack it is in a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the most atrocious/blatant), that you can't ignore this even for his exceptional spinning abilities (in case if you agree that he does have exceptional abilities)?
    The question does not arise MC.
    You can't divorce his 'exceptional spinning abilities' from that action of his.

As a kid I used to hate him. But later understood that he is just a part of the system.

With the system as a given, he has indeed out of the way to prove himself as the team demands. Some of you find this itself convincing enough and his action per se is a moot point.

I can't quite see it that way.
    PR,
    I was kind of able to get your stance w.r.t. Murali, based on some of your older posts in this thread. But this post helped to confirm my understanding on your take on Murali controversy.

Was primarily curious about the reason for Maddy's downright rejection of Murali. Seems like he also takes a similar "Hair/Emerson" stance like you.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't notice. AdhAvadhu 10 vaasula feeyaar cricket rules ellAm karaichu kudichu expertA irundhappO he felt discomfort about murali's action? Nenachen. This confirms to me that opposition to murali is not basedon expert understanding of cricket rules but a 10 year old's perspective based on feeling and a bias rather than strict cricketing sense. In some cases, unlike feeyaar, adults thought lile a 10 year old w.r.t murali and developed hatred and antagonism. Adhukkappuram arguments are being retrofitted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,

one kostin....sorry if the argument has gone miles ahead

if you say hair's decission / englishmen who are against murali's action are motivated by other factors..

then I dont think you can say " accept the rules" - because the rules are made by the same "vellakarans" right?
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    I didn't notice. AdhAvadhu 10 vaasula feeyaar cricket rules ellAm karaichu kudichu expertA irundhappO he felt discomfort about murali's action?
    Neenga yEn apd pakureenga..

adhu sirusarukka solloo .... endha vidha motivation biasum illadhirukka solla urucha kozhi.... appayum he thought his action was controversial

perusaruka solloo. cricket pathi nalla therinjapuram..actiona uruchi paakum podhum pr ku apdithan thonirukku
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Senior Member Senior Hubber Movie Cop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I clearly remember the '95 test when he got called. I was thoroughly elated. It felt like having my personal discomfort validated officially. I was in my cousin's place then in Vizag (Xmas vacation) and started clapping loudly.

IIRC it was in the ODI series after that in January that Ranatunga made a big drama walking the team off the field. I was back home then and I had a heated argument with a friend- who was supporting Ranatunga for being 'brave', 'giving it back to the Aussies' etc. anRu sila iLa naTpugaLil virisal vizhundhadhu

Btw Dude,
    One small correction. Ranatunga walking off the field etc. etc. ellam 3 yrs later ('98 - '99) tour, that is. During '95 tour, the moment Hair no-balled Murali for throwing, Murali was promptly sent back to SL and he took no further part in the rest of the series.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    I didn't notice. AdhAvadhu 10 vaasula feeyaar cricket rules ellAm karaichu kudichu expertA irundhappO he felt discomfort about murali's action? Nenachen. This confirms to me that opposition to murali is not basedon expert understanding of cricket rules but a 10 year old's perspective based on feeling and a bias rather than strict cricketing sense. In some cases, unlike feeyaar, adults thought lile a 10 year old w.r.t murali and developed hatred and antagonism. Adhukkappuram arguments are being retrofitted.
    jachin kooda dhaan enakku paththu vayasulayE pudikkin. adhaiyum unselect paNNirungaLEn.

ippidi paarunga: paththu vayasu paiyyan, who has no political compulsions, politeness considerations etc. is closer to the truth than adults whose judgments are clouded on these counts.

KoNdaikAran: neeru konjam yOsichu paarum
    MaNdaikAran: yOsichu paarthuttEn....panjAyathu nadandhE theerum
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Btw Dude,
    One small correction. Ranatunga walking off the field etc. etc. ellam 3 yrs later ('98 - '99) tour, that is. During '95 tour, the moment Hair no-balled Murali for throwing, Murali was promptly sent back to SL and he took no further part in the rest of the series.
    Ah yeah. This was in Jan '98 right?
    By then they were the waeld cup winning team. So matter over.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pandavar Vs Kauravar sandai ennaum mudiyalaiya
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast