Page 211 of 400 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    #187 நம்ம சிங்காரி சரக்கு நல்ல சரக்கு
    (காக்கிச்சட்டை, 1985 )

One of those 100's of dappAnguththu songs that could have possibly taken only a few minutes for IR to compose the mettu. The mettu also gets played out in shenoy in the end. Free usage of shenoy here and there as is the norm with rAsA for such numbers. People still care about this song only because it had Kamal on screen, IMO. Or, may be because SPB gave a lot of extra embellishments ( the way he says kickku -pause -enakku in the middle of the song is fantastic).

Never a personal favourite, despite my awe for the way SPB has delivered this number. Absolutely hated the scene when watching the movie (and never want to revisit on youtube or anywhere).

However, no questions on the hit status of the song - heard everywhere in TN during its time. So, finds a place in this listing exercise. Also, reduces my burden of writing a lot about a song (and a big help today with some work pressure )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, Vikram repeated this scene after 2 decades in Samy.

No wonder because Samy is a Hari movie / Kavidhalaya production.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Krishna Devaraya of Vijayanagara Empire appointed Viswanatha Nayaka as Madurai viceroy.

Viswanathan , just like The Great Krishna Devarayar, a great national statesman, App_eng.

He is very loyal to kingdom and he sacrificed his personal life for the welfare of the kingdom.

தன்னோட love & dedication for kingdom 's welfare , தன்னோட தந்தையை - நாகம நாயக்கரை சிறை இட்டு வந்தவர்.

சாளுவ நரசிம்மர் பதவி ஆசையால் தன்னோட தந்தை நாகம நாயக்கரை use பண்ணினவரின் சூழ்ச்சிப் plans defeat பண்ணினார்.

Viswanatha Pandiyar built the தெப்பக்குளம் , Rock fort temple சுற்றி இருக்கற மதில் சுவர் etc..

That entrance was named as Main guard Gate when British ruled us.

mmm.. now you are in love with viswanathan too?

நிச்சயமா handsome ஆ இருந்து இருப்பா .. அகத்தின் அழகு முகத்தில் தெரியும்!

லக்ஷ்மி, வினதா என்று இன்னும் எத்தனைப் பெண்களின் மனதை கவர்ந்து இருக்காரோ with his honesty, gentleness, loyalty, bravery, able governance!

vinatha
    Last edited by baroque; 26th October 2011 at 01:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will return back tonight to treat myself with this thread 's நாயகன்'s partnership with இளையராஜா , another prominent தெலுங்கு fellow , dazzling in தமிழ் & beyond forever!

thanks, app_eng

vinatha.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Correct song selection for Deepavali. Tamil newspapers claiming record sale at TASMAC for this Deepavali.

Happy Deepavali for the great IR-SPB thread lead and his fans!!

Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi, baroque, for the write-up!

genesis,

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    baroque/vinatha, thanks for the history lesson. Wasn't there a small ice-cream shop by name Michaels's around that area ? First time I ever saw an ice-cream scoop with spring-action release. Rode in the pillion of my cousin brother's Lambretta scooter from ponmalai railway quarters to malaikkottai as a kid during my summer vacations (very hot, not the right place) to my periamma's place in trichy.

Post Thanks / Like
    #188 பூப்போட்ட தாவணி
    (காக்கிச்சட்டை, 1985 , ஜானகியுடன்)

With a terrific trumpet / chorus / synthetic sounds prelude, this song was instantly catchy when arrived. It was full of thuLLal music, with IR working extra time IMO to pack a number of extra tricks that he always did for his munagal songs. Ofcourse the singer pair made things a lot easier for him (I can't imagine how IR would've LOL'ed at the console when Mano / KSC "sang" sivarAththiri. That MMKR number called for MV or SPB with SJ. The Mr Prayer & Miss Serious combo made it extremely funny sounding, despite the kiLu-kiLu music that IR built for that).

The fact that no Silukku or equivalent got used for dAvaNi gave the song some extra "this thing" at the time of arrival. There was hostel talk that Madhavi was brought-in to do things similar to what she did with Chiranjeevi in a Telugu movie called "kaidi". Some "milk relation" stuff in dance form, it seems, like what she does with Kamal here. I don't think Kamal had any "censor-kodumai" during this time period

BTW, I didn't get a chance to view that kaidi movie. Actually, I never had a chance to view any Chiranjeevi Telugu movie so far. Have no plans either, after watching two Thamizh movies of him - 47 days & rANuva veeran (both in college audi). Those were enough.

Hmmm, thinking of Telugu movies, the total number of Telugu direct / dubbed movies I've ever watched are only 6 Sankarabaranam & Meghasandesam - both direct, classics! Sankarabaranam in college audi, thoroughly impressed. Meghasandesam in the Allwyn fridge factory guest house @ Nandalur near Kadappa - and was simply blown away. Classmates on DVD recently, bought it thinking that it was a Malayalam movie but found to be Telugu when played...continued watching. It was ok with a lot of FF.

Except Meghasandesam, no movie did I watch during any of my many trips to Telungu desam. Kannada film experience is even worse, watched only one movie despite 100's of trips to Bangalore. That one too, was by mistake - thinking that it was some other English movie and realized only after it was screened. Couldn't tolerate after half-hour or so and walked out.

Two of the dubbing ones are not difficult to guess - Kamal / IR / KV stuff, one of which we've already discussed in this thread and the other one should come soon. The third one was MR / IR stuff with the 'ever-unhappy-looking' hubby of Amala on screen. How come many such beautiful / talented / top-notch / popular / successful / rich actresses end up as "chinna veedu"s - Savithri, Sridevi, Jayapradha, Hemamalini, Amala for e.g - mystery of Indian film world.

Obviously the most popular / talked about song of this movie at the hostel.
    Last edited by app_engine; 27th October 2011 at 12:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh.. thanks Kiru. veyilaavadhu, mazhai aavadhu... We love that place.

My father worked at Golden Rock, The South Indian Railways, Trichy.

ரயில்வே family passes உண்டு, முன்னாடியே cottage எல்லாம் புக் பண்ணி, எங்கப்பா எங்களை எல்லா இடத்துக்கும் அழைச்சுண்டு போவா!

Good App-eng continues,

though I am stuck in the

rise and fall melody of Vaanile thenilaa.... with strings exuberance, humming & bass guitar, prelude jazzy keys.. forever!
    Wow, What a joy!

80s Ilayaraja I am digging this visual- IR's photo for his songs!

thanks, App_eng... You are THE BEST host ever at tfmpage!
    vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 27th October 2011 at 02:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kiru View Post
    Wasn't there a small ice-cream shop by name Michaels's around that area ?
    Yes, ofcourse, near the Teppakkulam post office on WB road ...when we students were low on funds, switched to Michaels (instead of Sea Kings) Their vanillA was so inexpensive but one should be prepared for ice pellets