Page 69 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajkumarc View Post
    Did SPB lend his voice to Swing Swing in Moodupani? That was one heck of a rock n roll.
    It was probably Kalyan alone...no SPB in moodupani I think.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    காளி...WILL VISIT THE ஆல்பம் TONIGHT ..தேங்க்ஸ்.

அடி ஆடு பூங்கொடியே......... vintage wine from காளி..I have the treasure in an INRECO -BEST OF இளையராஜா காஸ்செட்டே ALONG WITH SOME OF THE EARLY இளையராஜா'ச இசை அமுதங்கள் LIKE மழை வருவது...,இளங்கிளியே..... ETC
    எவ்வளவு நாள் உழைச்சுடுத்து. I KEEP THE COLLECTIONS CLOSER TO MY HEART

தித்திக்கும் ... பேபி shake it பேபி....Rock composition

vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 7th June 2011 at 02:04 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque View Post
    அடி ஆடு பூங்கொடியே......... vintage wine from காளி
    Haunting in the movie. Oru murai keettal, it'd loop in my head the whole day.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks App for clarifying. Rocking start to the 80s. Shabba... ippave kanna kattudhe

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App, Shake it baby!. Very different and unheard song at that time. This was the time when I was in 5th/6th grade where I started knowing more about IR through my elder friends and classmates. Very true about getting filler songs at that time, now I remember after reading your post. You remember everything We usually give him atleast one or two songs extra sometimes or tell him to choose his own songs sometimes where we used to get these kind of songs you mentioned.

Great going App

Regarding 'Adi Aadu Poonkodiye' eventhough I know it's Rajini song, some how I always associate this song to NT, don't know why. I still visualize NT's acting for this song. May be MV sang like that, but it's a pleasant feeling and that's why I never watched this song.
    Last edited by V_S; 7th June 2011 at 08:50 AM.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    App, very enjoyable mix of nostalgia, personal experience recall and the songs themselves. I enjoy this even more than pure technical dissections. Pusthavam pOttu vithurunga nallA vikkum
    Yes App. That's what I was also thinking. Sometime back I read a book called "Monsoon Diary: A Memoir with Recipes" by Shoba Narayan. It is part autobiography, part cook book. Her life in Coimbatore (Toddler), Chennai (school days), Kerala (Grand Parents) and US (College) has been captured very beautifully with bunch of recipes (mostly south Indian). You can take that template and replace food with IR's music you have a great book in your hand. (Idea: You can include a CD with book).

I promise to buy the first copy.
    Last edited by genesis; 7th June 2011 at 10:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    kALi is one of the quieter, not-a-monstrous-hit, but pleasant and nicer albums during the early 80s. One of the early deal clinchers in terms of Rajini fandom. Rajini has a way with children, especially when they arent his screen-children(not many of them, aint it?). He really brings up that detached attachment you have towards children of people close to you as a bachelor very well.
    Even in Anbulla Rajinikanth, the detached affection towards Meena, wherein you can see that there is no obvious blood-related passion and intense affection but more of a polite but endearing love towards a (supposedly) endearing alien child.

Ofcourse, there is that mottai working in the background subtly tweaking his guitar strings to catch you unguarded in that soft spot in your heart and making you imagine all this.

Adi Adu PoongodiyE - a masterpiece in Uncle-Kids relationship caught in Celluloid and Tape, and now, digital media. One of its kind perhaps - I dont count that Nagesh-Manimala ditty

Post Thanks / Like
    Rajini/kids. Vaa Vaa Vasanthame. Good points, Plum.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    And it is quite interesting that most of his songs with kids on screen are with kids of otehr characters. Can you recall any screen song with his own on-screen kids?

Post Thanks / Like
    Brothers song, Dharma Durai, after beating the crap out of them, a followup of Padikathavan, after beating the crap out of Lakshmi.
    Mother = kinggu.
    Father...nope. Kids, unless you count Annamalai, but that also after slapping her. Nallavanukku Nallavan, yes, but after the kid breaks their heart.

Someone should do a psychoanalysis on him.