Page 397 of 400 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    I liked Susheela's singing.. yarukkum pidikkalaya
    good choice for this one, rather than usual janaki..
    naan than irukkEnla...
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    As for blaming IR for this: shanmugasundaram in Kizhakku Vaasal after slapping kushboo's mother for Kushboo's indiscretions: "unnai epdimA nAn adippEn? Eppddi adippEn"(naa thazhu thazhuththal)
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajkumar - varuga varuga, good choice . Ungal mano premaiyai(or indifference) madhikkaROm. Aadharavukku nandri. Mano pErai solli rendu SPB pAttukku naduvula theevira saNdai undAkkinAn pArunga - angE dhAn nikkaRAn thamizhan

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    There's a duet in CPN (SPB-SJ - starts 'mayilAdum') but not very familiar to me (may not be a hit song)...so, skip.
    Vanmaiyaga kandikiren..this is the top number in CPN and hit too..(can say average hit). you can give anything to SPB they way he rendered this song. equivalent to muthumani of CG not less than that.
    Music Unities Everyone

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mano - mannikka mudiyAdha karumbuLLi in IR's career
    Grave mistake by IR

The man has what I call the tongue-tied problem - I have the same problem. adhAvadhu, nAkku nEELAdhu.(Tied to inner mouth). idhanAla, sila vArthaigaL theLivA ucharikka mudiyAdhu. Manokku andha medical condition irukkA illaiyA theriyalai - but andha symptoms mattum theLviA irukku.
    yes I have noticed that, may be that is why his voice sounds bad, if that is medical condition then I do feel sorry for him. When I spoke to him(while he was in London) his speech was not crystal clear!

FAramu, ivLO menaketturukkEn, innoru id create paNNi innoru vote pottudunga
    ullEn aiya
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 19th April 2012 at 07:21 PM.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    konjam imagine paNNi pArthEn(kEttEn) - Ghantasala singing "iLamai idhO idhO"...
    Imgaine "edaku mudakana saraku (Kalaignan), arE Oranga sree lanka (SG)" In Ghantasla style/Voice
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Ingga Mano fan yAru? I think that SPB is the greatest ever, far greater than even the great TMS. But Mano was harmless, compared to, say, Hariharan who's blandness in non-ARR songs are stuff of the legend. Even HH/IR, I can't listen to. If Mano/IR song were terrible, blame IR for not whipping Mano for doing a terrible job and abandoning him for some other second grades. But that's for you guys, most of us are very happy with those songs, as, I believe, the maestro himself. Go suck citrus fruit of your choice
    GaryHaran is a pain as well under IR , he is only good for ARR, But at least he does not try and imitate any one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mano is the supreme leader of this gang.
    Very true, dont forget Arunmozhi and to some extent Beejay's uncle as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    jaiganes & Devaraagam,

poRuththaruLka

From the time I listened to this number yesterday, the song keeps playing in my head and I should say, quite addictive! By not posting about this, I don't mean to take anything away from the greatness of the song!

From the beginning, I'm guided by some ground-rules for this project. Rather, "definitions to classify a song as hit". As we all know, things can get very subjective in the case of some songs, while certain others are unquestionably big hits.

So, my simple rules to qualify a hit were like this :

a) Songs that need no reference or that automatically play in mind when I read the title get included (e.g. 'iLamai idhO idhO' of SKV)

b) Movies / songs that are listed in thiraippAdal / rAkkammA but do not sound familiar should be given JUST ONE LISTEN. And if the song sounds very familiar / plays back from memory etc, it gets included (this is my own way of qualifying a "hit"...e.g. 'manjappodi thEykkayilE' of sheNbagamE sheNbagamE)

It's true that my familiarity is excellent between 76-86 but progressively decays in later part of 80's (Palakkad effect). It becomes drastic in the 90's (kudumbappoRuppu effect).

Which is why there'll be an "app-missed-list" that will be posted about after I end this series, which will possibly happen by end of May.

So, I'm trying to be responsible and sticking to the project guidelines.

There'll always be "post-launch-enhancements" Already, A_S is tracking the missed ones. In addition, I'll be e-mailing an excel sheet of the list already posted, possibly with embedded links, at the end of the series. That'll be available to any-who-asks-for. That way, it'll be easier to add more hits.

In addition, we'll have ongoing special posts from V_Sji (on both posted ones and possibly the missed ones)

So, my serial numbering is not the end of the world

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    to some extent Beejay's uncle as well!
    pAvam, avaraiyellAm En thittuReenga?

He possibly sang a max of 10 songs or so under IR in the whole career but made a living by dubbing for Mohan for all his silver jubilee hits! Movies that perhaps had the biggest hits of SPB in the early 80's.

Even some of those numbers possibly got into the cassette by SPB telling rAsA 'dEi, indha track singing arumaiyA irukku - pAvam, appadiyE vitRalAm' (This is my guess, for the 'dEvan kOyil deepam onRu' song...however, I hardly hear the SNS version as SJ's version thoroughly killed the male one).