Page 396 of 400 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    #351 இங்கே மானமுள்ள பொண்ணு ஒன்ன
    (சின்னப்பசங்க நாங்க, 1992)

'ingE mAnamuLLa poNNu onna' from chinnappasanga nAnga

Another 'heard-in-buses-only' song, a pathos by SPB for which a happy SJ solo counterpart is available on the album as well ("enna mAnamuLLa poNNu ennu marudhaiyila kEttAha"). Sweet folk melody and hence automatically enjoyable number for me. Other standard IR ingradients are present as well. SPB provides measured emotions and does a decent job. (I generally love IR-SPB folksy pathos numbers - they never go overboard but achieve thoNdai adaikkal on most cases).

Googling tells me that the movie had Murali & Revathy and one Raj Kapoor as director. Other than that, no facts & figures can be ascertained for the movie as I dont have any memory associated with it except the songs that got played frequently during bus trips. I must add that the SJ number was possibly more popular than the SPB one, as I recollect hearing that more often...
    Last edited by app_engine; 19th April 2012 at 12:01 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi Param & HR, for the votes

rAjAthi rAjA's thanthrams - 2.5 (N, jg, A)
    muthu maNi mAlai - 4 (B(K),v,_E,V_,HR)
    sAmi kitta - 3.5 (P,g,Sji,Param)

Still muthu maNi mAlai leading

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My vote for #366 is Sami Kitta. Completely floored by the beautiful orchestration, SPB/SJ's rendition and of course Annan's expressions

Plum/Param - This vote is not because I hate Mano's singing to the core . I'm taking the line of V_S, Venki here as I do like some of Mano - IR songs, not just because of Mano's singing but the overall quality in song - tune, orchestration etc. I really don't mind his voice but do wish SPB had sung some of his songs.
    Last edited by rajkumarc; 19th April 2012 at 01:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    rajkumarc

appO neenga groucho katchi

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a duet in CPN (SPB-SJ - starts 'mayilAdum') but not very familiar to me (may not be a hit song)...so, skip.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Grouch, aNNan is the villian in aavaaram poo. Plis. to watch the youtube of the song for aNNan's reactions to the couple's romaans (check the top comment on this video too)
    aNNan reaction = priceless. Thanks man. And vineeth

By the by, what happened to that girl
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ingga Mano fan yAru? I think that SPB is the greatest ever, far greater than even the great TMS. But Mano was harmless, compared to, say, Hariharan who's blandness in non-ARR songs are stuff of the legend. Even HH/IR, I can't listen to. If Mano/IR song were terrible, blame IR for not whipping Mano for doing a terrible job and abandoning him for some other second grades. But that's for you guys, most of us are very happy with those songs, as, I believe, the maestro himself. Go suck citrus fruit of your choice
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    There's a duet in CPN (SPB-SJ - starts 'mayilAdum') but not very familiar to me (may not be a hit song)...so, skip.
    yoav ennaayya neeye. summaa phenomenal songs ellaathayume skip adikkare?...i think 90s ku indha vandiyai vera aal kitte dhaan kudukkanum...
    Chinnapasanga naanga was a movie that resurrected murali's career in 90s.. This was one movie which Raaja and RP.Viswam made memorable through music and
    acting. kadanjedutha villathanathai cinemavil kondu varuvadhil migundha vetri adaindha oru nadigar RP>Viswam.
    Mayilaadum thoappil in many ways ranks much higher than "Ennai thottu" - simply for the dulcet singing of baalu and awesome preludes and interludes by Raaja..
    Cuteness of Saradha preetha added additional "it" factor to this song. Raj Kapoor's choice of locales made for one nicely picturised songs of 90s..
    kovathula enakku koarvaya ezudha kooda varalai....
    Andha starting 30 secondsla Beethoven and mozart prathyakshamaa vandhuttu povaanga. sangeedha sampoornamyaa andha movement..!!! adhukkappuram pallavila andha raagam (adhu ennaannu
    periyavaaal solvaa) andha bhaavam - idhellaam Raja-SPB yoda Sachin - sehwag combinationla summaa ALLum... we are all lucky buggers.. - but like kids born with silver spoon - ennaa anubavichomnu kooda
    namakku theriyala.. hmmmm
    A_E kovathula vaarthai kooda pesirundha kshamikkanum..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Bala - harmless, sari mediocre illaiyA? Depends on what you call harm. Adhu theriyaama kekkarache gujjalaala dhaanga. Ninga therinju kekkaringa uyalaalanu. As I said, thenmozhi oru dabaa kettuttu post pandren lyrics. Ninga autotext post onnu pottingale - adhu maadhiri dhaen irukkum. 2. Kraucher - with you on karikaran. But if you lived through anticipating Idh Thir and listened to Mano's kari kada bhai renditions, you are unlikely to forgive him in a hurry. Karikaran mostly mokkaied in Deva songs - devavoda kalai padaippugaLai naasam paNNiyadhAl enakkenna nattam? I am only concerned about killers of IR songs. Mano is the supreme leader of this gang. As for blaming IR for this: shanmugasundaram in Kizhakku Vaasal after slapping kushboo's mother for Kushboo's indiscretions: "unnai epdimA nAn adippEn? Eppddi adippEn"(naa thazhu thazhuththal)

Post Thanks / Like
    Jai - adhaanE. The worst miss, this one. Not as big a hit as Ennai Thottu but a lovely one and a decent hit too. Not a typical IR song in that the long luxurious phrases affording the singer some space are not typical of Raja. Still fast paced ofcourse. Kanaga lite Saradhapreetha cuteA? Sari teenage aberrationnu nenaichu loosela vittudaren. Revathy talked up the role as unusual for her, and how she enjoyed loosening up on screen. Sadly, the enjoyment didn't translate to the audience. That said, ennai maanamulla song-la oothi koduththu aada vuttAngaLAnnu nenaikkaRa rangeku Ada vutturuppAnga.