Page 392 of 400 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    How can this song compete with the other two!!! Kodumai, kodumai!!! Sami Kitta is way up there man, easily the best SPB/IR of 90s.
    I am OK with this song winning too. But SJ pwns SPB in this. SJ's muthumaNiyE is inexplicably serene. Hate HATE the video (save for aNNan) and that has taken some shine off this song, for me.

I am OK with all three, or even sOlai malai Oram. Lots of little delights in 92. And we are only talking about SPB hits.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nay, he rules from the start, just his vocal and then repeat of first line with tabla = heaven.repeats again and again, like keep reassuring her that everything's alright, and convinced, she starts Muthumaniye....lovely, lovely.

By the by, I forgot the movie completely except for that lion's mane masquerading as Nassar's moustache. Is aNNan also the bad guy here?
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out of these, Muthu Mani Maala has an edge for me (in spite of Suseela's terror!). Vera enna choice nu nyabagam varamaattengudhu
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vennki, nagoor babu = Mano. I have no problem with Hanifa's natta nadu kadal. IR's kadalula ezhumbaRa was my favourite - sort of homage to MSV's tharai mEl piRakka vaiththaan. I am not going to credit Mano for the appeal of the other songs - Raja takes the credit with Chitra sharing it for chembaruthi poovu, which needed chitra's support for Raja, as it had additional programming by Bhanumathy.

Post Thanks / Like
    App - count half a vote from v_s for saami kitta.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kottukkali songukku ivvalavu aatharavu. The song not even a hit and I think it is a Saathaa song. let me chect it. Sembaruthiyula one of my fav is mansoor alikhan song

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    App - count half a vote from v_s for saami kitta.
    This is abusing his generosity, but I approve
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the marketing men in TFM of 92-93 had been in charge of Cricket marketing in 2006-07, I guess Sachin's career would have been finished during that time. EnnamA namba vechurukAinga IR quality koRainju pOchunnu when the reality is this - oru kattaththula nAnE andha marketingai nambittEn

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    barring the assault of Nagoor Babu on our ears, ably assisted by veteran assaulter Bhanumathy. Despite this double barrel attack, Chitra and Raja save sembaruththi poovu, a measure of their talent. What a cruel joke - 4 of the best songs to faramu's friend and 1 vengala kiNNam to Balu. What was IR thinking?
    Flau,

Pls dont remind me of this "Nightmare on Elm street" ! Honestly I really don't know what got into IR's head! All the best songs went to Sothapal Thilagam , while the medicore song went to the Genius !

SJ saves "nila kayum neram", while Thilgam goes off shruthi in the saranam, and screams his head out in the high octaves ( anbE neeyE azhagin amuthE)! NijamavE mudiyala.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    Chalakku chalakku sEla - the best song in the album. Mano is not bad in it, is he? In fact, he is good :isitjustme:
    yOv KadupEtha vendam , Thilagam is OK with ARR songs, but an utter murderer with IR, cos in ARR songs Technology and Music over shadows Vocals, so Thilgam gets away with it
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye