Page 391 of 400 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    Blasphemy alert: Rajadhi raaja un thandhirangal - the 2nd charanam spoils it (percussion)
    andha local shift pudikkaadha? hmmm
    I found that very amusing.. Ennaa dhaan mercedes C class car aaga irundhaalum aminjikkarai market ullaara poondhu vandhaaganumpa. Adhukkaaga raasaa anganga oru localization code onnu vechu iruppaar - andha vagayaraavil - I found this one pretty neat.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    For #366, the current nominations are :

rAjAthi rAjA un thanthirangaL (2.5) - Nerd, jai, app
    muththu maNi mAla (1.5) -V_S, engine
    sAmi kitta (1) -Plum

Let's see what other songs come up and who votes for them...
    idhellaam mutually exclusivennu yaar sonnadhu? enakku ellla biskothum venum..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chalakku chalakku sEla - the best song in the album. Mano is not bad in it, is he? In fact, he is good :isitjustme:
    Definitely he is not bad as projected. He is a good singer. In fact, I like his singing in Chembaruthi compared to SJ, especially when singing higher octaves in some of the songs.
    Same goes to Chinnavar songs; AndhiyilE Vaanam, Maarappu sElai and Gundooru gOnkura were big favorites that time. Especially the last one, he sang beautifully. But you can't take away the beauty from KottukkaLi mainly for the free-flowing tune right from the word 'Go', while others have that staggered start, even though they are beautiful in their own way. SPB is SPB, not match for him. Surprisingly, the other songs were more famous that time compared to this one. The fun and excitement of getting these cassettes and watching these films are gone. Mainly loved to watch these village subjects (almost all ramarajan films, prabhu films like chinnavar, chinna maaple, senthamizh paattu, some rajini/kamal/vijayakanth films, other films like idhu namma bhoomi, chinna thaayee, deiva vaakku, aranmanai kiLi...let me stop here, the list is huge) with those breezy 'themmaangu' songs. Lot of films like these came those days, which were watchable with family. We were totally engrossed in them. I still could not understand how people forgot him, having given everything he got. We will never get such melodies today.

App, you got a very good memory . Yes, after reading your post I too remember that DD program showing the recording of AndhiyilE Vaanam and we were discussing about that hours together. What a wonderful moment that was! Very nice to read your memories that time.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    ------
    Nalam Vaazha - Marupadiyum
    This movie has one more gem "ellorukkum sollum paattu" by SPB.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Everything fine with the album - barring the assault of Nagoor Babu on our ears
    Wasn't Nagore Hanifa? Anyway -1 for this perception. I am with IR in this singer selection!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    What was IR thinking?
    Indeed
    Chalakku chalakku sEla - the best song in the album. Mano is not bad in it, is he? In fact, he is good :isitjustme:
    I yam.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like

rAjAthi rAjA un thanthirangaL (2.5) - Nerd, jai, app
    sAmi kitta (1) -Plum

How can this song compete with the other two!!! Kodumai, kodumai!!! Sami Kitta is way up there man, easily the best SPB/IR of 90s.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    sAmi kitta (1) -Plum

Am voting for Chinnak kavuNdar due to Raja's simple-sweet folk compositions with RVU's opt words in lyrics department (ஆசை பேச்சுல பாதி மூச்சிலே லேசா தேகம் சூடேற). SPB & PS - கரும்பு தின்னக் கூலியா!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    Definitely he is not bad as projected. He is a good singer. In fact, I like his singing in Chembaruthi compared to SJ, especially when singing higher octaves in some of the songs.
    Same goes to Chinnavar songs; AndhiyilE Vaanam, Maarappu sElai and Gundooru gOnkura were big favorites that time. Especially the last one, he sang beautifully. But you can't take away the beauty from KottukkaLi mainly for the free-flowing tune right from the word 'Go', while others have that staggered start, even though they are beautiful in their own way. SPB is SPB, not match for him. Surprisingly, the other songs were more famous that time compared to this one. The fun and excitement of getting these cassettes and watching these films are gone. Mainly loved to watch these village subjects (almost all ramarajan films, prabhu films like chinnavar, chinna maaple, senthamizh paattu, some rajini/kamal/vijayakanth films, other films like idhu namma bhoomi, chinna thaayee, deiva vaakku, aranmanai kiLi...let me stop here, the list is huge) with those breezy 'themmaangu' songs. Lot of films like these came those days, which were watchable with family. We were totally engrossed in them. I still could not understand how people forgot him, having given everything he got. We will never get such melodies today.
    Each time I feel lost without support, I will come to running to you V_S. Fantastic post this is.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks grouch and great to know that you too liked these films and share similar interests. Those were the times I was so crazy about every film, thanks to my friends and neighbors.

venkki,
    I voted that Marupadiyum song (Nalam Vaazha) for #366 which App was going to host from 1993 films, but now it is dropped as he is going to host #366 from 1992 films itself. Yes, ellOrum sollum paattu is a great gem and love watch that song visually even compared to Nalam Vaazha. '93 is another big list.