Page 389 of 400 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    V_S
    Another important example in your list - "Unnai Naan Ariven" from Guna
    Thanks a lot Bala for reminding this. How did I forget this. Brilliant ideas by Kamal and brilliant execution by Maestro.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the SPB version, sound disabled in the office
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    #348 வானம் தொட்டுப்போன
    (தேவர் மகன், 1992 )

Another SPB song from the same movie that I've heard only a few times - mostly during bus travels. Unlike the previous song that I've heard a few times on radio, I don't remember hearing this number ever otherwise. Sounds nice, with SPB throwing in appropriate emotions (there are actually two version on thiraippAdal - both having the same melody but different orchestration / tempo etc and possibly for two different situations in the movie).

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it the song with contains the word "pOtri padadi penE Devar kaladai amnE " If so this is indeed a very nice song. SPB in full Navarasams !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App Sir
    Indha album porutha varaikkum unga crime rate koodikitte irukku
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Update - I did a quick stock taking of 1992 balance numbers as to what songs immediately ring a bell (as most of them were heard only on buses / PA systems etc and very few owned personally) and that year will easily cross #366

So, don't worry about nominating any song from 1993 for this exercise

My original nomination was rAjAthi rAjA un thanthirangaL (of mannan). There seems to be not many takers for that...I don't want to waste my vote and switch to muththu maNi mAlai

With V_Sji, this song now has two votes

For today, I'll start from a movie that can't possibly be in this selection process (the aruvA DM)

BTW, me too love the rickshAw mAmA songs - though I've not known previously that those were from that movie
    ennadhu no takers for "Rajadhi raja un mandhirangaL" and "Gumthalakkadi gumthalakkadi" yaa?
    A_E - u disappoint me sir... Idhullaam kaalathaala azikka mudiyaadha paatukkaL.. Rasini RasigargaLoda ottu moththa kobamum unga mela paaya povudhu.. (me included)..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    ennadhu no takers for "Rajadhi raja un mandhirangaL" and "Gumthalakkadi gumthalakkadi" yaa?
    A_E - u disappoint me sir... Idhullaam kaalathaala azikka mudiyaadha paatukkaL.. Rasini RasigargaLoda ottu moththa kobamum unga mela paaya povudhu.. (me included)..
    Ah I just noticed this now, yes Rajathi Raja un mandirangal and Gumthalakadi were good, but I liked the other one with Rajni and VS , I think it is called Manar MannanerE enaku kapankattu nee ! I guess these songs went unnoticed due to the fact KJY's "amma endru " over shadowed the rest ?
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 17th April 2012 at 09:19 PM.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    A_E - u disappoint me
    adheppadi Me the first person to nominate 'rAjAthi rAja un thanthirangaL'...

Since it gets some Adharavu now (from Nerd, jaiganes), I'll keep it in the run and not cast my vote yet for either of the numbers...we have a few more days to go, after all

B(K), avvaLavu thAn - mudinjathu, ini mEl nAn 'chup rahO' on DM

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    adheppadi Me the first person to nominate 'rAjAthi rAja un thanthirangaL'...

Since it gets some Adharavu now (from Nerd, jaiganes), I'll keep it in the run and not cast my vote yet for either of the numbers...we have a few more days to go, after all

B(K), avvaLavu thAn - mudinjathu, ini mEl nAn 'chup rahO' on DM
    A_E saar. we all know - kalaapoorvamaana vishayangaLil - jananaayagam sellaadhunnen.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No offence meant, I somehow I trace Mannan to 1991 and not 1992. May be because the film songs released in 1991 and film released in 1992? How can I leave Rajaathi Raja un thanthirangaL, it was the most loved song and album not just me, my whole family during that time.

BTW, Vaanam Thottu POna is one killer of a song, once I start listening, it is too difficult to come out of it.