Page 386 of 400 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Sureshji

Finally you got the opportunity to pick on me (it used to be the other way around)
    I know but honestly I am shocked you have not 'poothu poothu kulungudhadi poovu'. Seriously that song cannot be missed in this collected. What a beauty it is. Maybe someone who has good memories associated with that song can write here.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since the discussion is still on about whether the #366 should be from 1992 or 1993, I guess I listen to the 1992 balance numbers, count how many can be hosted (based on my brain recall and not just the actual hit status) and decide which year will the #366 will be from, prior to posting my next song

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    I know but honestly I am shocked you have not 'poothu poothu kulungudhadi poovu'. Seriously that song cannot be missed in this collected. What a beauty it is. Maybe someone who has good memories associated with that song can write here.
    As the 90's progress, there'll be a lot more. That's why A_S is tracking the "app-missed-listtu" and hopefully younger generation can slAkiththufy such numbers once my musings end

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two songs which I came to know about coz of @equanimus were 'ennai thottu' and 'thanga nilavukku' from Rickshaw Mama. If someone can get equa to pen his thoughts on these two songs it will be great. He is a great fan of these songs. Similarly must get our P_R to write about 'Kumbakkara Thangayya' songs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Au contraire, Suresh, I am thankful for SpB's timely entry in ennai thottu. Swarnalatha, while possessing the best tone for the song, gets a little suffocating before SPB relieves us with his relieving, fluffy vocals. The light-heavy mix of SPB-Swarna is what makes the song addictive and timeless. Incidentally, the heroine dies of suffocation in the movie.

Post Thanks / Like
    EquarA? Avaru kaNNAlam kAchchinu settle AyittAru. Indha pakkam Feeyar adhukkAna Ayatham pOla - abscond AyittAru. Namma dhaan ezhudhikkONum...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    Two songs which I came to know about coz of @equanimus were 'ennai thottu' and 'thanga nilavukku' from Rickshaw Mama. If someone can get equa to pen his thoughts on these two songs it will be great. He is a great fan of these songs. Similarly must get our P_R to write about 'Kumbakkara Thangayya' songs.
    That's the beauty of '92. We cannot stop with one. More because of the folk-based stories folk flavors in every song which is very very special compared to other genres. I am now caught up in a web called 'Adi Naan Pudicha kiLiyE' from Raasukutty. A blinder!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update - I did a quick stock taking of 1992 balance numbers as to what songs immediately ring a bell (as most of them were heard only on buses / PA systems etc and very few owned personally) and that year will easily cross #366

So, don't worry about nominating any song from 1993 for this exercise

My original nomination was rAjAthi rAjA un thanthirangaL (of mannan). There seems to be not many takers for that...I don't want to waste my vote and switch to muththu maNi mAlai

With V_Sji, this song now has two votes

For today, I'll start from a movie that can't possibly be in this selection process (the aruvA DM)

BTW, me too love the rickshAw mAmA songs - though I've not known previously that those were from that movie

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App,

for me also surprise like suresh, because I know suresh is weak on 1992/1993 series.

fine, there is a movie called Magudam. if you have not posted you can give attention to this film songs for SPB.
    Music Unities Everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    With 1992 looking so strong , I think my listing itself will probably touch 400...

As posted before, I won't be posting many songs from the "post-tfmpage" era when it's very difficult to identify whether the song was really a hit or not. (I would have heard based on DF-ers / hubbers talking highly about it ; but the song wouldn't have been known to most TN-ers outside our forum e.g. kAkkaichchiRakinilE's OranjAram song)