Page 385 of 400 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaraagam View Post
    Its gangai amaran movie and acted by Prabhu.
    thanks
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    And IR's voice in April May-ila; how a simple melodious song made into a Prabhu Deva romp. Don't know if that's a good thing or not.
    Oh was he in that song? Wasn'ts his debut movie called "indhu" ?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,
    Very nice to read your reasoning on your selections. After posting that list, yesterday night I was listening to 7 songs from that 1992 list in repeat mode. Definitely 2 songs from Chinna Gounder, those two gorgeous from Aavaram poo, Unnai Thottu from Unna nenechaen paattu padichchaen and another one which is very close to me; SOlai malai Oram from Villupaattukkaaran and the hard-hitting Vaanam Thottu from DEvar Magan. Could not come out of the last two till now. In that way it is difficult to pick the winner for #366 in 1992. As we already covered Singaara vElan, if that was not covered earlier, that would be my obvious choice with PudhuchEri KatchEri. If we want to go by the movie hit status as well, then Chinna gounder takes the honors. If considering only the song, tune, singing, orchestration, without the movie hit status, then Aavaram poo (Saami Kitta) is my obvious choice. Always I have some soft corner for Ramarajan songs, in that case, it will be SOlai Malai Oram. See, I told you it is difficult to select a single number for #366.

If 1993, it is Ejamaan all the way, any song for that matter. I highlighted Adi Raakkumuthu for its grandeur and the most listened song that time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't Vikram's meera Released in 1992 ??

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_S - app said he has a story associated with aavarampoo so it has addlk qualification in this thread

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post

'pooththu pooththu kulunguthadi' & 'pAttu onna' - both songs sound so sweet from the GA directed movie kumbakkarai thangaiyyA - but I'm hearing both the songs for the first time, so cannot host on the thread.

Even more shocking is the fact that two SPB-SJ numbers from a Sridhar movie - thanthu vittEn ennai - mannavanE & thenRal nee are also unknown to me (Was this the debut of Vikram?)

So, end of 1991
    yov. This and all is too much. I can understand you not hearing 'mannavane' but 'Kumbakkara Thangaiyya' songs you haven't heard? Atleast 'poothu poothu' not heard is unpardonable!!! Even I have heard it!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    ennapa oru manushan oru paata keatkala na ivalavu thappa ?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sureshji

Finally you got the opportunity to pick on me (it used to be the other way around)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Sureshji

Finally you got the opportunity to pick on me (it used to be the other way around)
    Oh Ithu veriaya ? I thought he was serious.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    1992 play offs - ennai thottu vs kottu kaLi. Former is the bigger hit albeit simple in orchestration, latter is so brilliantly "mood-creating", nicely ornamented. Ennai Thottu reaches finals through a superior qolty melody with a rare pattern of singer's melody from Raja - addictive turn of phrases, easy to sing along and infact, tempts to sing along. Thankfully, I can't hear myself sing and while people around me suffer my singing, I only hear SPB's voice in my head . Still a winner - has endured farther than Chinnavar. 2) Second playoff between paadha kolusu and saami kitta in next post
    Both 'ennai thottu' and 'kottu kili' have been introduced to me recently (as in the last two years) and I will go with you on 'ennai thottu' over 'kottu kili' for the song per se. I know people may burn me for saying this but 'ennai thottu' is one song I wish SPB had not entered in the second charanam. Swaranalatha is _that_ good in this song!!! So as a SPB song, I would either vote for 'kottu kili' or 'mayiladum thopil'. Ofcourse I have left out the 'bolded' songs 'Adukku Malli' is a definite winner for me of that year.
    Last edited by Sureshs65; 16th April 2012 at 10:45 PM.