Page 384 of 400 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paadha kolusu - huge hit, same fundamentals as Ennai thottu but with less surprises in tune flow. That being the USP which got Ennai Thotta through, paadha kolusu loses out to the under appreciated saamikitta. In the finals, it is again Enna Thottu's simplicity and sing-along versus Saamikitta's brilliant orchestration. In the end, Saamikitta emerges succesful for the brilliant first lude along with a serviceable melody and the longing and yearning in the tune and singing that adds the spice as against the overwhelmingly sweet Ennai thottu. Since I am old enough to have lost my sweet tooth but not old enough to lose attraction for the spice, Saamikitta emerges the winner and my choice for #366(from 1992)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post

My choices : if 1992, rAjAthi rAjA un thanthirangaL...if 1993, oru nALum unai maRavAtha....either way my choices are SPB-SJ ones

Let's see how others feel...
    App, Since I got inside the thread in between, did not aware of the year concept . today gone through the earlier postings and still lot more there in 1992. I felt IR over worked during 1991 to 1993. Huge number of albums on these periods and fortunately I was in college so was able to watch most of the movies
    Music Unities Everyone

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both the SPB songs - 'idhayamE' & 'poonkodi thAn' are unknown to me. skip.

They were simply outstanding song esp "Poongodi thaan Poothathama pon vandu thaan "
    the interludes , preludes were simply awesome my senior collegues in school used to sing this due to love failures , though i hardly
    understood such matters at that age, I used to listen to these songs regularly with them.

"Oh oh patti nalla patti than " by MV from that film was also a catchy one , due to Jollu lyrics
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    And IR's voice in April May-ila; how a simple melodious song made into a Prabhu Deva romp. Don't know if that's a good thing or not.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    'pooththu pooththu kulunguthadi' & 'pAttu onna' - both songs sound so sweet from the GA directed movie kumbakkarai thangaiyyA
    Yes I remember these songs, very sweet indeed! BTW ithu Gramarajan padama
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    thAlAttu kEtkuthammA has 3 SPB numbers - nEnthukkitta, sutti sutti, yammA yammA - all unfamiliar, from a Prabhu movie
    This song must have been a hit those days Due to the "Smitha" factor! But a horrible movie for Prabhu's standards!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Farams - yes seethakoka chiluka is the telugu version of Alaigal Oyvadhillai. Bharathirajaa remade it himself. Aruna Mucharla, whom he introduced in tamil in Kallukkul Eeram was given another fresh lease (in telugu) by her patron.
    Thanks for the clarification

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Yes I remember these songs, very sweet indeed! BTW ithu Gramarajan padama
    Its gangai amaran movie and acted by Prabhu.
    Music Unities Everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaraagam View Post
    App, today after long time I have listened Dharma film and just noticed closely that all songs are sung by SPB. why don't you any one of the song from that movie ? (hwo can we understand the details of the songs...)
    Yes I really liked Dharma songs, but I tried to stay away from the film, for OBvious reasons

Post Thanks / Like
    App anna

Have you missed "sembaruthi" , AFAIK it was released in 91 right ?