Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    Param,

Now I guess you are completely educated on what 'singari sarakku' means
    Indeed Sir

Love that song though !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Raghu, your "Ennadhu Ghandiya suttutAnggalA" reaction is always priceless
    exactly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    exactly...
    Antha padam pakala pa, ithuku pOi !

Any way Namma area (Indian History section) pakkam vaanga thayiriyum iruntha
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    #325 பூப்பூப்பூ பூப்பூத்த சோலை
    (புது நெல்லு புது நாத்து, 1990 , ஜானகியுடன்)

pooppooppoo () from puthu nellu puthu nAththu, with SJ
    (Those days, the country side not only had poo but also poop in the open)

Perhaps the only IR-BR album from which I've never played a single song in a personal player ever (Except of course the thiraippAdal playback on PC for this thread's sake). I had even 'vAlibamE vA vA' songs played on personal cassette players ('pon vAnappoongAvil' & 'azhagE unnaikkonjam' got played frequently during college hostel days). Actually, I didn't even know until recently that these songs belonged to this movie. Interestingly, I was very familiar with songs at the time of their arrival itself - thru public address systems (buses / village marriages). karuththa machchAn, poo pooththa sOlai & chittAn chittAnkuruvi were heard many times and were instantly recognized as rAsA songs but I've never realized that those were from a BR movie and not bothered to check as well

Though there was some noise about BR coming back to his 'uyirththOzhan', I wasn't amused and the apathy only increased when that movie / songs didn't have decent reach - definitely not like what IR-BR songs of the prior era had. (I must confess that recently I developed a strong love for 'kuyilukkuppam' - what a phenomenal KSC number!). Those were possibly the reasons for me not to pay any attention to this movie / album.

This song is a gem, however, with SJ at top form and well supported by our thread nAyakar. So are the other two hit numbers. Though not in the range of KK & prior albums, this album has it own limited charm. (However, not one song can even match the 'kuyilukkuppam' standard...but then rAsA was not obliged to give his creamy layer to BR anymore!)

Suganya -who was among the audience of IR's recent Chennai concert and got focussed a few times on the Jaya TV show - did her debut in this movie. Also the Trichy politician (now a central minister) Napolean acted for the first time in this movie it seems.

So, two more BR introductions who went on to achieve some fame on celluloid. I'm surprised he didn't change the name of Suganya into something starting with R (Radhika, Rathi, Rohini, Radha, Revathy, Ranjani, Rekha, Ranjitha are some of his R intros; however, Suganya is not the only exception - there were Aruna, Vijayashanthi, Subadhra...)
    Last edited by app_engine; 20th March 2012 at 11:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    App anna,

Have you seen this song before ? One of IR and SPB's Gem

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    App anna,

Have you seen this song before ? One of IR and SPB's Gem
    I'm at workplace (no youtube)...can you specify what song is it?/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    I'm at workplace (no youtube)...can you specify what song is it?/
    Thalaiyai Kuniyum Thamaraiye song from Oru Odai Nathiyagirathu

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Thalaiyai Kuniyum Thamaraiye song from Oru Odai Nathiyagirathu
    Well, we covered it in this thread before and I remember posting the youtube link also (Raghuvaran & Sumalatha, IIRC)...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Well, we covered it in this thread before and I remember posting the youtube link also (Raghuvaran & Sumalatha, IIRC)...
    Oh yes sorry