Page 351 of 400 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by San_K View Post
    Oh! just realised. My most favourite song of this fabulous album is sung by Mano
    saththam varAmal?
    (I love the Jewish folk portion & also the terrific guitar that follows the vA nee, thEnee, rAnee)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful post App. I concur with what you said about SPB and his singing!

Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi, V_Sji!
    SPB is so versatile!

It looks like the year 1990 has much fewer songs than I thought it will have

We won't even hit #330 before this year ends as per my accounting at this point of time. Still we have another week of posts for this year and one of them will be a huge senti post (I'll give a pre-warning, however )

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    saththam varAmal?
    (I love the Jewish folk portion & also the terrific guitar that follows the vA nee, thEnee, rAnee)
    Why so much Jewish folk? Even in Uttalakadi song the chorus is saying "Hawa Nagila Hawa Nagila"..... Is Raja leaving some clues about his inspiration?
    Last edited by genesis; 17th March 2012 at 02:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    uttAlakkadi youtube :

Post Thanks / Like
    #322 இளவட்டம் கைதட்டும் டும் டும்
    (மை டியர் மார்த்தாண்டன், 1990 , ஜானகியுடன்)

iLavattam kai thattum dum dum of MDM, with SJ

The top duet pair back in action and in top form here Check how SPB does konjal in the beginning of the first saraNam and SJ does an equally enchanting act in the second saraNam with her 'kalyANi' Sometime back I checked on the last song thread and Sureshji confirmed that this song is indeed kalyAni rAgA based. That first line of the saraNam in the most lovable part in the whole song for me. SJ does a trademark giggle also to score points over SPB and it's confusion for me each time when I listen to this song, as to who wins in their 'not openly told' competition SPB does a neat job but due to the extra things thrown in, SJ leads, IMHO.

What a sweet string arrangement - rAjA only possible stuff - in the second interlude. He instantly transports us to a music theater where a huge orchestra performs exclusively for us! This is in addition to the trumpets-strings combo terrific first interlude! I don't think I'll ever need an exclusive symphony from rAjA - what things he has done in 1000's of such interludes are more than what I can enjoy in the lifetime! The drummer too is excellent in this song - IR had given him an exclusive opportunity in the prelude and also allows him to dominate thru out! There's also little bit off vocal harmony stuff here and there, those portions are kind of ok.

The stereo system in our bachelor home was in full blast / max volume etc when this song was playing most of the time. With not much furniture around in a huge, high ceiling bedroom of that new house, the acoustics was terrific too! IIRC, by the time this song was playing a lot, me said bye to -OH and the way in which the adi-thadi numbers of MDM got enjoyed were quite different from what was going on for a couple of years

Thoroughly enjoyable album, with 3 great SPB numbers!
    Last edited by app_engine; 27th March 2012 at 10:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    iLavattam youtube :

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Dear Marthandan la Kushboo va
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raghu, your "Ennadhu Ghandiya suttutAnggalA" reaction is always priceless
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two songs are due today (including one backlog for Sunday).

Both will be from the "rich fellow" movie

WARNING : One will be a regular post ; the second will be a long one with senti-stuff, so read at your own risk