Page 350 of 400 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Groucho,
    Lovely one-line descriptions of the characters! And a favourite moment, that one with Kameshwaran and Mani Iyer. The way the two keep picking on each other, the small pleasures they get out of each other's little failures. Hilarious. And yeah, Raju is the archetypal Tamil film hero in the film. Also, in general, such a warm presence, a firefighter by profession, an artist at heart, incidentally an impersonator, Chaplinesque lover boy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    equa chop the movie up and serve me any piece at any moment, non-chronologically, and I will still enjoy it. It's ageing like wine.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    pAkku veththala youtube :

(even this poster says singers are Mano & SJ - enna kodumai ayyA )
    Obviously SPB. Wiki

Tracklist[1]
    No. Title Lyrics Singer(s) Length
    1. "Oh Alagu Nilavu" Pirai Sudan Mano
    2. "Aaduthu Paar" Gangai Amaran
    3. "Illavattam Kai thattum" Vaali S.P.Balasubramaniam, S. Janaki
    4. "Kalyana Mapillaikku" Gangai Amaran
    5. "My dear Marthandan" Gangai Amaran Illayaraja
    6. "Oh maharaja" Gangai Amaran
    7. "Paakku Vethala" Vaali S.P.Balasubramaniam
    8. "Satham Varamal" Vaali Mano, Chitra
    9. "Uttalakadi" Gangai Amaran Gangai Amaran, S.P.Balasubramaniam
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pleasantly surprised to see equa in this thread

nalvaravu sir!

Quote Originally Posted by equanimus View Post
    And yeah, Raju is the archetypal Tamil film hero in the film. Also, in general, such a warm presence, a firefighter by profession, an artist at heart, incidentally an impersonator, Chaplinesque lover boy.

In a small way, he is an extension of the nettai aboorva sahOdharar (even the name is rAj+). chennai bAshai, appAviththanam, Attam-pAttam-vEsham-romance-comedy etc

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pleasantly surprised to see equa in this thread

In a small way, he is an extension of the nettai aboorva sahOdharar (even the name is rAj+). chennai bAshai, appAviththanam, Attam-pAttam-vEsham-romance-comedy etc
    Exactly:

Kamal has done the Raju character in many movies... Kameshwaran is unique. Kameshwaran visting Thiripurasundari's house is the best scene in the movie. Kamal-Urvashi chemistry is excellent in this scene. Also Sundari Neeyum (bi-lingual?) remains the my most favorite song from this movie.

Post Thanks / Like
    #321 உட்டாலக்கடி பட்டான கொடி மொட்டான கிளியே
    (மை டியர் மார்த்தாண்டன் , 1990 , கங்கை அமரனுடன்)

uttAlakkadi of MDM

It's not a duet with GA or anything like that, GA sings only in the beginning - the pallavi lines with chords & the string-plucking instrument (mandolin? bulbul tarang? banjo?) but no drums. What follows is a thunderous arrival of drums and grand prelude before SPB starts mesmerizing us!

I've posted in the last song thread almost a year back that this song is a demo / quintessential example of how a film song should be sung! IMO, all male playback singers of present TF field will have to listen to this number each morning before they start for work (i.e. if they want to succeed). I don't want to explain the details - but if someone disagrees with me, I would request him / her to please listen to the song one more time, closely paying attention to the little details that SPB packs into this number! (As a sample, the hurried but powerful 'appA' after the 'kattilil iNangippAduththA')...

I watched the youtube last night - has some interesting lighting (fire) stuff but otherwise typical group dance. By and large, vizhalukku iRaiththa neer, despite having Pratap Pothen as director. (I used to think those days that GA was the director, seeing how many songs has his voice listed...recently realized it's the musically stylish guy...)
    Last edited by app_engine; 27th March 2012 at 10:38 PM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Obviously SPB. Wiki

Tracklist[1]
    No. Title Lyrics Singer(s) Length
    1. "Oh Alagu Nilavu" Pirai Sudan Mano
    2. "Aaduthu Paar" Gangai Amaran
    3. "Illavattam Kai thattum" Vaali S.P.Balasubramaniam, S. Janaki
    4. "Kalyana Mapillaikku" Gangai Amaran
    5. "My dear Marthandan" Gangai Amaran Illayaraja
    6. "Oh maharaja" Gangai Amaran
    7. "Paakku Vethala" Vaali S.P.Balasubramaniam
    8. "Satham Varamal" Vaali Mano, Chitra
    9. "Uttalakadi" Gangai Amaran Gangai Amaran, S.P.Balasubramaniam
    Oh! just realised. My most favourite song of this fabulous album is sung by Mano

Post Thanks / Like
    Personal connection: Urvashi's house in mmkr is my 3rd standard teacher's - in Triplicane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    Also Sundari Neeyum (bi-lingual?) remains the my most favorite song from this movie.
    While it's very difficult for me to pick the musically favourite one between the three (sundari, rambambam & pEru vachchAlum), the top favourite on screen is pEru vachchAlum. It's incredible!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    #322 உட்டாலக்கடி பட்டான கொடி மொட்டான கிளியே
    (மை டியர் மார்த்தாண்டன் , 1990 , கங்கை அமரனுடன்)

I've posted in the last song thread almost a year back that this song is a demo / quintessential example of how a film song should be sung! IMO, all male playback singers of present TF field will have to listen to this number each morning before they start for work (i.e. if they want to succeed). I don't want to explain the details - but if someone disagrees with me, I would request him / her to please listen to the song one more time, closely paying attention to the little details that SPB packs into this number! (As a sample, the hurried but powerful 'appA' after the 'kattilil iNangippAduththA')...
    100% True. I am really amazed how SPB sings every song with the same enthu....