Page 348 of 400 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Actually, though there are 4 Kamals, Raju is the real movie hero (or the better of the four).

How?

-2 duets for Raju (this one & pEru vachchAlum) compared to only one each of the cupid characters.
    -Also, attched to the bigger of the herOinis of that time.
    -Also, the only one fighttu given, and one of the two car heroics allotted.
    -Even among the two comedian roles, only Raju was based on smart performance (while the Palakkadan was more by design ).
    I beg to differ.

Madhan is the hero. The main story starts with his arrival... Other 3 come in to the story as a part of his problem or to help him. He is the only one who has villains. Other do not have any serious trouble makers.

OTOH, Kameshwaran is my favorite character. The character may be by design - but Kamal's look well suited this character and his acting was very authentic.

I also watched this movie so many many times... never get bored (I do not think I watched any other movie so many times). This movie has attained cult status among TF lovers. However at the time of release, this movie did not do so well.

Did they ever dub MMKR in Telugu?
    Last edited by genesis; 15th March 2012 at 03:59 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    IS this the SPB one or SJ one? (Audio disabled in the office)
    SJ version

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by al_gates View Post
    app, did you name your dog as Diamond too?
    No pet in recent times...the one during school days was called 'taimoor'

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    He is the only one who has villains.

However, it is Raju who beats them up and saves Madhan (dupe pOttadhukku kAsA?nnu kEppAr)

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Film centres around Madhan, therefore making him the protagonist. But actual-A pArtha, the film is about the 4 fellows, so ellOrumE hero-thAn. Heck the title has all of their name, I say. But Tamil philim standard padi parthA, yes, Raju is the hero. My fav of the four, by the way. He is the only decent guy among the four. Madhan is snobbish and arrogant. Michael, well, bad upbringing. Kameshwaran is too principled always picking fight with dad, even laughing at him when poor dad slips and falls. Raju, on the other hand is an innocent feller, had to resort to cheating no thanks to his debt problem. Always relatable.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    In telugu, michaelmadanakamaraju. So, raju actually got into the titles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Raju, on the other hand is an innocent feller, had to resort to cheating no thanks to his debt problem. Always relatable.
    Strictly speaking, it's only "acting as Madhan as per Madhan's request" and not cheating

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For a moment i was wondering why only "Rathiri Nerathil" is being discussed from Anjali

Weakest in the album but by no means weak in absolute terms. SPB's strained vocals is a strain to us also but superb orchestration ("swaying" violins in the charanams )
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SPB in that "watery-wavering" voice is the one we used to enjoy those days. auto-tune debut? Again only when needed and only when the movie concept and situation demanded. Very different to hear that those days.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    SPB in that "watery-wavering" voice is the one we used to enjoy those days. auto-tune debut? Again only when needed and only when the movie concept and situation demanded. Very different to hear that those days.
    I liked that too, IIRC there was another song by SPB +SJ in a similar manner called "pournamai nilavile ..." some thing along this line, here SPB 's lines were "zimbabo zimba zimbabo zimba" Can some one give more details about this song pls ?

Thanks
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye