Page 341 of 400 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to read about your friend's marriage event. Definitely, it should have been embarrassing to both of them to meet in front of everyone for the first time, that too on the day of marriage.

Suganya's debut film was Bharathiraaja's Pudhu Nellu Pudhu Naathu in 1991. So that site might have written Suganya's name by mistake. VVP has some very good songs, but I have not heard since many years. Thanks for picking up these songs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi, V_Sji!

BTW, porut kuRRam:

Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    your friend's marriage event.
    I've seen him only once Also, as you can see toward the end of the post - his stress on money - it's difficult for him to qualify as my friend

Post Thanks / Like
    dig
    One of my all-time-fav composers in Malayalam field, Bombay Ravi (86), has passed away

There are few songs of him in the IF section...for e.g. look at this page (or the few prior pages for panchAgni, nakhakshadhangaL...):
    http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...m-Music/page52

end-dig

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    <dig>
    App, please also listen to his hindi classics. He started his musical career from 1950s. He came down south only later in 70's, I think. He didn't have any classical training, yet you can hear classical based songs in his compositions, in Chaudhvin ka chaand, Hamraaz, Gumrah, Gharana, Aaj aur kal, Grishasthi, Narsi Bhagat and many more. You have to listen to classical "Darshan do Ghanshyam" from Narsi Bhagat and "Jeevan jyot jale" from Grishasthi, to know his talent. A great loss indeed.
    </dig>

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sad news .

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mmm... I think manamaalaiyum manjalum.....charukesi delight is the only song I have listened in this album. I have that composition in some assorted collection.

thanks, app_eng.

karuppu, sigappu etc... Stigma shed pannungappa!

my friend solluvaan, until he was in India, he felt low because he was dark but his family members are fair colour appadinnu avanga kudumba janta talking.

When he arrived USA, how his classmates & his work people, friends he made in his gym etc.. are nice & value him for his potential & nicety.

adhaan... stigma ozhinjadhan uruppadum.

vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 9th March 2012 at 12:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi baroque, for the rAgA info!

Quote Originally Posted by baroque View Post
    karuppu, sigappu etc... Stigma shed pannungappa!
    Please wait till I host another story

Post Thanks / Like
    #314 சிக்குன்னு இழுக்குது சிட்டாஞ்சினுக்கு
    (வாத்தியார் வீட்டுப்பிள்ளை, 1989 , சித்ராவுடன்)

sikkunu izhukkudhu chittAnchinukku - VVP with KSC

Sweet themmAngu - with not so sweet chorus. Both KSC & SPB add a lot of value to what could have been composed by IR in 5 minutes. Song was unquestionably a hit - heard many times on PA systems / buses. Gets entry into the thread without having to qualify.

Per my Vadivel "plan" (achak-puchak-jachak), this song should have an incident with the Palakkad Laurel & Hardy. Possibly the last one for them (as they ceased to be room mates in 1990 and one by one moved into our bachelor home).

I need to introduce another friend here - a tall guy with a lot of musical interest, used to talk non-stop about 'pon vAnam panneer thoovuthu innEram', tried to get into guitar lessons like me but suffered due to lack of time like me as well in this time period and was a regular in bachelor room conversations / commute back from work etc. (I bought 3 or may be 4 Lewis guitars from Bangalore and brought them in 'island express' during one of my official trips for all of us...mine got snapped thanks to the "strings-force-tension", after being unattended for months)...

Our restless-bulky-engineer was known for arguing with anyone and everyone and on almost every topic in the world Fortunately for me, he was music agnostic and I was the only guy in his good books / got spared from arguments. OTOH, his "lean-artist-slow-room mate" was practically spending an average of one hour each day arguing with him on some topic or other.

It was an eventful day when all four of us (me, Laurel, Hardy, tall-music-guy) got out of the bus at Fort Maidan of Palakkad, coming back from work - around 5:45 PM. It was a beautiful evening and the maidan was beautifully lit by the weak rays from the west and it was awesome to see the huge sun in the "setting" process! It was like a huge orange-brown ball and all of us were mesmerized at the sight of it and were speechless!

Well, our bulky man wanted to break into conversation and started "innaikku pournamiyA" (It was obvious that he mistook the sun for moon )

All three of us instantly burst into laughter and his lean room mate reminded him 'yOv adhu sooriyan yA'!

A normal guy would have got embarassed and may be asadu vazhinjified and either kept quiet or made a shy remark and /or run for cover. But our Mr Argument cannot leave things that easily. So he started, 'why, can sun not look in a specific way on a pournami day? What do you know about astronomy? Did you study planetary motion?' etc etc.

We couldn't believe our ears - but both the guys kept arguing over the topic for at least an hour that day until the music-lover could bear it no more and pushed it to another topic

End of the day, we all had to go to the theater -for second show - to cool it off
    Last edited by app_engine; 12th March 2012 at 09:52 PM.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "அண்ணனை விட்டு ஒரு கல்யாணமா" 'சுப்பு செல்லம்' பாடியிருக்கிறார் என்ற ஒரே காரணத்துக்காக கேட்கப்பட்ட பாடல். (என்னால்)
    "ராஜேஷ்" வாத்தியார். அவரின் தம்பி சத்யராஜ் . ராஜேஷின் மகள் திருமண சமயத்தில்தான் இந்தப் பாடல் வரும் என்ற நினைவு. ( சில தமிழ்த் திரைக்காவியங்களில் தங்கை பாத்திரத்திலேயே இவரைக் கண்ட நினைவு.| இந்திரா?| )

பாடல் மற்றும் நினைவலைகள் பகிர்வுக்கு நன்றி மதிப்பிற்குரிய app_engine அவர்களே
    பார்வையின் ஜாடையில் தோன்றிடும் ஆசையில் பாடிடும் எண்ணங்களே

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    dig
    One of my all-time-fav composers in Malayalam field, Bombay Ravi (86), has passed away

There are few songs of him in the IF section...for e.g. look at this page (or the few prior pages for panchAgni, nakhakshadhangaL...):
    http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...m-Music/page52

end-dig
    இசையமைப்பாளர் மதிப்பிற்குரிய "பாம்பே ரவி" அவர்களுக்கு உளமார்ந்த அஞ்சலிகள்

"புதிய தென்றல்" என்ற தமிழ்த் திரைக் காவியத்துக்கு (ரமேஷ் அரவிந்த் - சிவரஞ்சனி நடித்து...."தென்றலிலே மிதந்து வரும்" என்ற அழகோ அழகான சுப்பு செல்லம் - கே.எஸ்.சித்ரா பாடலால் பெருமை பெற்ற காவியம் ) இசையமைப்பு "ரவி" என்றுள்ளது. வானுலகெய்திய " பாம்பே ரவி" அவர்கள்தான் இந்த " ரவி"யா?
    பார்வையின் ஜாடையில் தோன்றிடும் ஆசையில் பாடிடும் எண்ணங்களே