Page 306 of 400 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apoorva Sagatharargal one of all-time blockbusters movie in tamil.

What a movie by Kamal and what a backbone support by Ilayaraja! This is the only one movie I have watched 5 times in theater alone. (next Batsha, Juraassic park I, etc comes with 3 times ). I remember in my town, AS was released in 2 theaters which was first time ever in my town. Almost my entire school class students went immediately after the last exam in annual exams. Ofcourse this movie clashed with another all time BP movie Karakattakkaran though the later released after 25 days.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi V_Sji!

Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    Neenga nalla kathaasiriyar aagalaam.
    possibility naheen'nga

Lost all my kaRpanai vaLams some 25 years back, at the max can make a "run-of-the-mill" reporter or may be a good "news-proof-reader"!

Post Thanks / Like
    #287 புது மாப்பிள்ளைக்கு நல்ல யோகமடா
    (அபூர்வ சகோதரர்கள், 1989 , ஷைலஜாவுடன்)

After an unusually warm January, we got a few inches of snow followed by some cold weather at last, during this weekend! Must be the Appu song effect where Kamal dances with Roobini on snow A phenomenal song that supposedly drew some inspiration from MSV-MGR's 'nAn pArthadhilE avaL oruththiyaiththAn' for the sandham construct. SPB in splendid form here and his sis does a nice support (with some slick sound effects as well). The drummer had a field day and the 2nd interlude has some brilliant orchestration too - a nicely packaged number overall!

It was a wonder on-screen, with Kamal excelling in his dwarf avatar! I believe people haven't figured out exactly how all they've achieved those scenes - to this day (well, there had been many guesses - kAlai madichchukkattinAr, kuzhi vetti ninnAr, muttikkAl pOttu pinnAdi mask paNNinAnga etc - but unless KH / SSR or others of the original team reveal, these'll continue to be guesses). Such perfection was demonstrated by Kamal that if someone who isn't familiar with this great actor watches the movie, they may very well conclude him to be not the same person who acts as his rare-twin in the movie! Though KH didn't receive many awards from "committees" for this performance, the general public gave him a big and the movie was a roaring success!

Gemini circus was a school-time favourite and I was extremely happy to see them in the movie! One of my relatives who watched Gemini circus with me once made a remark on their extreme-precision : "there must be some black magic"! She was even pointing to one person or other wearing a black costume for each of the stunts Though I dismissed that claim as stupidity, their perfect execution was such a fantastic thing to watch those days! By contrast, when I watched Bharath circus in the same avenue in town, it had two accidents - one human pyramid collapsed, with the child on top spraining and crying ; then one biker crashed during the cross jump of two motorcycles the same night It was a terrifying, sad day in my life and chillingly reminded of the huge risk these people are taking to entertain us!

One interesting thing about this masAlA movie was that there were 4 villains (instead of the typical 3 ) and it was funny to see Nagesh doing the main villain role While many of us made fun of the fact that such frail/fragile-looking-man was the main villain against a fit-tough-cop in a huge masAlA, that added to the uniqueness of this movie. Its success proved that the primary thing to make a movie attractive to public is to avoid cliche's...

Switching from app_u to app_e, things happened pretty fast in the vaishAka sandhyE chronicle during mid 1990. One thing - my sis finished edu and me arranged her varan (the only "dhaththi" person in our home for whom someone else had to find the marriage mate; whatta progressive parents)...that whole exercise sent me to "back to roots" time period, renewing old friendships, seeing again the girl-seen-in-friend's-marriage-in-Trichy-5-yrs-back, half saree / midi to full saree / churidhAr, getting permission from parents, mAngu mAngunnu letters / phone calls after engagement and finally kAl kattu! So, what happened to the eye-addiction? It was only eye-level you see, with nothing more / nothing serious / no romance / not even friendship (adappAvi!)

She should have been confused at me suddenly becoming nalla paiyyan, no bike trailing, no eye-locking (had I done so, in my books it would have been "flirting", after the commitment)! That I had switched my role in the org helped too - with hardly any time spent in the shopfloor and even during any occasional crossing-of-paths, I quickly smiled and escaped. There was hardly any change of expression in her face when the 'invitation' was given and I was happy that she wasn't serious as well. Peace, I thought!

However, there was still some 'iRukkam'...one after the other of all the girls were giving their 'invitations' but she did not And in one of the weddings that I attended with my wife and our little baby, she came to us (first time meeting my wife) and grabbed the boy and chumbichchu madhiyAkki...didn't leave him until we left the place. I was plain embarassed and was also a little confused when she and other girls spent too much of time with my wife. Though I've taken mun-jAmeen and my better half had accepted me as an "imperfect gift" to her and nicely managed me (well, for the last 21 years), since I didn't mention any names to avoid unnecessary unpleasantness, there was some udhaRal as to what these women were telling her.

My wife, afterwards : 'They seem to really like you, sweet ellAm senju koduppeengaLAmE' (me inside -aiyyO, vEra ennallAm solli tholaichchAngaLO )
    Me - hi hi, we should be nice and hospitable to all, illaiyA?

Wife : Yes, yes, they seem to be really fond of you...

...and that was the end of the conversation and I wasn't sweating anymore

As days went, my life got so busy with child rearing, work pressure, travels etc. However, with no invitation coming from her and also seeing the sadness in her face later on, whenever I thought of the girl I was worried as to what was in her mind...

(aduththa pAttil mudiyum)
    Last edited by app_engine; 13th February 2012 at 11:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    vAzha vaikkum kAdhalukku jAy youtube :

Post Thanks / Like
    pudhu mAppiLLaikku youtube :

Post Thanks / Like
    App - the way story went me(and I suspect others too) was thinking your vaisakha sandhye situation will match for unna nenachen song. Looks like the actual song that will match this situation is not unna nenachen "annakiLi unai thedudhe(pathos version" :_).

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Almost everyone who is 30+ had a similar experience in their Teens and 20s...including women. If boys chase girls, do not forget girls get chased by boys. Generally women are "unwilling" to share their story with their husbands, since we men are not that graceful.

அப்பு - காதல் கதையை கரெக்டா காதலர் தினம் அன்னிக்கு முடிக்கிறீங்க.... முதல் காதல், முதல் முத்தம் என்று சும்மாவா சொன்னாங்க....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App,
    It was very touching to read your post.

Regarding Appu's character, I thought Kamal revealed how it was done, is it not so?

Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,
    I don't know the annakkiLi story (or the sichchuvEshan for that song)...let's see after my next post

genesis & V_Sji, nanRi for the kind comments!

V_Sji,
    Regarding dwarf tech, I'm not aware of what KH revealed...per wikipedia, it's a mystery even now...

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    It played for 400 days in Madurai and Pondicherry and 370 days in Chennai and 175 days in Mumbai.[citation needed] it had silver jubilee run in all regional and Hindi states, it has become a cult movie even today no one can ascertain how kamal became dwarf.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kulla Appu technique - "onnu mattum kurippittu solrathavida pala technique use panni irukkanga" - idhu Kamal sonnatha paditha gnabagam. pallam thondi nikkurathu, mutti madikkurathu appadin ippadi palathunu pesikkittanga

BTW today Kalaignar TV telecasted Apoorva Sagadharargal