Page 301 of 400 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    #284 ராஜா கைய வச்சா அது ராங்காப் போனதில்லே
    (அபூர்வ சகோதரர்கள், 1989 )

Let's start the year 1989 with a bang (cymbal crash / drum roll / trumpets) - the Kamalahasan wonder called 'apoorva sagOdhararkaL' that featured all five songs by SPB. (Ofcourse, there is this 'thukkiriththanamA' version of today's song by KH that got played on-screen ; but my personal recording had the SPB version ; same is in the thiraippAdal link above). The songs were huge hits then and continue to be popular even now.

The title score (theme BGM) too is as much popular. Sometime back veteran DF-er Shankar had a special post on that in dhool.com! What a sweet, hair-raising piece and how nicely it contributed to the dynamics of the story telling! The movie had one of the finest screenplays ever in TF, with the right mix of all kinds of emotions / masAlA elements supported by excellent acting and technical crew! No wonder it was a success in both south & north (i.e. as the Hindi dubbed 'appu rAjA').

I've watched this movie a few times in a theater that was relatively new in the town (adjacent to the private bus stand of Palakkad) but non-a/c and without much standards. Slightly better sound equipment than the old "New-Devidurga" theater but the loudness levels were bayamuRuththals in general (enjoyable for a movie like A-S, however). The title score, when the boat sails and flute rules, was absolute mayirkoochcheridhal / kaN kalangaL and emotional drain!

Kamal dancing with the "now-obsolete-Standard-2000-cars-and-possibly-extinct-factory" is great fun to watch! Obviously, it brings to one the memories of one's own "factory" days - though the electronics assembly line / testing kind of factory had very few things in common with a huge engg / car mfg kind of setup. One thing common with Kamal's song and our running theme is ofcourse makaLir and let me get into the continuation from last post

After a few changes, I landed in a department with no young ladies but many young boys who always kept complaining about "akkarai pachchai" (i.e. every other dept having beauties). Their pulambals were perhaps heard by the personnel dept who decided to send half a dozen newbies to the shopfloor, by the end of my first year. Absolutely disappointing set - all averaging below 5 feet & say 40 kg's On top of it, pAvam nAdan faces - so, the boys decided to nickname them as 'soldering iron', 'money purse' 'elikkutti' etc to tide over their disappointment. (All were pre-degree i.e. +2 pass/fail levels, struggled to learn the work and created much trouble that way as well).

Well, as time went on, these females acquired some weight / make-up / fashions / manners etc and some even managed to attract a couple of guys (one colleague had an accident with his new 100cc suzuki, near the factrory gate, when joLLufying the poonaikkaNNu 'soldering iron' and had to spend a lot of money on repair ). There was no status change for me for many months but trouble started during lunchtime one day.

Workers had a fixed time lunch (45 min starting either 12 or 12.30 as scheduled) while engineers had some flexibility (anytime between 12 & 2) and mine was typically at 1 with other boys...this particular day, others left at 12 but I had some troubleshooting and was engrossed around 12:45 when this "arai-dozen" returned after lunch with much laughter (needed only 15 min for lunch and the remaining 30 minute arattai was a usual thingy for them).

Cutting the long story short, I was shocked to learn that the least-lookable-of-the-arai-dozen (dark, illikkaNNu, ollippoNNu etc) was staring at me non-stop and wasn't taking part in their conversation. A little embarassed, I moved around a bit among the expensive imported equipments ( andhakkAlaththu lakhs worth stuff, see the $ rate here ) but her stair followed. I even managed to go beyond a point where she had to shift the position and she did Confirmed that she was looking at me but I wasn't sure whether there was anything odd with me...same time, there was this minor kuRukuRuppu too, but my usual stiffness remained and pushed me to leave for lunch without solving the technical problem...

(thodarum)

(Many years later, when accidentally watching "haridas" on TV, I found that the actress T R Rajakumari has close resemblances to this girl...let me post a pic of that actress here...)
    Last edited by app_engine; 9th February 2012 at 01:36 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raja kaiya vecha..... ilayaraja's music marvel,

Apoorva sagodharargal is a stunning work.

high energy music break for me!

RockNroll, pathos etc...Bala dazzles in Ilayaraja's music.

Who is the lyricist for this song?
    காரையும், பெண்ணையும் ஒத்தி எழுதி இருக்கு.
    thanks, App_eng.

vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 9th February 2012 at 04:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ofcourse it is sycophant supreme rangarajan a.k.a vaali

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome, baroque!

rAjA kaiya vachchA youtube :

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    -Like Keralites' imitation of KJY by growing beard, many TN youngsters tried beard / short hair after Sathya Kamal (one of my b-i-l's was part of them as per my wife)
    Confession time. Cropped my hair too short (innum thAdi mulusa valarAtha time), and when inquired at home, I said I slept off and blamed the drunk barber.

BTW, the thread has hit the 300th page
    If I catch anyone with hat here, I'll take it off for you mate. Congratulations.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    (Many years later, when accidentally watching "haridas" on TV, I found that the actress T R Rajakumari has close resemblances to this girl...let me post a pic of that actress here...)
    Holy Manohara, Batman, I always thought she was a fine looking lady back then. She was in Haridas too eh?
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    (thodarum)
    app, your biographic serial - with one-sided romance thrown in - is getting very interesting. Looking forward to the next part. Appadiye andha ponnu sight adicha payyan photo-vum podunga.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... glad I returned tonight to this thread.

this afternoon, I just enjoyed the composition, without reading App_eng's personal kahani ...fun!

oh! the lyrics by Vaali. thanks, Plum.

Raja kaiya vechaa.... pouring violin, foot tapping drum rolls, trumpets, pauses add more pleasure! mega music indeed!

Repeat repeat repeat .... manasu aasai theerara varaikkum!

This album is a IR-SPB feast, app_eng.

vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 9th February 2012 at 11:06 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Er, I only heard the Kamal version of Raja kayai vacha, not SPB version
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    TR Rajakumari - kanavu kanni of the 40s iLaignars. According to app-ar(who no doubt was a sundarar going by his life-story of every other Kerala vanithai sight adichufying him ), her look-alike is the least beautiful among the least beautiful batch in his office. Hmmm...manushan vAzhkaila neRaiyavE rasichurukkAr...