Page 299 of 400 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    buggle,
    Like I said earlier, I have no idea about illam Looks like a comedian song (based on Plum's & jai's posts)...

A_S,
    Thank you for the reminder on the bommukkutty ammAvukku song. I wasn't sure if it was that popular (and it was the most irritating scene to me in that lovely movie)...may be so and we can schedule them in the 'list missed by app'

Plum,
    Interesting pointers on dhAyam

Param,
    varusham is listed as a 1989-er, we'll get to that song in due course

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nandri App anna

Few more doubts, when and what movies were these songs from (I have a feeling these could be Sathyraj movies)

1) Paatha kolusu satham ..... ??
    2) Vagai nathi oRam pOn maalai nEram
    3) engiruntho Ilanguyilin iniisai kEtu (bhrama ?? )

And I am not sure if any one here heard of an album called "Inisai mazhai" , I think it came around 1992/1993 . Awesome songs by IR + SPB but the film was a Flop, it had new commers and IIRC it had the younger version of "Vivek" ??
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    #283 வளையோசை கலகலகலவென கவிதைகள் படிக்குது
    குளுகுளு தென்றல் காற்றும் வீசுது
    (சத்யா, 1988 , லதா மங்கேஷ்கருடன்)

vaLaiyOsai from sathyA!

-one of the best TFM picturizations ever
    -one of the best TFM songs of last century
    -one of the best TFM songs of last millennium
    -one of the best TFM songs of IR's career
    -one of the best TFM songs ever
    -If someone has problems with any of the above statements, I'll be willing to have a oththaikku oththai physical fight

Much had been posted about this in the forum and I need not dwell on the greatness of this song over and over again. Palakkad started getting ChennaiththolaikkAtchi around the time of the release of this movie - thanks to the relay station located at Kodai hills - and the small portable B&W TV in the house of co-workers showed this song in 'oliyum oLiyum'. At the end of the program we rushed to catch the bus and watched the movie, as reported before in some thread. While the movie was another 'kalaichchelvam' from Mumbai, this song was a "leftover" from the NBW album per Kamal. The first TF song I loved in LM's voice and continue to listen on repeat often until now! SPB at his konjal best! This is another 'heard-best-in-minivan' kind of song.

I told in a post yesterday that a new story will start with this song. This tale is somewhat romantic but not due to romance. Sorry for the confusing start, can't help it as the whole "relationship" (i.e. if one can call it that way) was a confusing one. I'll get into the details starting from next song (that will be from the mega hit of 1989, AS) and only give some background in this post.

enna dhAn kattuppetti, self-control, women-covered-with-long-overcoats, strict factory discipline etc irundhAlum at the age of early 20's and being away from home / relatives, surrounded by beautiful Kerala vanithakaL for >8 hours, 6 days a week has to have some effect Though the initial thrill days of 1986 (immediate shift from dry thuvAkkudi to green Kerala) cannot be compared with what it was after 2 years, the silirppoos / chemical reactions were bound to be present.

Actually, not all were only thrills in 1986 even. When I first started in the workplace, the head of that department's women actually looked like the 'thAi dEvadhai' of Pinochchio (with me feeling like the marappAvai). The Thamizh book in which I read the story during school days had the picture of the fairy that got so strongly embedded in mind and this lady exactly resembled her. Add to that her monolisa smile & the oRRaikkal mookkuththi - one could keep looking at her face all the 8 hours

However, that she was married / cold / extremely beautiful etc made sure there was no "feelings". And so, it was more of bramippu than silirppu. Then came some fleeting glances with others here and there (like the bus-stop thingy mentioned in the 'vA veNNilA' song's post) but those were none long-lasting and nothing that had any real effect that could keep playing when the person was not present. So, I thought I was doing well - very responsble, not getting into any unnecessary trouble etc.

Until this girl started the trouble....(To be continued)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post

enna dhAn kattuppetti, self-control, women-covered-with-long-overcoats, strict factory discipline etc irundhAlum at the age of early 20's and being away from home / relatives, surrounded by beautiful Kerala vanithakaL for >8 hours, 6 days a week has to have some effect Though the initial thrill days of 1986 (immediate shift from dry thuvAkkudi to green Kerala) cannot be compared with what it was after 2 years, the silirppoos / chemical reactions were bound to be present.
    yOv ithu umakE nalla irukA (joking) , I was in this situation between 1997 - 2005 so many propOsals

I yaam the escape u
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Few more doubts
    1. pAdha kolusu satham - thirumathi pazhanichchAmy, 1992
    2. vaigai nathi Oram - rickshAw mAmA - 1992
    3. engirundhO iLanguyilin - brammA - 1991

innisai mazhai - 1992

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    1. pAdha kolusu satham - thirumathi pazhanichchAmy, 1992
    2. vaigai nathi Oram - rickshAw mAmA - 1992
    3. engirundhO iLanguyilin - brammA - 1991

innisai mazhai - 1992
    Thanks anna

Post Thanks / Like
    vaLaiyOsai youtube:

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App,
    No one can deny the fact that is one of the best song and composition in TFM, if not Indian film history. But what was the original movie, if this is kalaichelvam? I loved this movie a lot when it came (even now) and I remember watching consecutive night shows for atleast 3-4 days in Coimbatore. Kamal with his beard, looked dashing! Just for him and his acting, we should see this movie. Kamal's POtta madiyuthu was a non-stop song for me that time. And not to forget 'Nagaru Nagaru' was very popular among our college friends. SPB starts some wierd humming in between (after the calling bell), if I am not wrong. What a composition that is! Amala looked perfect in this one, as she pulled down compared to Mella Thiranthathu Kadhavu and her earlier movies. In another 2 years she went to extremes. Kamal-Amala, Beautiful pair to watch.

But, now more than the song, your story interests me a lot. Suspense'allam vechhi ekkachakkama expectations build-up pannitteenga.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    aahaa...app_eng hosts a mega ir-bala composition!

night vandhu enjoy pannaren .....

vinatha.

Post Thanks / Like
    V_S - original is Rahul Rawail's Arjun *ing Sunny Paaji