Page 296 of 400 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi to all, for the kind words & comments!

vA vA vanji iLamAnE youtube (picturization is ordinary but video quality is good):

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    #278 அதிகாலை நேரம் கனவில் உன்னைப்பார்த்தேன்
    (நான் சொல்வதே சட்டம், 1988 , ஆஷா போஸ்லேயுடன்)

adhikAlai nEram kanavil unnaippArththEn (nAn solvathe sattam, with Asha Bhosle)

Did I say light-weight songs for the next few days? May be so, from the hit status...but not really from a musical POV. This song had been first heard on a few bus journeys inside Cbe city and I searched around for the details. Obscure movie but possibly a money-bag producer, rich enough to sign-up the Mumbai singer. Or, it could be the other way around - AB came to Chennai for some other prime singing assignment (with salary / # of days fixed) and thanks to the extreme efficiency of rAsA's team, the studio could get a few more numbers recorded without spending much or anything at all

There's no other explanation to see a ton of AB songs on a movie that had a horrible title like this and an unknown Charanraj doing the lead role (if one goes by Thiraippadal listing of the hero's name). I don't think most people even heard the name of the movie. However, few IR admirers of 80's would have missed the sweet songs from this album. I got this one and another duet (again same pair, will post tomorrow) recorded on a Sony cassette and treated myself regularly those days. These two numbers are among my favourite IR-AB numbers (though these songs didn't earn a place like sheNbagamE in my heart).

The melody is superb and very soothing and SPB's singing is like mayiliRagu koNdu varudal. BTW, the lady who was born in 1933 and started her singing career in 1943 sings this song very nice too

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    app,
    adhikalai kanavil.. nice pick. aasha paati nu solala. thanks.
    Naan solvadhae sattam.. elalm nalla irukum. aasha nos. Thanks for the pick app. Indha TFM page ku vandhu dhan
    indha paatai naan theirnjinden...........

ennoda most favourite no of aasha and SPB.

sandhoshamana Sivaranjani?
    Usha Sankar

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks App for highlighting this song. Thanks. Superb song! Yes, Asha ji's voice does not sound old at all. Her diction is surprisingly good. Thiraipadal quality is excellent.

Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi Usha chEchi & V_Sji!

There are also a few youtubes (audio only) of this song that have nice audio quality.

I don't think anyone has posted the picturization on the net (better not )

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App anna
    There was another SPB + AB combo, called "oru thEvathai vanthath mana sirai" was that from the same movie?

I like SPB+AB songs, except the fact AB pronunciation of Butter fly in the butter fly song! While SPB says Oh butter fly with such style, she says butteRRRR fly
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    #279 ஒரு தேவதை வந்தது
    (நான் சொல்வதே சட்டம், 1988 , ஆஷா போஸ்லேயுடன்)

oru dEvadhai vandhadhu (from nAn solvathE sattam with Asha Bhosle)

What a lovely song!

Though I used to make fun of the 'aLakiya dEvadhai' pronunciation of AB those days, there's no question about her excellent singing in this song that takes it to a different level (and I'm positive my fav SJ would have taken it to an even better level). SPB thoroughly enjoys singing as well, while the orchestration is kept to mostly "support mode" to let the melody take the driver's seat. Listening to songs like this on the headphone, lying down in the bed on a calm & silent night with absolutely no disturbances around is what I can call "bliss".

That such a song didn't go unnoticed in TN despite occuring in an obscure movie and got enough air time / bus time etc were possible simply because of the environment that got created by the rAsA phenomenon. (Unfortunately, that had been taken away by late 90's. Nowadays, it appears it's almost impossible for songs that are neither from successful movies nor highly promoted movies to get any kind of recognition. A very different music scene today. This phenomenon is like 'nirabarAthikku dhaNdanai' and is more irritating than the 'kuRRavALi thappiththal' aka popularity of undeserving numbers).

Anyways, like I mentioned before, this song brings me more memories of lachchumi complex and other Cbe roaming arounds. I think I've posted before about the Raja street's Tiffin House in some thread. I had a short-term-room-mate who finished his engg in Cbe and was aware of this place. He introduced me the joint which is on that cross street to oppaNakkAra street and was always crowded (the idlees, dOsais and the variety of chutnies - kathrikkA chutney famous -were all delicious) and one had to wait for the "rationing" much like the college mess. Well, mouth watering memories!

BTW, has any hubber watched this nAn solvathE sattam movie? If so, why not share the experience?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    App anna
    There was another SPB + AB combo, called "oru thEvathai vanthath mana sirai" was that from the same movie?
    Posted today

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post

SPB thoroughly enjoys singing as well, while the orchestration is kept to mostly "support mode" to let the melody take the driver's seat. Listening to songs like this on the headphone, lying down in the bed on a calm & silent night with absolutely no disturbances around is what I can call "bliss".

Exactly! This is exactly what I do, listen to such songs when no one is at home, dangerously addictive romantic song! Listen to the bit when SPB starts "Chandira oorkolam kandEn manN meethu"! Excellent Only SPB possible!

Thanks for such wonder full write ups Anna, I have thoroughly enjoyed all the post and thanks again for your “one man contribution” to such divine thread!
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 3rd February 2012 at 10:45 PM.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post

அதிகாலை நேரம் கனவில் உன்னைப்பார்த்தேன்
    Kudos to a_e, for long time i have listened to both these songs not bothered to find the movie name...thx a_e