Page 295 of 400 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry - changed my mind once I saw the movie list

It has karagam in it - so no poll / no choice / no appeal - it will be mAnguyilE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    and on occasions sang for hero & comedian too (ullAsappaRavaikaL). Not surprising, considering his versatility!
    http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp...153%27&lang=en

Few days back reading about "The Dirty Picture" and few more clicks I ended up with "வா மச்சான் வா வண்ணாரப்பேட்டை" from Vandichakkaram. Listening to this song, it appears the MD (Shankar Ganesh) cut loose SPB when recording this song.

This song features Suruli on screen (ie., If you can take your eyes away from other person on the screen, you can actually see Suruli).
    Last edited by genesis; 2nd February 2012 at 03:08 AM.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dharmadurai is before Thalapathi only. I remember Dharmadurai releasing in my Class IX pongal holidays and Thalapathy in my Class X diwali hols!

baroque,
    Kinetic honda nenachaale nyabagam varuvadhu indha comment from a friend's college yearbook about a fellow classmate:
    "You will cry if you think of the fate,
    Of the kinetic honda that bears her weight"

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interestingly, however, the Palakkadan thing that comes to mind w.r.t. this song is the barber shop on the road from Sultanpet to Fort maidAn Well, there were quite a few on that road and I was not loyal to any one of them. There was one shop that worked even on Tuesdays (which were holidays for saloons in general) where I landed on some Tuesdays. Then there was another that used electric machines (and finished the job in < 10 min, that is before I dozed off) where I went when in a hurry. However, the most visited one was the slow fellow that had a nice music system and played film songs, including the TF ones. Whenever he played TF songs, they invariably were rAsA's and there's no wonder it was my preferred destination.
    Oh, where would our music tastes be without the friendly neighborhood hair-cutting saloon guys and their peculiar spellings?[ ஸம்மர் - Rs 8, ஸ்டெப் - Rs 10, பங்கு - Rs 12 ; பங்கு is extremely funny!!!] "I want to tell you something" was first heard by me at one such saloon.

I recollect the electric machines used by barbers: they resembled a mini-lawn mower and produced sound like a Fighter Jet. I used to pray my ears would remain intact after a haircut session where these frightening machines were used. How happy I was when shops stopped using these machines sometime in early 90s!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry - changed my mind once I saw the movie list

It has karagam in it - so no poll / no choice / no appeal - it will be mAnguyilE
    App sir, Nalla choice !

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If not mistaken, the Prabhu song was also meant for Rajini, and when Rajini heard there was no duet for Prabhu, he asked for this song to be for Ilayathilagam. Of course, this is one the fans "see how our talaivar so humble" routines that I heard elsewhere. Whatever it is, it balances, enough duet for each, and one for both. Mother's favourite is Kandupudichen, as app said, tailor-made for the very versatile SPB.

Loved the little expose on the motorbike (how we call here, instead of the very literal two-wheeler) industry there . Enakku two-wheeler, whether motorcycle or bicycle, remba bayam. Injured my knees during a bicycle race, and used that as my excuse for pre-mature retirement from football considering I suck at it compared to my awesome two brothers.

App, two for you.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    App-Sir

Though Manguile is one of the greatest songs, I would love to see any of the "Apoorva Sagodharargal" songs for #300.

The movie where IR made a big difference, be it songs or RR, IR stands tall. You can almost watch the movie eyes closed, and you still could judge what is happening thanks to some excellent background score.

Kamal may have done a lot of hard work, but IR easily wins ..

Thanks for the great work..

Bala

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with Bala. Raja Kaiya Vecha (SPB version) from AS will be an apt choice for #300.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    al_gates,

mmm... that's very insensitive
    people want to read yearbook when they want to look back.
    you don't want to write something nasty about somebody.

App_eng.

Vaavaa vanji ilamaaney..... is a big hit always.
    plenty of violin orchestration. Indeed SPB.

yeah, Balaji,

Aboorva sagodharargal - outstanding album from Ilayaraja.

Bala sang a Rocknroll, B&R & emotive pathos.

One awesome album for Kamal.

vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 2nd February 2012 at 10:32 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    #277 வா வா வஞ்சி இளமானே
    (குரு சிஷ்யன், 1988 , சித்ராவுடன்)

vA vA vanji iLamAnE from Guru shishyan

A number of websites list this song as a Mano song. Is there a Mano version on the cassette or something like that
    Sorry App anna,

If this was the case, it is a serious insult to the great SPB! The company owning the websites/audio tapes should have been sued!
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye