Page 294 of 400 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dig
    \\
    Wasn't Dharmathin thalaivan , Dharmadurai released on the same year as guru shisyan?
    //
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi Param, rajkumarc, V_Sji and baroque!

Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Dig
    \\
    Wasn't Dharmathin thalaivan , Dharmadurai released on the same year as guru shisyan?
    //
    Remember we've discussed 'then madhurai vaigai nadhi' as the starting song of the year 1988? (From dharmaththin thalaivan).

Dharmadurai wasn't a 1988-er, it's probably a 1991 movie...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Well, when the drinking Rajini appeared on screen, there was such a roaring response from front benchers - throwing coins and what not! I haven't seen such a scene in theater even for MGR movies in TN and was surprised / shocked!
    Ellam antha Ishtyle ku
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Dharmadurai wasn't a 1988-er, it's probably a 1991 movie...
    Oh 1991 It came after thalapathy, for some reason it looked older than Thalapathy

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's cool, Param!

during 90s, when I was riding my Kinetic Honda scooter, some of my cousins
    drove Yamaha. When we go out like trips to beaches etc...

கிண்டல் பண்ணுவானுங்க...
    தத்தி தத்தி வராதாடி... அப்படின்னு! என்னோட குட்டி பையனை வேற, மாமாவோட வாடான்னு!
    போடா டேய்!
    my girl with a push button , start ! ready to carry me places classes, hospitals, to run my errands... smooth & fun!

Mahindra stopped it now.

cool girl , third aa vara paarunga namba Kinetic Honda! You are rocking, girl!

first TVS-50.

my cool vaganangal.jpg

Vinatha
    Last edited by baroque; 1st February 2012 at 10:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque View Post
    கிண்டல் பண்ணுவானுங்க...
    தத்தி தத்தி வராதாடி... அப்படின்னு! என்னோட குட்டி பையனை வேற, மாமாவோட வாடான்னு!
    போடா டேய்!
    Oh First Time, I saw this Honda Kinetic on google Images, I have never seen this over here, perhaps they never sold this model over here. You one was a scooter rather than bike that is why it may have been slow

Ithu ennoda Honda 1383620_600.jpg

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    cool!

என்னோட cousins , அவனுங்க சும்மா! பொழுது போகாம என்ன கிண்டல் பண்ணுவானுங்க!

நானு, என்னோட குட்டிப் பையன், my வாகனம்-scooter, one bunch of attractive குரூப் on the road !

என்னோட girl is cool ! she flied high ! City drive is awesome!

vinatha
    Last edited by baroque; 1st February 2012 at 10:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    @ vinatha akka

Post Thanks / Like
    #277 வா வா வஞ்சி இளமானே
    (குரு சிஷ்யன், 1988 , சித்ராவுடன்)

vA vA vanji iLamAnE from Guru shishyan

A number of websites list this song as a Mano song. Is there a Mano version on the cassette or something like that (some "track" versions used to make it to the cassette those days)? In any case, this was the time period Mano was trying to sing exactly like SPB and thus there was some confusion among listeners. Especially songs that are not sung in the "regular / normal" voice. (e.g. adichchidu kottam of Indiran Chandiran). It is also possible that the netizens automatically assume a Prabhu song in a Rajini film cannot be in SPB's voice but had to be with a another singer Interestingly, Mano sang for Rajini in the 'jingadi-jingadi-enakku' in this movie, SPB sang for Rajini in 'kaNdu pudichchEn' and then for Prabhu the 'vA vA vanji iLamAnE'...kind of confusing!

There was no such confusion possible in the prior (MGR-Sivaji) era. If there's an album with TMS & PBS songs and the movie had Sivaji & Gemini, we can automatically assume that TMS sang for Sivaji and PBS for Gemini However, these kind of equations didn't apply with the arrival of SPB. SPB sang for multiple heroes on the same movie as in this case (or pattAkkaththi bhairavan) and on occasions sang for hero & comedian too (ullAsappaRavaikaL). Not surprising, considering his versatility!

An OK song, nice singing and soft-on-ears-orchestration! While I didn't seek out to listen to this song those days, never got irritated when it played on public address systems! I should add that in the middle of the saraNam, there's a very lovable portion
    Last edited by app_engine; 2nd February 2012 at 12:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a five more "light weight" numbers in 1988 before we close with the grand last number of the bearded Kamal.

So, this year will close without even touching the #290. So, #300 has to be from 1989!

As there're going to be only some light-weights in the coming days (and I don't have that much nostalgic memories about them also), why not start now some discussions on what will be the best pick to have the triple century tag?

May be I'll throw in a few numbers and let's see what gets picked!