Page 293 of 400 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    பூந்தோட்டக் காவல்காரன்
    mmm...

நீங்களும் ஹல்வா visual treat கொடுத்து இருக்கீங்களா along with ஸ்வீட் சித்ரா's composition .

நான் நேத்திக்கு அசோகா ஹல்வா prepare செய்தேன் for my family for snack .

At my grand town of Tanjore, we prepare some native dishes that are delicious.
    தஞ்சாவூர் அசோகா, சுருள் போளி, தஞ்சாவூர் அப்பம் , இட்லி's side dishes கடப்பா, கொத்சு, breakfast தவள அடை etc...are popular.
    தஞ்சாவூர் அசோகா ஸ்வீட் கல்யாணங்களில் போடுவாங்க.

red colour ley warm and beautiful sweet. we relish it.

anyway....

I think bgm chorus humming/flute/violin of the lilting, jumpy tune - Mano-Chithra duet PAARAAMAL PAARTHTHA NENJAM.......,
    hubby pampering pregnant wife SINDHIYA VENMANI.... stole my attention.

Raja surprised us by giving a kuththu pattu to Shri.Yesudas.

With this album, Mano and Yesudas stole the spotlight from SPB.

Vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 31st January 2012 at 03:25 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App,
    Very nice and soothing song, paadaatha themmaangu, with your interesting bachelor party and a malayalam punch line.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    BTW, 'nAththu' is kochchaiththamizh...written word is 'nARRu' (நாற்று)
    Many thanks for the detailed explanation
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi baroque & V_Sji!

Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    with your interesting bachelor party
    Interestingly, his would-be was from my birthplace & so the marriage was there

Another reason for an interesting bus-journey filled with songs and visit to the chithi's home & in turn some chithappA's recording center indulgences

Life's eththanai eththanai kochu kochu santhOshangaL!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    #276 கண்டு புடிச்சேன் கண்டு புடிச்சேன்
    (குரு சிஷ்யன், 1988 )

kaNdupudichchEn kaNdupudichchEn of Guru Shishyan.

Song tailor-made for SPB's kuRumboos & kuzhaivoos and he simply excels with his modulations! rAsA too in jolly mood with his concoction of shenoy / guitar / flute / tabla to create the total fun mood. Lyricist didn't have much work to do but fill-in with mAnE thEnE words and it was cake-walk for the jAmbavAns Rajinikanth & Prabhu to enjoy on the screen to thrill the audience. Full of kuRumbu / ELanam and what not! I remember thoroughly enjoying this song in the useless New (Devidurga) theater in Palakkad when the movie arrived. Not a great film but provided enough fun, some laughter and light-hearted moments. Only worthy song, IMHO...though there were a few other songs that became very popular as well, because of the Rajini factor.

Was the first movie for Gautami, who happened to be a collegemate of one of my former teammates (who unfortunately died recently and was my facebook contact, because of him Gautami's facebook name used to pop up every now and then, telling, "one common friend"). I don't think she finished her engg, possibly discontinued due to the movie chance to act with Rajinikanth. Unquestionably beautiful and talented actress! (Supposedly brainy as well, to the extent of giving intellectual companionship to Kamal!)

Well, this song is about friends / friendship and I'm talking about girlie...let me switch to the friends topic With that, let me also give some "historical background" about the travails of TN-youngsters in late-80's, with respect to owning / riding a motorcycle!

It's pretty plain from my posts in this thread that an engineer with middle-class background from TN (me the average sample) had to go to work in "bus" (often footboard) and not have a 2 or 4 wheeler during 80's! This may be shocking (for some youngsters) to read! However, that had to be understood in the context.

Until the arrival of "Ind-Suzuki 100cc" bikes in 1984-85, the auto scene in India was dismal. All unreliable bullet / jAwA / rAjdhoothan bikes that were too-heavy, problem filled, gas-drunkards and few produced in numbers...Or scooters that were fit only to carry milk-cans (Lambretta). bajaj had scooters too but they looked like the "3idiots chairs" (and run worse than idiots) but sold at a premium and had to be booked, wait for years or buy with US$

Well, it was great when Hero Honda 4 stroke bikes arrived around the time I started my first job ("Fill it - shut it - forget it", claiming > 70 kmpl) and there was years of waiting after booking one. On top of such limited availability, the agencies were only in big-cities (Palakkad was not one). So, among the 100 or so of engineers in my workplace, only 10 or so had motorcycles until 1988 (there was not even a parking lot, these stood on the panchayat road in sun and rain). Since the personnel department (see, it was not "HR" then) disallowed officEzhs coming in ordinary cycles, we had to either walk or bus.

I didn't want to ride a 50cc moped like my dad so decided to wait until I get a 100cc. Then there was this "financing" problem. First two years we were "trainee engineers" with stipend and not salary so no one would give us that Rs 17000 loan So, I had been bussing for 3.5 years. Now, where do "friends" come in this story?

Well, bussing doesn't mean not learning to ride a 100cc One of my buddies had a Hero Honda and was a nice guy to let others try it and most engineers in that workplace learnt to ride a bike using his! I still remember him with gratitude as it was unusual for people who had that prized possession to let others ride (my mostly-travelling-room-mate an ejjAmple, he'll leave his Hero Honda locked in another friend's home when away, never let me or others try it, though we went to the same workplace)!

Well, that nice friend set such a good example that when I eventually had mine (not HH - couldn't wait - but KB 100 in 1989), that became another 'trainer vaNdi'

Friend should be one when in need!
    Last edited by app_engine; 31st January 2012 at 11:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice write up app anna

I guess the next song would be intoxicatingly romantic "vaa vaa vanchi ila maanE" SPB excells in high octaves in this song, but some how IMHO I felt KSC went a bit squeeky here just like in the song "Anjali Anjali Pushpanjali"
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 1st February 2012 at 04:11 PM.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    App - you have a great sense of humor. The way you described the Two-wheeler market in India during the 80s made me

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App,
    Very nice reminiscence of two-wheeler stories. In fact, I drove two wheeler (yamaha rx100) only to get license, never owned one nor drove one on road much. Always bus, train or my lovable bicycle, my best friend during my bachelor days.
    Guru Sishyan had another beautiful song, Maane Vanji ILa Maane right? I love that song.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nostalgic two wheeler kahani, app_eng!

I am one of those million Indian ladies enjoyed
    Kinetic Honda premium scooters.

Riding in my scooter when we lived at B'lore- malleswaram
    and
    Chennai , Wow! Nungambakkam high road or kasturi rangan salai or trips to shopping, veg buying, pandi bazar or beaches trips ..AWESOME! Freedom, நம்ப காரியங்களை நம்ப பாக்கலாம்...no need to depend on others!

Very recently my family sold my scooter.

even recently insisted my father to buy & keep a scooter, useful when we visit Madras or B'lore,

though we don't want our elderly 75 yr old uncles or parents to drive them.
    வீட்டுலே இருந்தா ஆட்டோ பிடிக்க மாட்டங்க or டிரைவர் call பண்ண மாட்டங்க .. அதான் பயம்!

I love my Kinetic Honda!

vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 1st February 2012 at 06:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque View Post
    I love my Kinetic Honda!
    They are the best Bike and to some extent car manufacturers in the world , You just cant beat a Honda! I am thinking of getting a Honda Fireblade see below Attachment 1052