Page 290 of 400 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post

அது ஒரு கருத்து (read like gunA cassette Kamal)

From my music listening POV, I can enjoy the whole 'rAsAththi manasila' on repeat for days nowadays.

OTOH, my hand reaches out involuntarily for the 'skip' button immediately after the prelude for 'rAkkammA kaiyaththattu'.

The rAsAththi genre has longer lasting power than rAkkammA genre, IMHO...
    app - It is unfair to pass judgement just using one song. ( watching too much presidential debate?!!) Yes, there were great songs from some Ramarajan movies (EOP, Karagattakkaran etc), the overall result was IR's TFM output quality was deteriorating.

Thinking aloud, the success of "urban" ARR was to some extend a revolt against this "village" trend.
    Last edited by genesis; 27th January 2012 at 11:45 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vaasalile poosanip poo - my late grand mother's favourite song. Very catchy and ramarajan of those days had lesser powder lipstick on his face compared to
    what we saw later and therefore even the video was nice to watch.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    Thinking aloud, the success of "urban" ARR was to some extend an revolt against this "village" trend.
    IR worked in Ramarajan movies from 1986 to 93. During those period and also post 93, IR continuously involved in rural/urban based films featuring Satyaraj, Vijayakanth, Murali, Karthik, Prabu, Pandiyarajan, Kamal, Rajini..etc. Post 93, big and notable projects did not go often to IR. Thats how, IR's stamp was slowly fading out.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    Vaasalile poosanip poo - my late grand mother's favourite song. Very catchy and ramarajan of those days had lesser powder lipstick on his face compared to
    what we saw later and therefore even the video was nice to watch.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quite a slow long fading out this - i must say.. his detractors must be wondering why doesnt he go kapupt just like that..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's an interesting analysis, genesis

i.e.

1. IR was working with Ramarajan / Raj Kiran / Kasthuri Raja kind of guys, driving the urban TN-ers crazy who craved for better music
    2. This contributed to ARR capturing the urban TN-ers and IR's fall
    3. This whole phenomenon being the worst thing to happen to TFM

(BTW, needless to say I mostly agree on 2 & 3 ; it does not matter if I agree on 1 or not. We both agree on majority of items )

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    my 2˘..credit to Swamigal to churn out gems inspite of the talents he had to contend with..on bbc tamil interview still remember him chiding the musical sensibilities of directors in TFM when asked about Thendral Vandhu Theendum Podhu from Avatharam..no offense to Nassar what possibly he would have said of the song situation/placement which could have triggered him to come up with this gem. So the end result did justify the means with respect to working with supposedly lesser talents.
    Gaana Kalaadhara Gandharva Gaana Lola Kaliyuga Gaana Thilaga
    Nadha Brahma Kochchappa Brother Seshappa

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1. IR was working with Ramarajan / Raj Kiran / Kasthuri Raja kind of guys, driving the urban TN-ers crazy who craved for better music
    2. This contributed to ARR capturing the urban TN-ers and IR's fall
    3. This whole phenomenon being the worst thing to happen to TFM

[/i]
    Just like I said, you have become very good debater even though there is not much logic.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzy View Post
    inspite of the talents he had to contend with..

That was his choice. But OTOH, he has given us amazing music working with even lesser talents in the early 80s.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vaasalile Poosanipoo is a wonderful song. IR-folk version2 has its own charm. I would take that any day over any other folk music composed by other MDs during the same time period. Keep them coming App, looking forward to more such numbers from 90s as well.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a plan to start a PS thread in IR forum to post one song per week, with the posts entirely in Thamizh.
    Why not English Saar?

'This is a page for TAMIL music' nu yaarum solla vendaam. Tamil-la weak-a irunthaalum some of us come here because we still love to hear tamil music