Page 289 of 400 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    nanRi, V_Sji for the kind words!

rAsA music
    Oh thanks, eagerly waiting for your write up of the song "Othamal oru naalum iruka vendam" from this movie
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    #272 வாசலிலே பூசணிப்பூ வச்சுப்புட்டா வச்சுப்புட்டா
    (செண்பகமே செண்பகமே , 1988 , ஜானகியுடன்)

I think this is the first song we feature in this collection where SPB sang for Ramarajan. So, let's welcome makkaL nAyakan aka pasu nEsan to the thread! (The previous hit albums had other singers; enga ooru pAttukkAran was perhaps the first big hit music album of IR-Ramarajan combo and it featured mainly Mano...there was no SPB in grAmaththu minnal or enga ooru kAvakkAran).

Very colorful celebrity (not just based on his shirt colors but his "Hollywood style marriage-divorce", indulgence in politics etc apart from his "once-upon-a-time-ability" to get people to watch "colorful" nAdan movies...looks like he is a "puli pasiththAlum pullaiththinnAdhu" category; i.e. didn't switch to character artist role to ensure money-flow but still trying to release movies as a hero it seems...did his 'mEdhai' release for this pongal?). Well, regardless of his otherwise career, what interests us most is his association with IR as MD that enriched TFM so much! I would even go to the extent of saying that IR had created a new genre in TFM during his association with this grAmaththu hero!

This song is a quintessential example of such genre - the "IR-TFM-folk-Ver.2" genre as I would like to call - which is distinctly different from what he did during his initial days (read annakkiLi / chittukkuruvi) and during his association with BR. These are not complex in orchestration or construction like the machchAna / sendhoorappoovE kinds, IMHO. Typically these IR-TFM-folk-V2 songs have simple construction : signature tabla-bass-chords background, prelude / interludes using plenty of flute, sweettO sweet folk melodies and vocals given upperhand to orchestration! Also, while the lyrics weren't earth-shattering, they were down-to-earth and not boring or irritating. Take the case of this 'vAsalilE poosaNippoo' pallavi - it instantly brings to mind the village or small-town street scene where girls decorate the kOlam with poosaNippoo while also decorating the streets with their own presence (hA, all that morning freshness)

I think that kind of "being-part-and-parcel-of-daily-life-of-ordinary-TN-public" was behind the success of such movies. While the movies, scenes, performances of other artists can be simplified that way for Ramarajan movies, the same cannot be said about rAsA music. They were definitely out-of-ordinary! In the sense that regardless of how a typical HCIRF views them as simple, they were above a minimum level that cannot be reached by other MDs. Neither were they "catchy for the time but disappear in a while" kinds. I can enjoy these for a lifetime! (Recently 'rAsAththi manasula' was on repeat on my car for many days and I have a plan to start a PS thread in IR forum to post one song per week, with the posts entirely in Thamizh).

Under those considerations, poosaNippoo is a landmark song for the SPB-IR-SJ combo as it can be considered the first for the combo in this "genre"

On a personal note, I didn't notice this song during 80's at all. During mid-90's, during a bus travel from Madurai to V'nagar was the first time I heard this song - after hours of attack on my ears with what I call 'nArAsam'...Oh, what a refreshing change this song proved to be to me on that day!
    Last edited by app_engine; 27th January 2012 at 08:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    makkaL nAyakan aka pasu nEsan
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    செண்பகமே செண்பகமே திரைப்படம் எங்க ஊருக்கு அருகேயுள்ள ஒரு திரையரங்கில் 42 நாட்கள் தொடர்ச்சியாக ஓடி சாதனை புரிந்தது. எங்க வீட்டிலிருந்து மாட்டு வண்டியில் குடும்பமாக புறப்பட்டு இரண்டாவது ஆட்டத்திற்கு சென்றோம். இனிமையான காலங்கள். ராமராஜன், ரேகா, விஸ்வம், கவுண்டமணி, செந்தில், ராஜாவின் முத்தான பாடல்கள். வாசலிலே பூசணிப்பூ: பாடல் என்ற தனிப்பட்ட முறையிலாகட்டும், திரைப்படக் காட்சிகளாட்டும் என்றும் மனதில் நிற்கக்கூடியது. பாலு - ஜானகி கூட்டணியில் சிறந்த பத்து என்றாலும் அதிலொன்றாக இடம்பெறும்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    his association with IR as MD that enriched TFM so much!
    I do not have any choice but to register my strongest objections to this sentence.... IMHO, IR's association with Ramarajan (also Raj Kiran, Kasthuri Raja) was the worst thing to happen ever for TFM and IR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Raama rasan survived only because of IR!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    IMHO, IR's association with Ramarajan (also Raj Kiran, Kasthuri Raja) was the worst thing to happen ever for TFM and IR.

அது ஒரு கருத்து (read like gunA cassette Kamal)

From my music listening POV, I can enjoy the whole 'rAsAththi manasila' on repeat for days nowadays.

OTOH, my hand reaches out involuntarily for the 'skip' button immediately after the prelude for 'rAkkammA kaiyaththattu'.

The rAsAththi genre has longer lasting power than rAkkammA genre, IMHO...

Post Thanks / Like
    'rAsAththi manasila'
    ithu namma Thilagam paadinathila
    arumaiyana paadal highly suthapified by thilagam!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    I do not have any choice but to register my strongest objections to this sentence.... IMHO, IR's association with Ramarajan (also Raj Kiran, Kasthuri Raja) was the worst thing to happen ever for TFM and IR.
    -1. எப்படி உங்களை தண்டிப்பது? வாசலிலே பூசணிப்பூ திரைப்படப் பாடலை நூறு முறை கண்டுகளியுங்கள் !!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...