Page 256 of 400 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Needless to say, the song plays automatically in the mind as soon as I see Swathi Muthyam on print. Sadly, age is catching up and I seem to have forgotten some lines but never mind, the interludes are firmly implanted in the mind. Lyrics were written by someone else, after all. Raja's work will stay in the mind, eh? Firmly sticking to that conviction.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome Plum. It must be tough to remove the VF Hunter uniform, and don back IR/KV fan uniform. Wish I could see the Tamizh/Telugu lyrics side by side in full, the Telugu one translated. Wishful thinking...
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not tough at all grouch - remember, multi-tasking?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Punnaimaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent Plum. It made me want to watch this song immediately rather than the one posted. Even I would like the lyrics in Telugu with the translation.(not trans-literation as people tend to do regularly)
    இந்தக் காட்டில் எந்த மூங்கில் இசைக்க வல்லது என்று மயங்கிய பொழுது
    இறைவன் தேர்ந்தெடுத்தப் புல்லாங்குழல் தான் நம் இசைஞானி !!

Post Thanks / Like
    (Translation pOtturukkEnE).

Post Thanks / Like
    Emotionally, Swathi Muthyam has a bigger hook than Saagara Sangamam in terms of songs - as V-S put it, the latter celebrates art an intelllect although KV being KV the human relationship touches are there but the former is full-on IR only territory - subtle emotions, specific milieu, tenderness in relationships. This piece iR only fossible. As a bonus, I-d like to pick "Enadu Vidi poni" from Sri KanakaMahalaxmi drama troupe", a later movie but is picked from a crucial BGM piece of this song. Coincidentally, the lyrics of that song have relevance to Swathi Muthyam's situation, too.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent Film (Sirpikul muthu), kamal simply excels! These kinds of roles are tailor made for kamal Ji I like "Thuzhi thuzhi neepadama seethaiyamma" , "raaman kathai keladi" and "Varamthantha saamiku" by PS more than any other songs.

I would like to mention, this is one of the song in which SPB hits Lower octave(note1) alias Muthalankattai with ease in the beginning of the song thulli thulli, most singers struggle extremely to achieve this, even the classically trained one (with the exception of Dr KJY/ Dr BMK). Only SPB possible!

App anna , eagerly waiting for your experience with this song
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 22nd December 2011 at 10:25 PM.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is suffocating to read Plum's post, it oozing with Telugu pride. (I am not saying it is bad... but I think he gets very emotional with KV movies for some unknown reason). So to bring us back to ground...here is my 2 cents.

While KV's Sanakarabaranam and Saagara Sangamam are great movies, I feel "Swathi Muthyam" and "Subha Sankalpam" are fake - particularly Subha Sankalpam. I **guess** the main reason is the first 2 movies told the story of Telugu Brahmin families, whereas other 2 do not.

Plum - What community does the hero and heroine belong to in Swathi Muthyam? I believe they are not TB, right?

As an outsider (non-Telugu), I could be totally wrong.
    Last edited by genesis; 22nd December 2011 at 09:16 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Stellar one Plum! You have minutely identified every piece of this composition and given an in-depth analysis. I could not pick the better ones as everything was best. As I read your narration with some excellent lyrics translation, all the musical elements comes along without any hinderance, especially the second interlude, divine! You said it all.

"if you dont feel wet with the waters of Godavari on your body, you are Shakespeare's villain fit only for treasons, strategems and spoils." ---> Only Plum fossible!

I felt wet, but this time in my eyes too! Your write-up tempts me to watch this extra-ordinary film again, will be watching it tonight.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post

While KV's Sanakarabaranam and Saagara Sangamam are great movies,
    IMHO, I would Rate KVM's Shanaraparanam much higher than Saagara Sangamam in terms of Both the story line and music wise, Shankaraparanam was heavily Carnatic based music, where else Saagara Sangamam was more or less like "semi classical".

And again IMHO , you can not beat KVM in Heavy Carnatic based music!
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye