Page 253 of 400 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    app as usual.

I love the fridge song, and the tenacity of the film-makers to come up with the silly concept of giant sets.

NOT....as hardcore as I was then, truly hated the film and loved the songs. I think even the film format was differently shot (wide screen one, and normal one).
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    During Virumaandi release, there was an interview of Thalaivar done by Madhan. He just went ballistic talking about the lyrics of this song - challenging why nobody questioned the vulgarity of the lyrics of songs like these (deliberately picking a song from his film rather than someone else's) but were up in arms about his film titles, commenting about cuss-words, kissing scenes etc in his films (@ sports shoes Krishnaswamy and Thol Thiruma). He was seething in this interview and he was like "Naan onnu kekkaren, 'naan pooveduthu vekkanum pinnaala' - appadinna enna artham?" - Madhan was clearly uncomfortable and would try to shift the topic, IIRC
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Youtubela kedaikkumA?
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe. Will church and post from home, if i find it

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    - btw, sports shoes? Romba high rangekku poikitturukkinga puriyala

Post Thanks / Like
    Avaru eppavum sport shoes dhaan pottruppaaru-nga

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    and also Peter England Shirts
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "pooveduthu vekkanum pinnaala' - appadinna enna artham?"
    idhu double meaning na, eppadi purinjukardhu? idhu adhuva?

Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi, groucho!

I posted only one song during the weekend, so two songs are due today. Needless to say both of them'll be from the same NOT movie...

Post Thanks / Like
    #232 செம்பருத்திப்பூவே
    (நானும் ஒரு தொழிலாளி, 1986 , ஜானகியுடன்)

During the initial couple of listens of this song, I never associated it with IR (though I was slightly doubtful here and there, got confused as to whether this is some Shankar-Ganesh's recent trick or some new IR-wannabe). Also, didn't know that this was from the same movie as nAn pooveduththu vaikkaNum pinnAlE - a song that had clear IR-stuff (right from the rhythm of the pallavi which was similar to chinnanjiRu kiLiyE). I didn't like the song with its yah-hoo kind of sounds and was sure it was not from IR. Unfortunately for me, it was an IR-Kamal song as found out in a "sound-shop" in a lane in the same "Sultanpet Junction" area of Palakkad

When one comes from the workplace, you get dropped off about 100 meters before the junction. To go the "College road" (that leads to Victoria College) and catch another bus near the "Head post office", we normally take a side lane. The side lane at one point of time had this 'TSM textile' shop which was a branch of Coimbatore Shoba (the biggest cloth shop in Cbe OppanakkAra street owned by Malayali muslims in early 80's and got destroyed by arsonists during a religious riot). There was this "sound shop" with huge speakers, serial-light-sets etc that was blasting 'nan pooveduththu' followed by this song. A few similar "together-listens-on-buses-later-on" confirmed the sad fact that this was indeed an IR number. I still don't like this number but want to record here that it was a SPB-SJ-IR hit.

Before I close the post, want to register my love for Shoba shop. I liked it. It was then the Coimbatore equivalent of Trichy Saradhas. Where you can get fabrics for all costs. And readymades as well. I got the first pant-shirt after I started earning from that shop and got stitched in the Ambassador tailor in X-cut road. Fond memory. Also, prior to my first trip abroad, I got a lot of clothes from the same store with the "outfit allowance" given by the employer.

That was why I was sad when the store got torched and this song connects me to that lane, TSM textiles & to Shoba
    Last edited by app_engine; 19th December 2011 at 10:35 PM.