Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    That must be theeyani mallelu poochenu vELA...what is mellavai

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi al_gates & balaji!

BTW, al_gates, sorry for creating some confusion with my post.

kadOrakkavidhaikaL the movie has nothing to do with Coimbatore / Palakkad / Walayar / Kerala at all As clearly indicated on screen, those were from the Kumari mAvattam. It's my nostalgic memories that invoke places I lived in during the arrival of the album / movie / songs.

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a couple of KH movies already in 1986 (punnagai mannan, vikram). While there seems to be at least two more KH movies with SPB/IR (of them one a "dub", one an "oldie"), it may be spicier to jump to a RK movie prior to visiting them...

Well, mAveeran didn't have any SPB song - all MV show. The other RK/IR movie had 2 and we'll have them today & tomorrow.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't Kadalorakavithigal a BR movie staring Sathyaraj and Rekha? I have not seen the movie, but really loved the song "Poguthey poguthey" by SPB , kind of love related emotional song!, I did not think Sathyarj was apt for this movie, Karthik would have been better. AFAIK, I dont think this movie was a hit!
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a song by SPB along with a Female singer (sunantha ??? ) called "Oru maalai sooriyan malayai parthathu malai adivaarthile'.... some thing along these line, it is one hell of tune composed by IR. Can some one tell me the name of the movie pls ?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Adhu maalai chandiran - I think it is unnai vaazhthi paadugiren *ing Parthiban

Post Thanks / Like
    Param,
    kadalOrakkavidhaikaL had a decent run, otherwise it wouldn't have been possible for Satyaraj to have the career he had. (Ofcourse, he had other Manivannan movies in the pipeline that ensured his longevity but this had its impact as well)

Post Thanks / Like
    BR himself launched his next movie, vEdham pudhidhu, with Satyaraj (that too dropping IR). He couldn't have ventured so boldly with a recent flop

Post Thanks / Like
    #229 என்னம்மா கண்ணு சௌக்யமா?
    (மிஸ்டர் பாரத், 1986 , மலேசியா வாசுதேவனுடன்)

Fun song with some drums / guitar / trumpet sounds. Featuring Rajinikanth & Sathyaraj on screen. Another SPB-MV number in our compilation, after 'engengum kaNdEnammA' and 'namma modhalALi'. Like 'namma modhalALi', for an AVM movie, where SPB sings for the hero and MV for the anti-hero character. Some loLLu / ridicule stuff in the lyrics to rev up the movie proceedings I think. (Didn't have a chance to watch this movie, every attempt to watch the song on youtube didn't last beyond a minute thanks to some disturbance or other).

I have heard this song mostly on buses or loudspeakers / involuntarily. Never had a great liking for it but compelled to document it here because this was a hit song. I never thought this was so popular (mainly because I was out of TN and its arumai-perumai didn't reach Palakkad) but going by the fact that a recent Dhanush movie remixed it, it should have been popular at the time of arrival. eppadiyO, ennamO, one more number for the IR-SPB listtu
    Last edited by app_engine; 15th December 2011 at 10:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ennamma kannu is quite a popular number. A sathyarah movie was named after the song, too.