Page 238 of 400 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My dear App_eng wants to know the songs situations.

here is kadhai...

ஊரோரமா ஆத்துப்பக்கம் தென்னந்தோப்பு .....இளையராஜா's jazzy composition during , ராதா & her friends bored of their class , irritated the teacher , வெளியில் வந்து ஆடுவாங்க.

காலேஜ் election லே win பண்ண வைச்சா,ராதா promised singer மோகன்'s music program . Instead of arriving for the scheduled program on time, he was drinking at home .
    Students were upset , started to leave .
    Finally he decided to come to the arena , found nobody at the music hall ,he started to sing 'நான் பாடும் மௌன ராகம்......' pathos .
    ராதா & some of her friends heard his voice /song returned back to the hall .

மோகன் finds solace in drinking after losing Ambika .
    Ambika , his lover inspired ,encouraged him to sing . She believed in him .
    One evening, Mohan goes to Ambika's cemetery, started to sing IDHAYAM ORU KOYIL.......pathos .

Flashback story ,app _eng .
    மோகன் was telling ராதா .

இதயம் ஒரு கோயில்......joyous version , மோகன் & அம்பிகா , enjoyng their company in their village . கொஞ்சிண்டு, விளையாடிண்டு, his lover encouraged him to sing for her .

மோகன் sang கூட்டத்திலே கோயில் புறா.....பாடல் in their ஊரு திருவிழா.

அம்பிகா asked him to go to city , try for singing opportunities -' பெரிய பாடகரா திரும்பி வாங்க, I will wait for you !'
    city க்கு போயி ரோடு லே உக்காந்து, அவளை நினைச்சு 'இதயம் ஒரு கோயில்....' பாடுவார்.
    Thus he was found by இளையராஜா's folks . He got the opportunity to sing in cinema .

Meantime , அம்பிகா's father arranged her marriage , நல்லா செட்டில் ஆயிருக்கற fellow க்கு தான் தருவேன் என்னோடபெண்ணை, She was upset . She decided to go to Madras . She writes to him , asking him to pick her up at the பஸ் stand .
    He went for recording - யார் வீட்டில் ரோஜா....
    She arrived . வழி தெரியாது, thugs - rogues கிட்டே மாட்டிண்டுடுவா. composition's lyrics & ராஜா's dramatic interludes portray the situation .

ராதா takes interest in him , tries to reform him .
    One time ராதா and மோகன்'s car met with an accident , ராதா is heavily injured .
    Though they both are in same ப்ளூட் group , மோகன் can 't give blood for her operation , He is an alcoholic . That opens his eyes . He reforms himself

On சித்ரா பௌர்ணமி , மோகன் goes to his village , that 's where he sings this ராகம் சிவரஞ்சனி pathos - வானுயர்ந்த சோலையிலே.....

ராதா in love with மோகன் wants to marry him but மோகன் is fond of her , grateful for all the good things She has done for him .But he doesn't want to marry her, asks her to marry her classmate who loves her dearly .
    கல்யாணத்துலே again இதயம் ஒரு கோயில்... பாட்டு at the end .

What will ராதா do ?
    Will She fight to marry love of her life ?
    or
    settles down with the other guy to honour மோகன்'s wishes !

Can மோகன் ever love another girl ,marry & live in harmony?
    'marry the person who loves you '- Doesn't that apply to him too ?

Find out yourself , app _eng !

இதயம் ஒரு கோயில்......lovingly forever, இளையராஜா!

மனசை பிழிஞ்சு எடுத்துட்டீங்க, ராஜா..., loving it always!

Vinatha.

Last edited by baroque; 29th November 2011 at 12:15 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great summary of the movie & song situations!

Thank you so much baroque !

From your description, it sounds like yet another "typical Motherland pictures' movie" (possibly the last successful one of such "aspiring singer" genre of movies).

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App,

While Idhayakoyil is clearly atypical maniratnam (which strongly indicates he could've been a standin), I think Pagal nilavu has some mani ratnam touches. One can see shades of pagal nilavu characters in Nayagan: a bit of Satyaraj character in Velu Nayakkar and Sarathbabu in Asst Police commissioner (nasser). Like how you see Nayagan hangover in Thalapathy

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idhaya Kovil is a fantastic album of Mani - IR Combo.
    The song of the album for me is Paattu Thalaivan , what sheer magic by the combo of IR and SPB . Oru periya Kumbudu .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RR View Post
    I think Pagal nilavu has some mani ratnam touches.
    Good observation, RR sir!

My memory on that movie is very feeble though...only some images from the videos of the great songs...

Post Thanks / Like
    Another minor milestone for the nool :
    > 100K views

(not as fast as in the case of threads in the TF section but still good to see this reaching it)
    Last edited by app_engine; 29th November 2011 at 11:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: pagal nilavu, you actually have the nee thottaa kambilipoochi oorurA maadhiri irukku dialogue here...

Post Thanks / Like
    #213 கூட்டத்திலே கோயில் புறா
    (இதயக்கோயில், 1985 )

Rain started last evening and continued all night and was still pouring down poonaikaL & nAykaL when I came to workplace this morning. The November Rain. When I thought of that phrase, the Guns and Roses song got played in the mind - the portion when the singer walks carrying the coffin of his bride - but it got abruptly stopped by the strong smell in the parking lot.

This is an interesting feature I've noticed in this workplace - the arrival of 100's of earthworms on rainy days and the whole parking lot having a very strong smell of them. There is no maN (every non-paved area is covered with grass) & so no maN vAsanai but only strong puzhu vAsanai. I'm sure in years to come, the mention of 'koottaththilE kOyil puRA' is going to remind me of the maN puzhu smell Well, they've predicted a few inches of snow tomorrow and the next IK song may have to be associated with a dreary drive tomorrow.

Such thought processes were running through the mind when another interruption happened with the loud noise of the birds in V formations flying above. oh-Oh, many birds have started leaving the lake, migrating to faraway places and will return only next year. A few will remain here however (mostly Canadian geese) that will walk on top of the frozen lake, make marks on any fresh snow that falls etc. I cannot wait to see those footprints...winter's coming and fall leaving...

While this song is hardly about the literal kaboothar, I always get reminded of that beautiful puRakkoottam each time I listen to this song. Their peculiar sound when rushing in-and-out of tall buildings. They're present even in big cities, not necessarily only in country side. (I have watched puRakkoottam for hours in front of gateway of India. But now, if I think about GW of I, it unfortunately brings to mind the horrible Mumbai attack that happened 3 years ago just around the same time of the year )

Well, no strong past memories of events for the kOyil puRA song except some Palakkad rains of the first year that made us TN-ers feel tired of them, though I've lived there long enough to simbly love the rains that arrive in June wk1 promptly and even worry in case of the delay of few days.

The song had a few supporters on this thread for the #200 spot but adhikAlai nEramE was favoured by more. Ofcourse, an out-and-out SPB special and fully qualified to be among the top numbers from the SPB/IR combo! Dance song that has mild 'nAnoru ponnOviyam' feel but faster and more jubilant! (Please warn me if chEchi dances for this number and I won't search for the youtube). Never a dull moment, this song is a clear winner from start to finish!
    Last edited by app_engine; 30th November 2011 at 12:51 AM.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Thanks, al.

86 is an important year, namma team jeyicha varusham.
    Groucho Sir, I am wondering what team is this and why is this not 1992(when Malaysia won the Thomas Cup. Or are you referring to 86 Merdeka Cup? )

Vinatha,
    Never knew there was a Madras Cafe in Atlanta. I recollect lunching with a dear old friend at Udupi when our paths happened to cross in 2005 there.

radiochandra, wonderful observation on Radha going to Operations research class to learn PERT/CPM. In Mouna Ragam, we found Revathi going to Econometrics class. Looks like Manirathnam preserved all his 1979(?) MBA textbooks from JBIMS and found good use for them

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    al_gates,

I never lived in Atlanta.

We used to live in Seattle during early 90s.

We called the store, they sent us movies by post.

Even I am thinking of checking with our friend at Atlanta whether they have the same store now. I am curious too.

There was a NI grocery store in Seattle, we got Hindi movies in that shop.

Vancouver, Canada is just few hrs 3-4 hrs drive from Seattle, USA. We used to go often.
    We bought music , did shopping at Indian bazaars, of course I did jewelery shopping - chokers, step jhumkas.. good old days...
    Vinatha
    Last edited by baroque; 30th November 2011 at 03:48 AM.