Page 221 of 400 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I have a theory on how the director might have decided to picturise the song thus:
    Director to Revathy: "madam, indha song konjam...intimateA...it is a sensuous song you know". Revathy(brings out her pudhumaipenn theekuLikkaNumA expression):Whaaaatttt!!! ?Director: adhilla madam, kadhaikku thevaiyaa irukku...Revathy: idiot of the nonsense of the...en image ennaagueradhu? And you are asking me to do this with Suresh? Yikes!!! Director: (beats retreat)
    Director has sarakku in the evening with assistants and convenes a brainstorming session
    Dir: andha touch-me-not kavuthruchubA! Ippo enna pandradhu???Asst Dir 1: I have an idea sir. Why not picturise on Rajiv and some extra???Dir: koot idea!!!!!
    They start picturising, AD1 sees Rajiv's canine expression in the prelude and taps the Director's shoulders:
    AD1: sir, I have a better idea...
    Rest is history!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    The Director was K Natraj, a buddy of Rajini, who later directed Valli, written and produced by Superstar. You might also have seen him in Moondru Mudichchu as Rajini's conscience. I believe Rajini had a tough time convincing IR to score music for Valli - and this is said to be the real reason why Raja never scored for Rajini again - ok, I made that last part up but I hope I have given a real person to hate for VS and wizzy as opposed to hating some unknown face

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Honestly, watch out for Rajiv's carnal expression just before the canines take over .

Plum,
    Too much on that director-revathy-asst.dir discussions. Enna oru karpanai. Then I definitely wanted this from you. How would K Natraj have explained the situation to IR. Please, your inputs please. I certainly feel, he would have lied the actual situation to IR. Or even if it is true, it's hard for me imagine IR giving such memorable tune for dogs. May be the director (I hate to call him like that) would have just said, "I need a 'thuLLal' song having dogs in his mind, and poor IR succumbed sincerely. Eppadi ellam Emaathirukkaanga paa. One good thing is, we got a beautiful song, on the other hand after watching the video, I cannot listen to the song again with same frame of mind which I had before I watched this video. KadavuLe!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum. Padam pArthavudanE, immediately songs-um picturisation-um pirichidanum, unless, of course, it's NT/KH/RK. To an extent, PG/SR/KM/VK, but with reservation.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great going App Sir, You have covered so many gems,!!!
    Plum Sir, I am reading your comments at work, I laughed out so loud, getting the 'whats up with you'' looku' from fellow office mates, haha.... Nalla karpanai with Revathi,Dir,Asst.directors! Ninge sonnathu pola thaan nadanthu irukkanum,

Rajiv's creepy expression...The song gives me the jitters,soossh!! pavum antha dog trainer , eppdillam kashda pattu rendu dogskkum training kuduthangelo!! IR, poor man, Naai -Pei ellathukkum music compose potturukkaru..

Enathu Vote Athi Kaalai nerame 'kku App Sir,

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to see that forums are back again

Thank you all for the inputs, adhikAlai got overwhelming majority prior to the hack and I've mentioned in a post (not there anymore) that #198 & #199, that are to come before the #200 will be from TET.

Will resume posting from Monday

Nerd & Divine22 : nanRi, for your kind words!

Plum,

V_Sji,
    I remember posting about Natraj (film-institute buddy of Rajini) in the thEn poovE poovE vA thenRal thEdi song (anbuLLa RK was also by K Natraj).

Apart from the manasAtchi role, another 'bayamuRuththal' role for him was in moonRam piRai...In that scene too, there is this nAi connection

Kamal to Sridevi about suppiramaNi : pAsam, pAsamuLLa nAi BTW, one of IR's best BGM pieces in MP was for the "intro" of suppiramaNi - enna oru thuLLal!
    Last edited by app_engine; 14th November 2011 at 10:24 AM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    plum. But that's a devar-film right? One's expected to expect this sorta stuff. Thanks to KTV's kalaisEvai, I caught snatches of the film some years back. The director probably took Guna's "manidhar unarndhu kolla idhu manidhakkaadhal alla" a bit too seriously.

Post Thanks / Like
    KV, not sure if it is Devar film but the director is K natraj for sure. I saw this movie in DD in the 80s and went through the cycle of denial-disbelief-rage-shock-ridicule-darkhumour 20+ years back. Actually, my first version of that Revathy-Director conversation was far more risque and vulgar . Had to tone it down since this thread is a family thread, run by decent cultured family man app-engine . One of the gigs involved an enraged Natraj using the feminine form of Dog for the uncooperative actress to his ADs, in keeping with the theme of the post. Sadly, I have to tone down my profane genius to make my writing acceptable to general public

Post Thanks / Like
    VS, I believe Natraj might have narrated to IR (and intended) this as a first night song between Revathy-Suresh. Note the lines
    pudhu malarai mudhal mudhalai. thoduvadhinAl sudugiRadhO
    Given Revathy's strong distaste for explicit screen intimacy*(something that, ironically, changed after her marriage - viz, thevar magan and Ayul Kaidi, and even Prema with Venky/Salman), I theorise that she shot down Natraj's indecent proposal during the shooting phase. Though I wrote that tongue-in-cheek, I believe Natraj and ADs might have had to improvise to ensure that the song is picturised. I also believe Natraj might have gotten so pissed off that he decided to make a mockery of it. My first version, as I outlined in the previous post, had a conclusion with Natraj saying to his ADs "That will show her . It's not like I cannot get a (profanity involving feminine form of dog) for picturising this song".* there are exceptions like Singalathu Chinna Kuyiale before marriage but then Kamal is Kamal no? Not easy escaping his hands

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    VS, I believe Natraj might have narrated to IR (and intended) this as a first night song between Revathy-Suresh. Note the lines Given Revathy's strong distaste for explicit screen intimacy*(something that, ironically, changed after her marriage - viz, thevar magan and Ayul Kaidi, and even Prema with Venky/Salman), I theorise that she shot down Natraj's indecent proposal during the shooting phase. Though I wrote that tongue-in-cheek, I believe Natraj and ADs might have had to improvise to ensure that the song is picturised. I also believe Natraj might have gotten so pissed off that he decided to make a mockery of it. My first version, as I outlined in the previous post, had a conclusion with Natraj saying to his ADs "That will show her . It's not like I cannot get a (profanity involving feminine form of dog) for picturising this song".* there are exceptions like Singalathu Chinna Kuyiale before marriage but then Kamal is Kamal no? Not easy escaping his hands
    Wonderful, Wonderful! Thanks Plum, but paavam sir Revathy! As I said and as per your thought, this song was not for the situation we witnessed on screen. How shocked IR would have been when he happened to see the film for providing the background score for the film (Intha padatukku ithu veraya!). Sonna situation'E vEra, edutha vithamE vEra. Adapaavigala! Anyway, it's an ultimate sin to a gorgeous composition!

Thanks App for additional information about K Natraj.