Page 218 of 400 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    App, not really gone finished going through your early posts in this thread...I wonder if there was any reference to Rakesh Sharma's space journey in Apr 1st week 1984 and the interest it generated among your college friends? This was just a handful of days before the release of the likes of Naan Paadum Paadal, Vazhkai, Thambikku endha ooru, etc..

Thanks again....for stories featuring both counterpoints and chameleons

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi, al_gates!

I had no reference of Rakesh Sharma in the posts - ofcourse there was some common-room discussions / talks etc about him with indhu paper in hand but no feverish impact in my circles...

Post Thanks / Like
    Most discussions were about getting aids (from US universities, no pun intended) rather than going to space

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mood music from loverboy and janu .

ம்ம்ம்... composition reminds me of another song 's pallavi tune உனைத்தொட தாகமே உண்டானதே திண்டாடுதே மனமே.......yesudas and uma ramanan

paththiruppathu kaaththirukkuthu
    kaththiruppathu paaththirukkuthu
    Om hari hari
    Om hara hara
    Om hari hara Om .......male duet by Bala and Vasu in this album.

vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 5th November 2011 at 07:09 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App, nice recollection in pachondhi. Is it also called jandhu? What is Jandhu. In our home, Jandhu is an insult word, like "enthu paranyaalum ketkAtha jandhu ithu!". Those episodes remind me of an uncle back in plantation days whose past time was hunting for monitor lizard that ends up in our pot, of course.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    janthu means பிராணி - living creature

6th sense-rational thinking of the human being
    so sonnalum ketkaama, thaanavum yosikkama frustrate panninaa
    enna sonnaalum ketkkadha janthu(janmam) idhu appadinnu thittaraanga
    Last edited by baroque; 5th November 2011 at 08:53 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like

vinatha

Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi, groucho!

Yes, like baroque confirmed, jandhu is creature. (vadamozhi word, freely used in the 'manipravALa nadai Thamizh'. prANi is also vadamozhi, means soul / creature).

It's quite interesting how many vadamozhi words have been part of regular TN vocabulary. Recently I read in a blog comment that reminded that most who claimed to "safeguard Thamizh" and resorted to a variety of changes in regular day-to-day terms ('uyir vaLi' instead of 'prANa vAyu' aka Oxygen, for e.g.) have carelessly retained the vadamozhi Rahul Dravid in the party titles of almost all big outfits in TN (This includes the relatively newer spin-off by Vaiko & the outfit by karuppu MGR)
    Last edited by app_engine; 6th November 2011 at 06:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    #196 வந்தாள் மகாலக்ஷ்மியே
    (உயர்ந்த உள்ளம், 1985 )

I remember SPB's "konashtais" in this song being made fun of from time to time in the tfmpage. Especially the ones during the second interlude. Despite that, one has to admit that it's a very sweet melody and some effortless singing by SPB The song was moderately popular during the time of its arrival. I clearly remember the winning Jamal Mohammed college light music team performing this song in Festember. Their singer almost replica'd SPB

I think the movie was a dud (never had a chance to watch the movie) and part of the AVM assaults on the new age cinema that was trying to establish in the TField. Well, with KH in company, they've accomplished it, one would say. There were not going to be many udhirippookkaL kinds post SKV. Actually, AVM successfully re-established the supremacy of heroes, which almost went away during late 70's and early 80's (with movies having even Vijayan / Mohan kinds running for silver jubilees). Well, all in the business.

Apart from SPB's sEttais, this song can also be enjoyed for some nice percussion sounds (great recording by the existing standards) and some veeNai sounds
    Last edited by app_engine; 6th November 2011 at 06:32 PM.