Page 214 of 400 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Senior Hubber rajeshkrv's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Murali,
    in an interview of SAC he told about the controversies about Gandhi desame and he said Vaali had to change few lines.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajesh,

I think SAC mistook Ellarume thirudangathaan which comes at the beginning of the film [sung by IR himself] and which was written by Vaalee, for Gandhi Desame. As I mentioned earlier Gandhi Desame had signature VM lines like

பதவியின் சிறைகளில் பாரத மாதா பரிதவிக்கிறாள்

சுதந்திர தேவி சுயநலப் புலிகளின் துணி துவைக்கிறாள்.

and in charanam you can again find the same pattern

ஏழையின் கூரையில் ஏற்றிய தீக்கனல் வான் வரை ஏறுதடா

Regards

Senior Member Senior Hubber rajeshkrv's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok Murali sir. you may be right

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    summer of 1985, with parents traveling a lot, I spent most of the hot days hanging out and playing with a lad of my age, kumar by name. Amidst the many tree-climbing, ball-chasing, veranda story-telling sessions he had, he often used to sing the Vanille thenila song.
    Now that the pieces are put together I understand he must have been taken to Kakkichattai by his kamal-crazy family

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    It definitely didn't meet the expectations of one whose childhood included running around in the school campus singing 'nenjam uNdu nErmai uNdu' with extra "horse sound" from the tongue
    this is hilarious, app sir

Picturising you as a serious, lost-in-thought kind of person, this side of you is little hard to imagine

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi M_S sir, for the insight on the lyricist for Gandhi dEsamE

nanRi for the comments rajeshkrv, baroque & al_gates.

al_gates, all of us have a variety of characteristics and have moments that are playful, lost-in-thought, I-prefer-solitude, I-am-silly etc., especially at different time periods of life. Today, I was close to a road-rage persion on the drive from Chicago-Detroit (almost did tail-gating to a crazy Jeep driver who kept varying between 60-80 mph unnecessarily and was playing) which is so unlike-me and got chastised by my 18 year old son
    Last edited by app_engine; 29th October 2011 at 08:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    #190 வெண் மேகம்
    (நான் சிகப்பு மனிதன், 1985 )

SPB version of 'oru thanga radhaththil'

Not as effective as the older one , strictly IMO, but was functional, from the movie's POV. OTOH, musically very rich - IR has infused a lot of mangaLa elements, lavishly added shenoy / thambura and such sounds to make it so festive. SPB feels from the heart while singing and anyone who has sister(s) can really feel it (I have two, apart from a brother, all younger, BTW).

Rajinkanth looked very smart in this movie. IIRC, he had suit in some scenes (possibly one of them in which blood oozes out due to the prior night's gun shot) and was dashing!

Actually, suit suits him better than any TF actor IMO!

He did the role very commendably and in a realistic manner IMO. Actually, in most movies until 80's (except those having some extra "style" gimmicks like cigaratte throwing) Rajini was so realistic on screen without much alattal. Especially he was so nice on song scenes. In addition to him, SAC employed KBR -who was the top director-actor at that time - to appear on screen. KBR really did his role nice and was intelligent as usual. That added some weight to the reasonably engaging movie. I liked it at the time of arrival and was happy that KBR was part of the project.

IIRC, most of my associates at the hostel liked the movie. In any case, better than the others that were running concurrently. Possibly another time period when IR had three 100 day hits running simultaneously (udhaya geetham, kAkki chattai, nAn sikappu manithan).
    Last edited by app_engine; 29th October 2011 at 08:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    veN mEgham youtube :

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    must say that SAC had done well to take a character penned for Raj Babbar (of all people) in hindi to Rajinikanth!!! who would have thought about that...
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    இதுல வருகிற முக்கல் முனகல்களை மேடையில் செய்துகொண்டிருந்த பெண் பாடகியை பார்த்து எங்க ஊர் பெருசு ஒன்னு அடித்த நக்கல் இப்போதும் ஞாபகம் இருக்கு. "போற போக்கப் பார்த்தா இவ நம்ம ஊர்லயே கொழந்தை பெத்துருவா போல!"
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.