Page 166 of 400 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good point V_S - first thriller type movie for someone of my age(assuming you are closer to mine). Actually, heck, idhellAm childhood-la best film I have ever seen range.

And that Ambi Chechi/Radha difference was how, for a long time, I assumed Grouch is older than me by few years(which turned out to be wrong). In our family, the Ambi Chechi fans were all cousins who were 2-3 years older than me. Cousins of my age were of Radha perusasion. I was the exception with neither as my favourite. So, in an unthinking way, I tag Ambi Chechi die-hards to my cousins' age.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,
    I think you should be younger than me. I was studying 10th grade when I saw Vellai Roja (November/December 1983). Guess my age.

Also, Ambi chechi craze was there till I reached college. After that it slowly died down. Due to new environment and first year ragging'leye ellaam marandhu pocchu

Post Thanks / Like
    க்ரவ்சோ, ப்ளம், வெங்கிராம் மற்றும் வி எஸ்,
    உங்கள் கமெண்ட்டுகளுக்கும் தூ.த.தூ. மற்றும் வெ.ரோ. பற்றிய விவரங்களுக்கும் மிக்க நன்றி

தீபாவளிக்கு வந்த பெருசுகள் படங்கள் முடிந்து விட்டதால் அந்த வருடத்தின் வேறு சில சிறுசுகளுக்கு செல்லலாம்

Post Thanks / Like
    #134 என்னம்மா கோபம்? ஏனிந்த வேகம்? பொன்னான பூமுகம் என்னாகும்?
    (வீட்டுல ராமன் வெளியில கிருஷ்ணன், 1983 )

Another sweet guitar -synth number, typical of the early 80's stuff, that IR delivered to this Manivannan movie (possibly a remake from Telugu or vice-versa). SPB as usual at ease and smooth as he didn't have to stretch a lot for this number IMO. Possibly finished the assignment in < 10 minutes (as he had to race and finish all those 1000's of songs within a short period of time to get into guinness book). While he effortlessly delivers it, he makes sure all his touch / punches are appropriately in place (BTW, is rAsA in guinness book yet?)

This song was a moderate hit, more known than the movie. On radio often and also occasionally on buses / tea shops, definitely found a regular place on the TDK cassettes that got feverishly recorded those days.

I remember watching this movie in Trichy a week or so after the release and rated it to be average. Sivakumar / Radhika starrer, the villain caught the eye with his above-average performance. I don't remember his name but possibly the same acted as villain in the Mammootty - Sumalatha hit 'niRakkoottu' (somewhat similar role, eyeing another man's wife). And, nice performance by Radhika, she is quite a capable actress.

Post Thanks / Like
    In 1983, we've already crossed the number of songs from any year prior!

32 certified hits already and we have a few more to go What a colossal year!

If one cares to look at rAsA filmography for that year, he/she can appreciate how many more hits rAsA had that didn't feature SPB.

simbly ruling!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's good number App! I don't remember hearing this at all. Thanks for introducing. I am seeing rakkamma site after a long time, it seems they have updated the site recently. Earlier when I went to this site i remember seeing around 50-55 films in 1990/92, now it has gone upto whopping 64 films. Need to check again. Thanks for linking the site as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    sOlaippoovil youtube (here the ammA looks like mOL, similar eyebrow etc)

Post Thanks / Like
    O mAnE mAnE mAnE unnaiththAnE youtube (ambi chEchi's hurried dancing is always funny)

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are undeterred, app, undeterred Thanks for the links.

Plum, by the by, it was not these films I fell for her, it was earlier, to be precise, Andha 7 Naatkal. The song, "Thendral Vanthu...". But I saw that film possibly in 1983 (two years later in video cassette). What an awesome year it was.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Three songs due on Monday (for Sat/Sun/Mon)...with so much to do in the long weekend (including a nice long sleeeeep), I'll struggle a bit to catch up