Page 154 of 400 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    Second interlude. Avvalavum Marijuana bodhai. Scintillating stuff by thalaivar.

Similarly, second charanam. Here SPB starts the line 'aNaithaal devalOgam arugE vanthu sErum'. Not much for SPB here. Now it's time for SJ to prove in the next line, especially the ending. SJ starts with 'ninaithaal ingu yaavum inimai yendru koodum'. But Maestro gives SPB again a turn to finish the line (not sure why) with sweety sweety 'mmm…'. humming. And could not imagine SJ there, that perfectly done by SPB. We were hypnotized again.

It does not stop there. Here comes lot of big kisses for SPB, 'aha ithu maargazhi maadham ammaadiyo mun pani veesum'. Hear how he sings 'Ammaadiyo'. He just laughs, no he doesn't, I am wrong. He smiles and laughs. Again I am wrong. he laughs and smiles. No, again I am wrong. He laughs, smiles and sings too. I will never get this.

It's an open challenge if any singer can do this. All singing awards can just go to dump, if they are not given to this piece and this singer.
    ரொம்ப சுவையா இருந்தது உங்கள் பதிவும். நன்றி வி.எஸ்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    மிக்க நன்றி venkki ! அவ்வளவு அருமையான பாடல்கள், என்னையே மறந்து விடுவேன் இந்த பாடல்களை கேட்கும் பொழுது.

சின்னஞ்சிறு கிளியே - நீங்கள் உங்கள் மகனுக்கு இந்த பாடலை தாலாட்டு பாடலாக பாடுவதை படித்துவிட்டு மிகவும் நெகிழ்ந்து போனேன். ராஜா ஒவ்வொருவர் வாழ்க்கையிலும் ஒரு அங்கம். ஜானகி அம்மாவின் குரலில் அம்மாவின் பாசம் அப்படியே தெரியும். கண்கள் குளமாகிவிடும். அருமையான பதிவு. நன்றி!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    AhA, V_S in full flow

Nice description on the mu-mu songs

Nice post by Venkkiram too, on chinnanchiru kiLiyE! nanRi!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ahaa ahaa romba nalla padalgal

1) Pothi vaicha malligai mottu - Extremley addictive song, I try and immitate SPB's laughs, giggles in this song, esp the laugh/giggle he will do when he starts "pothi" .

2) Chinna chiru kizhiyE - another soul soothing song by the Lethal Trio (IR+SPB+SJ)
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by V_S
    Second interlude. Avvalavum Marijuana bodhai
    For some reason, I am only able to read this line in Vadivelu accent

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... I too tried imagining Vadivelu accent now, you are right.

Post Thanks / Like
    #118 தலையைக்குனியும் தாமரையே
    (ஒரு ஓடை நதியாகிறது, 1983 , ராஜேஸ்வரியுடன்)

Fourth Sridhar film with IR. Though not a match for those phenomenal previous albums IO, AUA & NN, much better than most contemporary music! For some reason, I was thinking that either of the 1985 movies were Sridhar's fourth with IR. Looks like OON came before them as the net chronology indicates. Also, going by the fact that Krishnachandar features in this album, it has to be from that time period as his tenure was so short in TFM, despite getting one of TFM's best ever 'EdhO mOgam'.

The only SPB song from the album, the sweetest one as well. rAsA using again the "synth-like-solo-violin" sound (refer earlier songs 'poongathavE' and 'poo malarndhida') which is one my most fav sounds! Another pAvam female singer but much better than Chaya (she does really well in the phrase -'poo vAdaikkkAththu, jannalaichchAththu').

Is this another "reethi gowLai" based song, the rAgA that IR brought into film music in kavikkuyil? (BMK singing that classic chinnakkaNNan azhaikkiRAn). Fortunately, the lyric is extremely pleasing here - must be VM - unlike the 'aRuvA maNaiyAl aRukkuRa rAchchasi' business that we got tortured with, post-IR Aesthetic rAgam, aesthetic poem, sweet singing!

I don't think the movie made any impact with the public (was Raghuvaran the hero?). The songs were reasonably popular though, on radio / bus / recording center levels. However, I don't think they were patti-thotti-teakkadai hits as in the case of earlier IR-Sridhar combo albums. SJ's 'kanavu onRu thOnRuthE' & KC-BSS duet 'thenRal ennai muththamittadhu' were other regulars on radio / buses...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App, yes the song reminds us of poo malarnthida, the violin. But this one takes the cake, purely for SPBs singing.

V_S, Venki . Time to add that song in my collection, lots of tAlAttus on the horizon.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Reethigowlai app.

I saw the movie recently. It was meh.
    Interestingly, ALL of the songs in this movie are what you would call "Friday Songs", app.
    1. Thendral Ennai Muthamittadhu - Rain. Lovers. Do the math.
    2. En Deham Amudham - Manobala trying to seduce Raghuvaran is the premise of the song
    3. Thalaiyai Kuniyum - First-night(or imagined first-night, I suppose)
    4. Kanavu ondru thOndrudhE - Sumalatha disturbed by Raghuvaran's re-entry into her life and imagining....I'll leave that to your imagination
    5. Raathiri Pozhuthu - Random extras performing jalsa, that incites a drunken Raghuvaran to rape Sumalatha in the following scene

Sridhar enna mood-la indha padam eduththArO theriyala.

Couple of trivia, one real and one a guess
    1. Manobala who plays Raghuvaran's wife is Baliah's daughter
    2. The kid who plays Sumalatha's son reminds me a lot of TK Karthik, the singer. Wonder if it was him...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    Manobala trying to seduce Raghuvaran
    First I did a as the lean director / actor came to mind, then your trivia cleared up the matter.

Sumalatha was quite successful in Malayalam (thoovAnaththumbikaL with Mohanlal is a classic, a couple of commercial biggies - New Delhi / niRakkoottu - with Mammootty) but never made it big in TF despite being a talented actress & reasonably good looks.